Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed opportunity?

Missed opportunity?

Here's the deal...
    I'm pretty firmly in the closet - not out to anyone in real life. Most especially, I'm reasonably sure that my wife doesn't know about "Judith" (I do try to be meticulous about not letting anything slip) and would NOT approve.

So, the night before last I finally get around to doing something about the talons that are masquerading as my toenails - sitting on the side of the bed clipping them - when my wife says, "you should try a pedicure. The girls in the salon say that they do have men in for pedicures". She then proceeds to tell me how wonderful and relaxing it is etc.

Be still heart! The thoughts racing through my head were along the lines of "you'd get a right surprise if I agreed and came home with pink toenails!" What came out of my mouth was more along the lines of a dismissive "yes dear"!

Can't help but feel that I missed an opportunity.

The opportunity is still there. Take her up on it and schedule yourself a pedi. You won't regret it.

I have not had to trim my toenails for 15 years.

Jodi

Go for it! What have you got to lose?

And FWIW, I think women know far more about us than we are prepared to admit, they keep quiet often because they don't want to broach the subject. Just my 2c

Have to agree with the other girl's replies. No missed opportunity. Just bring it back up and say you know dear been thinking about what you said. About getting a pedicure and thought I might be willing to do it if we make a date out of it and went together! OK Mayne you don't get the bright pink but maybe a clear coat?

Amanda
    Last edited by cdtraveler; 10-19-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Jilly,
    You may well be correct. I don't know whether the possibility that she knows more than she's letting on is terrifying or tantalising!

Amanda,
    I'm not sure that I have enough self-discipline to stick with the "clear coat" option! I suspect that I might give in to the siren call of the fuschia / cerise bottles!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Just tell her you thought about it and if it is really that neat then you will give it a try. Come home from the pedi with a nice shade of polish on your nails and show it off to her. After all it was her idea. She how she reacts. Who knows maybe you can be spending a lot more time with your nails painted. If that works go for the manicure!!
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Silver Member
    I've seen men in getting pedis quite a few times. Its not a big deal go get one!

Hi Judith
    I totally agree with what the other girls,have said and think the door to opportunity is wide open especially to,the option of going further with a manicure.
    Get a nice color put on and then suggest you go shopping for an outfit to match. Then pick her up off the floor.
    Good luck
    Amanda

Banned Read only
    Call the salon and make an appointment for both of you ASAP! Let's see what her reaction is to that one, Judith.

Hi Judith, See if you can go together! Then have a bit of fun with it and go for a bit of color out of curiosity, why not?!

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like you still have a real opportunity here. If my wife brought the idea up to me I would tell her that I thought about what she said about pedicures. and next time she plans on going to take me along for the experience. You should tell her that you want to experience whatever she gets for herself. If she mentions nail polish, just tell her that you will do whatever she recommends. Trust her judgement.

I pedicures one ever 6 weeks they are great. I would aask her
    Honey were u serious about guys getting pedicures. IF she says yes tell her you want one so you know what it like. IF she is ok with it say do I get tto have them painted also. IF she she say no to that say u were j0king is she says she ok with it go for the polish also

Silver Member
    You can still take her up on it. Just say you thought about it and you'll give it a try. Maybe the nail techs that know your wife will offer to pick a color for you. Then you have an excuse even for that. Don't let this slip away and when you mention it ask if she would go with you, either way go for it. Warning they are habit forming, color or no color!!

I'm kind of on the other side. I've gone (alone) for a pedi numerous times, and always get color. For the last 4 months I've had my toes painted continuously, first ocean blue, then fire engine red, and now orange. My feet are usually covered up with socks, and I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't know. But I do yoga with a class full of GGs 3 to 4 times a week in bare feet.

After about 3 months, one of the GGs finally asked me what was up. I told her that I like how it looks, and that a pedi is one of these special secrets women keep from men, because a spa pedi is such a wonderful experience.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Judith,

To what opportunity are you referring? Coming out or getting a pedicure? If the latter, then there is no meaning at all. Men get pedicures. I even saw a dude in the airport getting one. If the former, there is no opportunity lost. Your wife is not thinking that her husband is a cross dresser so she'll suggest a pedicure. She saw you cutting your toenails and THEREFORE she suggested a pedicure.

No lines to be read between.

Agree with Jennifer, if you go and get color just have some excuses unless
    you plan to tell her. I fell asleep in the chair, They put some on so I let it stay on,
    etc. if you plan to stay in the closet.
    Have fun either way, color or clear.
    Char

Gone to live my life
    Hi Judith,

I believe it is what it is . . . just a suggestion from your wife who saw you cutting your toenails. Men get pedicures all the time . . . I know many in my line of work who go a lot with their GFs and wives for a mani and a pedi (of course they won't admit it). Anyway, I would take her up on the offer as it is quite relaxing.

Hugs

Isha

Reality Check
    My wife and I get pedicures and manicures together. I go with my wife because I can't understand their broken English.

She gets color, I get clear polish. They always ask what color I want but I get clear.

Aspiring Member
    Go with the wife and when the times comes to apply nail polish let the wife pick it out.

Judith,

You know I'm in a not too dissimilar closeted situation vis-a-vis my wife... and while she tolerates me playing around at the weekend and painting fingernails (recently she even offered to do me a 'proper' manicure.. ) I have a suspicion she may see red - pardon the pun... - should she discover painted toes... or at least ask more questions...

Did you miss an opportunity to test the envelope? Yes - I think you probably did... I think most women would see it the way my wife does: a bit of relatively harmless artistic fun at weekends, from a husband who is getting increasingly weirder as he ages... If you had permission, I think carpe diem should be the by word(s) and then see what the reaction is... 10 minutes with acetone and you're back to all boy anyway... but if she approves....

Think how nice it could be to go around with pink or red toenails all the time... I quite like the feeling...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    My wife and I go out and get pedicures together. It is fine, an fun. I have them put on clear polish

Platinum Member
    Hi Judith, This could be the start of something wonderful, Just go for it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Definitely you miised that boat, but I think you can recover if you just say to her you've been thinking about it and "I suppose it'll be OK as long as the guys don't see me there." or something like that.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Aspiring Member
    Your wife is right. It is a nice experience. Have her book a double appointment for the two of you. You will be glad you did.
    By the way, do NOT use this as an opportunity to come out. That will ruin a nice, relaxing experience, believe me!

Lots of great advice here. In short, I vote that you should go for the pedi; you'll be hooked!