Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purge Question?

Purge Question?

We've just about all done it...Purging.

What did you purge that you really miss?

For me, it was a five wigs I threw out a number of years ago...Cut just right, great colors I miss them so!

How about you?

Oh my...I had this beautiful cowl neck dress with long sleeves and a sash belt in Chocolate that I adored. It looked so nice with coffee stockings and my dark brown pumps. It fit like a glove and hugged every curve. Then came the purge and alas it went the way of so many other things. I also had a fabulous pair of sling back strappy sandals with a 4" spike heel in leopard print. What I wouldn't give to have those back.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I only purged once, and only lost one thing I miss. A pair of Ostrich heels, back when Ostrich was not being sold in this country, so they couldn't be replaced. Those where the most comfortable heels I've ever owned.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I lost a lovely comfy pair of black milano leather boots with 5" heels.
    Never getting those back
    Samantha -x-

Way too much to even try to list.

I only purged once and that was before I went in the service. I had many things I really adored but I did have one skirt suit with a tight skirt that I really was very fond of. Then there was all of that very femme lingerie that I really loved..... Actually I could go on and on .....

The only time I purged was when I was switching bedrooms with my sister. Her old room was too small and had no place for me to hide my things. That and I was paranoid about them finding something as we're moving, so I decided it was best to purge. Now I have a big box and cabinet to hide everything and they have locks so that'a a plus.

Almost everything I have purged was always lingerie- most of the same things- I'm very habitual- I guess that is why I am still dressing? Always a set of nice heels, long brunette wig, opaque bodystocking, black thigh highs, pearls pearls and pearls. always very femme- very very femme- and it would all go in a dumpster- and I have always replaced everything- and added some nice things as well.
    It would all be so simple if we could live our insides on the outside

I have purged off and on from my teen years throwing out moms old girdles n hose that had runners to makeup that had only been used once. I purged forty two old playboy magazines that I had hidden. I found them in a box on the side of the road. ( I used to stare at the beautiful girls in those magazines for hours). I quit purging in my late forties. That was when all my kids had been raised and I could keep things hid more easily and with my wife already knowing about my dressing and accepting, it was easy not to have to purge any more when I had too many things.

A white Jacklin smith (Charlie Angels) Skirt that i bought when K -Mart was still in Canada .it just fit so good and i loved the way it looked
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Well, I've only purged twice, once when I was about 19 and then when I was 25. Both times it was because I was moving and was afraid someone would see my stuff. I miss nothing from the first purge but the second time there was a cute skirt and one dress plus some boots that fit oh so perfect. The stuff probably wouldn't fit now anyway but i still miss it. I've gotten better at hiding my stuff and didn't purge last time we moved. I've pretty much come to terms with dressing and doubt I'll ever purge again.

Buying a lot on line, most of my purging has been to simply get rid of stuff that didn't quite work out the way I thought it would - or got worn out, or that I simply got tired of, as I have limited storage space.

There was however one pair of black leather shoes which were on special outside a store. They were the first I ever bought, and it was a rush as I was very self conscious about buying them at the time.

They were really elegant, even though they only had a 2" heel, and also very comfortable. Still don't really know why I included them with a purge - I'd love to have them back.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I purged alot of my latex clothing, skirts, catsuits, stockings etc....they were sooo expensive, and every time its cold out, i wish i still had them cause they were so warm.

Platinum Member
    I've been fortunate. My many micro purges involved a few pair of stockings and undies. By the time I dared accumulate any kind of wardrobe, I was thankfully past seriously considering a purge. Maybe there is a name for the permanently post purge period.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Every thing, I wish I hadn't purged at all

my pink tennis skirt and white top

The purge I had done for me lost a nice body hugging cocktail dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I had a pair of wooden high heels, don't remember the brand, don't remember all the finer details of the heels but I do remember they were, and might still be if I still had them, the absolute best fitting pair I ever had. They were cute, sexy, and I loved the click they made. Man I miss those heels lol Other than that, I don't have anything else that stood out like they haven't been replaced
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate , I've never purged but I have thinned things out to Goodwill .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've gone through about 6 total purges.
    Just about back to having enough to put together a couple outfits after the last one
    And there was a lot of crap I hung on to that I didn't need or even like.
    But the things I miss ? They are to many to list

I've never purged....my S.O. did it behind my back as she did not agree with my cding....I ended up buying everything back...she obviously doesn't know about it...it's in a locker.

Oh so sad. I got rid of an early human hair wig. And...the single photograph I had from a complete makeover wearing that wig. I was younger and prettier then.

I wish I still had my first heels (that I bought on my 16th birthday) - simple black suede stilettos with a 4" heel. Also, a pair of royal blue 5" heels from the same time, with a sexy little bow at the front and metal tips on the heels. I loved them so.

5 years ago I purged almost everything had before I got remarried. Had a walk-in closet full of things. the only things I kept were my wigs. Wish I had them all back. It was thousands of dollars of cloths that took years of shopping to get. From everyday cloths to party dresses and heels.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    Back in the early 1970's I purged one dress, the first I ever owned. It was during a bout of self loathing. I never purged anything else. I will say I should go through some of my lingerie and get rid of it because I've gone from a 38 to 42. But, those sexy lacy slips are no longer manufactured. They're still great to look at.