Thread: First day, new job update

Banned Read only

First day, new job update

As mentioned earlier, I was recently hired solely as Gina throughout the hiring process. I just completed my first three day work week and had the most satisfying experience I've ever had for my first few days at a new job. There are about 150 people who work in the organization but I only met about 20 this week. I was welcomed throughout and am working in an office with all women. A little bit of drama among them but they were all cool with me so far. They know that I am not a GG, but so far no one seems to care. I even got a few pleasant looks and friendly greeting from several of my male co-workers. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I absolutely love going to work as Gina. I've waited to long. Thanks to all of the girls for all of the supportive comments.

Thats awesome, Gina! Just stay away from the drama because it will suck you in.

Gina, I also think it is wonderful that you have got off to a good start.
    I do hope it continues that way for you.
    Please keep us posted.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    You do know this is like a dream come true for a lot of us, right?
    Keep us posted and stay out of trouble. You're an ambassador now.

Oh, and how cool is this?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Yes do stay out of the drama, it can turn sour in a heart beat. Do your job keep the mouth shut and you will be ok. I bet that if you just do your job and be you without causing any conflict that will be accepted by the crowd. For me having to get dressed every day for any job would be a drudgery as I I have been retired a while now. I definitely would have to learn new tricks of getting dressed faster or I would get fired for being late every day.

Nice to be accepted that way Hon. Will be looking forward to hearing about your further adventures.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    Congrats Gina! What kind of work do you do? What type of business if you can share those details. Enjoy!

All of the things that come with living authentically are victories. Working is one of the big ones. Congratulations. The day I walked into work, I expected all eyes to be on me. They weren't. In fact, it was kinda ho hum.

Congrats Gina. I have been working as a woman for almost 8 years now. I run a department in a health care agency that's all wonen and have total acceptance. It's a great dream come true.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Way to go Gina!!! Now don't go shakin' that booty too much around the guys and let the other ladies claw each others eyes out. Do your job to the best of your abilities and everything will be fine.

Banned Read only
    I am working for an engineering firm that specializes in industrial infrastructure systems. I mainly process and file plans for the engineers, and I'm the main gofer when things need to be delivered, picked up, or mailed out. I work 3-4 days a week depending on how much they need me. It is mostly clerical in nature but I get to dress nice each day. I even get to go the UPS or FedEx and also drop things off at various clients. So far so good. It appears they are pleased with how things are working out. I am meeting new people every day, and for the most part everyone has been great. I have had some funny looks by a few but management is big on respect and has zero tolerance for workplace harassment so I don't expect any serious issues. I have met a few co-workers who are gay/lesbian and they have been very supportive. The second week has started so we will see how it goes.

Congratulations! You are so lucky. What a dream come true to do that and not be ridiculed.

I actually dreamed about that one night. I felt awkward, yet loved it and nobody noticed. Nice dream, never happen.

Congratulations Gina! I hope the rest of your second week went even better!!

Congratulations Gina!
    I get so jealous of the girls in the office were I work they all get to wear dresses mad hi heels all day! You are so blessed

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Wow Gina, I'm sure it really is a dream come true. It sounds like so much fun. I'm so happy for you.
    I just hope I have the courage and determination to reach that point.
    You go Girl!
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

I'm so very happy for you the realization of a lifetime of being and expressing yourself as the individual that you are. Congrats, and my hats off to not only you for having the courage and fortitude to see it through, but also to your employer and fellow employess.

Wow. nice. Be sure to include some pictures of what you are wearing to work (like Rachel does). We are all interested.
    joank
    Southern California

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Seriously living the dream.....kudos to you from a dreaming Brit!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk