Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out to Mom. Can't believe it...

Out to Mom. Can't believe it...

I got a phone call from my mother this afternoon. We hadn't talked in a few weeks and we had a nice "how are things going" sort of conversation. I had mentioned I hadn't heard from Corey (my youngest) in a while and she said she had seen them.

Corey's sons name is Riley. My mother tells me she feels the same way about him as she did me. I asked her what she meant. "I always thought that you were to pretty to be a boy." There was silence for a while. She asked if I was mad at her for saying that. She thought she had told me that before. (She had)

I took a deep breath. "About that, mom......"

I told her EVERYTHING. From being a little girl through today. Sneaking off to wear my sisters dresses. Wanting my ears pierced when I was 12. Wanting to go to prom in a gown, not a tux. Going to Coconuts for Ladies Night for years. EVERYTHING!!

She was totally excepting and told me I was her son and she loved me. If I wanted to be her daughter, that was just fine with her. I can't believe my drama queen mother took it in stride. Kind of makes me wish I had told her when I was younger. Wonder if thing would have been different.
    Can't stop smiling...and crying...
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Mums are often in tune with emotions of others.
    Also as we age, we look differently on the world and where things may have been a big issue in our 40's is a nothing issue in our 60's.

But it's always good to talk to our mums - well done.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

That is so wonderful!!!! Good for you!!

This is a very touching story. I'm So happy for you! Congratulations and thanks for sharing this. It's quite impactful.

That's great, feels great doesn't it, like taking a building off your shoulders. Sounds like she was cool about it. Keep us updated on future events.

Aspiring Member
    I am extremely happy for you Catherine! I too think it's a big burdeon off of your shoulders. If you're not crying, I have a few tears in my eyes. I wish you well and growth in the coming days. I think my late mother knew but we just never talked about it. Probably good that we didn't. But I fully remember my first grade teacher fixing my hair for school portraits saying that with my blue eyes I'd be a very pretty girl. If she only knew that I wanted to so badly wanted to be a girl and join in with them on the playground.

Cheryl

Banned Read only
    You're fortunate to have a mother who has figured out true love should not be limited by some artificial or superficial boundaries. Not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Lady Catherine, you mom is very special!

That is so awesome Catherine.It's so nice to be accepted by love ones.
    Angie

That's pretty cool.It's always nice to hear a good outcome like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Catherine View Post
    "I always thought that you were to pretty to be a boy." There was silence for a while. She asked if I was mad at her for saying that. She thought she had told me that before. (She had)

I took a deep breath. "About that, mom......"
    I'll have to keep this in mind the next time my mom says that to me.
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You have an outstanding Mother!!!

Catherine,
    Was it an opportunity missed, maybe you can make up for it now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Catherine that is such a wonderful story.
    I'm so happy for you. Big Hug

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    That is so great, it's too bad it happened so late in life.
    But, better late than never
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Parents can see things in their children that the children may not even realize.

One of our daughters asked for a private meeting with my wife and me. She nervously said that she was gay. We replied "Yes, we know that. Please go on with what you wanted to talk about."
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

A great mom

I can't believe how lucky I've been since I started coming out to family. I am truly blessed.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Congratulations Catherine. That is such good news and, i know a relief. Yes, Rachel, you are so right - Moms are often in tune with their children's inner feelings. When i came out to my parents, my mom said that it was about time i admitted it to myself.

"She was totally excepting and told me I was her son and she loved me".... almost in tears. What a mum.

I'm happy for you Catherine!

Hugs, Bria

I so wish I'd spoken to my mum about this part of my life.
    Years ago, when I guess I must have been around 15-16 years old, she caught me in a skirt and blouse very late one night, when everyone else was in bed. I was just dashing from the bathroom back to my bedroom, and was spotted in the hallway. Nothing was said for a couple of days, then, when we were alone, she asked me about it. This was waaay before the internet, and I really didn't understand or comprehend that side of myself, and was terribly confused and embarrassed, so I made some rubbish excuse about having only tried it a couple of times, and would never do it again. Then she asked if it was because of anything she'd done while raising me.
    (I don't remember details, but I do remember one occasion where I went school with nail polish on - I must have been 5 years old, and I guess I'd just watched my mum do her nails, then pestered her into doing mine too. I don't remember anyone laughing at me, but a friend who was a girl noticed them, and I felt really uncomfortable, even though she hadn't said anything nasty.)

Anyway, during the chat after she caught me, my mum didn't say how she felt about it, but she did tell me that if my dad found out it would 'break his heart', so I regressed deeper into the closet.

She died six years ago. Only after that have I come to understand and accept this part of myself, and I wish I'd at least had the choice to discuss it with her now. If only to reassure her that it was just who I was, and nothing she'd done wrong. It makes me sad to think that she'd carried a whole load of guilt for years, and I was never ready to take it away from her.

Anyway, this is far to depressing compared to Catherine's original post. I'm really pleased for you Catherine. Pleased that you got to share, and pleased that you were accepted so lovingly.

Daphne
    xx

Very nice story .Im glad to hear it all turned out positive
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

As a boy, I was caught playing with my mom's lipstick and punished, by my dad! I was never sat down for the purpose of asking WHY I did that (as if I could have understood and explained it myself!), but it was just wrong, period. My dad was very traditional, religious, and old-fashioned about most things, and took a strong lead that my mom followed. (For example, he told my brother that he couldn't marry a Catholic girl. It's a mis-match that just won't work.)

My mom and I were close, but not so close that I confided in her that I crossdressed, because of that experience as a boy, since she didn't intervene or express an opinion on the matter. But I believe that without the influence of my dad, my mom would always love me the same, crossdresser or not. Not that my dad didn't love me. He did, but would have never accepted my crossdressing. My mom would have. Sometimes I wonder if she knew all along.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Catherine,

What a great ending to a story . . . very glad to hear you mother is so accepting.

Hugs

Isha