Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got laughed at

Got laughed at

I mean really in your face laughed at. This has never happened to me like this before.

My SO and I had to go to Kroger for a few things. I dropped her at the door since it was raining and I parked and walked toward the door. A few steps before I got to the door a 30 something lady crossed my path. She looked right at me and laughed out loud. I stopped and gave her my best what's so funny look and that sent her into a real belly laugh.

Oh I've been read before, many times that i know of and most likely infinitely more that i don't. There have been a few that rattled me but not in a long while. This one was different somehow. I'm not really upset it's just that I can't stop thinking about it. More than anything it brought back memories of being the fat kid in the classroom and being teased for it. Oh well life goes on.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's awful! Next time you should start picking her outfit apart or her make up or whatever you can. Imo when you tear down someone trying to tear you down they stop.

Aspiring Member
    Sorry that you got laughed at, but I just want to tell you that I am proud of you for cross-dressing in public.

So, someone laughed in your face. No big deal. You just made her day. Now her boring day has life, color and fun. If she was smarter she might have used the opportunity to ask you a question and learn something.

Next time someone laughs in your face be ready with a quick response. You might say, "I'm glad I brought a smile to your day."

I would have laughed with her that most likely would have shut her up. Try to not let it bother you, what she thinks has no impact on your life the only people that matter is those close to you.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 10-16-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: i think your keyboard has keys missing :p
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Gone to live my life
    Hi Michelle,

So sorry to hear this. Unfortunately for every three great people we run into there is some DB waiting in the wings whose life is so miserable that they will latch on to anything to make themselves feel good about their pathetic existence. I am glad that you can see it for what it is but it still doesn't make the hurt go away.

Hugs

Isha

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Well that sucked! But you lived. Good for you. Some people just suck and have no manners.

If we haven't put on our best effort and are not quite passable this can happen as so many are mean and selfish. So sorry you went through it as I'm sure you were feeling just wonderful and fem and it's just a shopping trip. Oh well, there are worse things and just stay sweet.

Look at it as that's life and then compare your life span to a piece of string. Tie a knot at about where you think you are on that string and say that's the day the lady laughed at you. Now look and see how much string you have left. You still have a long time left to worry about that silly lady and that little bitty knot. Next time just smile and walk on by. Don't wish her ill and don't make her day by letting it disturb you. Life's not worth getting your feelings hurt there's too much string left.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I was just having a conversation with my grand daughter about this yesterday and what it amounts to is manners. Peoplle don't seem to have manners anymores. I was raised to be polite, this was polite behavior. The fault Michelle, was not yours, it was this other woman's. You stand head and shoulders above her in class and style.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Hi Michelle:

So sorry this happened to you!! Some people have no class at all! Don't worry about her. You didn't stoop to her level and attack back, kept your dignity. She was being rude, and someday, someone will call tell her exactly that, and that will probably be the end of it.

Don't give her any power over your feelings by dwelling on it...

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Aspiring Member
    Some people are simply jerks. Sorry she rattled you. If it makes you feel better, I would be prepared to say something like,

"I'm glad you like my outfit. It's too bad you can't wear it as well as I do." OR

"Do you get off laughing at people?"

"That's funny. I thought you were a man in a dress"

"Do you have a teenage son? Maybe he's raiding your lingere when you're not home?"

I could go on editing as I think of remarks! LOL!

Get creative with prepared remarks as I would if it happened again. This woman is just being a disrespectful A-hole. You can have the last laugh when karma catches up to her.

Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 10-15-2014 at 04:13 PM.

So today "I got right back up on the horse" SO and I went to Catherine's and did some retail therapy. Nothing happened. Treated with respect and as a lady.
    And so it goes
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Don't let the exception change the rule! It sounds like you are out in public a fair amount and this was your first AH to laugh at you. She has a lot more problems than you will ever have if that is how she conducts herself!! We should feel pity not anger but that is tougher to do. Focus on how today went, that is more the norm in my experience.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    One simple response.
    Say "Hello my name is Kharma glad I made you day"
    Erica

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    Some people just suck and have no manners.
    Bingo! Doesn't matter who you are or what you think is funny - keep your comments to yourself and behave. Good for you taking the high road.

Like most have said, there are tons of impolite people with nothing better to do than give other people sh*t while their own lives suck to no end. I am glad it didn't phase you to the point where you didn't go back out. It shook your horse but you kept on riding If it had been me (seeing I hardly go out) it would have scared me out of my wits and I most certainly wouldn't be back out any time soon.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    So sorry for you that happened but it's definitely my fear if I ever make it out in the real world again. One of the things that keeps me in

Hi LeighR:
    Im sorry to hear something like that. Remember do what makes you happy. I learned to avoid places, people and situation where, I would compromise what makes me happy in being out as what, I like being. I usually just blend in and at the worst, I may appear as this woman that walks funny in heels. I'm middle age and, I have that going for me because we usually don't get a second look. Get back out there and find your comfort zone

I'm sorry that happened. I sucks when someone disregards us (as people in any form not just crossdressers) and then don't even care enough to try and control it. Hope you feel better.

The Mad Scientist
    I have found that often the ones that spit the most awful comments in life are the ones that have a crappy life themselves.
    We should all hope that that DB's life might improve and she can grow into a more positive, kind, and loving person.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Here's the deal: some people have the intelligence and manners of a slug. They are insecure and need to make fun if others. Anyone they consider to be different from what they perceive as the norm has the potential to make them feel somehow marginalized. So, they need to put you in your "place" by belittling you any way they can, and laughing at you is the prime candidate.

I pity their condition, but they are a real pain in any civilized society.

just my two cents.

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle, You just can't fix Stupid.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    There's no law against people being clueless. Adversity of some type is inevitable if one goes out enough times dressed. Good for you for getting right back on the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    Some people are simply jerks. Sorry she rattled you. If it makes you feel better, I would be prepared to say something like,

Get creative with prepared remarks as I would if it happened again. This woman is just being a disrespectful A-hole. You can have the last laugh when karma catches up to her.
    How about

What's so funny? That I look better a a girl than you do?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    Look at it as that's life and then compare your life span to a piece of string. Tie a knot at about where you think you are on that string and say that's the day the lady laughed at you. Now look and see how much string you have left. You still have a long time left to worry about that silly lady and that little bitty knot. Next time just smile and walk on by. Don't wish her ill and don't make her day by letting it disturb you. Life's not worth getting your feelings hurt there's too much string left.
    I'm not sure I like that analogy! Quite a few of us have only a short piece of string left..... Now the rest of your advice I like.....