Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got laughed at

Incidents like that really hurt my heart. I don't know that there's any one "right" way to respond to that kind of incident, or any specific way that we're "supposed" to feel, but I do hope that you've bounced back and won't let that kind of negativity keep you down.

My guy side reacts to this like i would to a guy insulting me...jack him up!! but as a lady it would be hard... so sorry! i feel no acceptance in the world

Too bad because she missed her chance to meet a very wonderful person!
    I'm proud of you for going out and being yourself!
    "Missed it by that much!"

Banned Read only
    She isn't worth worrying about. I know it hurts when someone treats you badly, but her mean spirit will be a burden to her one day. Move forward and let it go. You will probably never see her again.

I'm so sorry to hear about that experience. I have to say that I admire you for being so strong through the experience. I don't know if I would have been able to handle it and probably ran out and cried. Glad that your next trip was much better.

Well, it was better than getting yelled at :-) I know it hurt and I feel for you. I think some people don't see us as real humans with feelings.

Michelle I am having an enlightened trip Ihave had manysmirks and a lot of like your boots, some have said I have dressed stylishly and most of all I have attracted more attention and spoke to more chicks than ever before.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's quite rude really.
    I'm not sure if it's worse than a straight up insult.
    Samantha -x-

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When that happens I feel sorry for the person mainly.
    I do send a message back whether is a 1000 yard stare or jab at their outfit.
    My favorite jab is "seriously that outfit?"
    You continue being you and don't worry about those kinds of people.

i read this yesterday and felt so bad i didnt know what to say, not being in a situation to go out i dont think i would have handled it as well,
    but what i really found inspirational is you saddled up and rode out the next day, good for you.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Michelle, Im SOO sorry that happened to You. That lady( use the term losely) was an IDIOT. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    Hello Michelle ,Firstly I must say that I really admire your courage for posting about your less than pleasant experience , and also how you retained dignity by not losing your cool so well done you .Please don't think that I am being pedantic but there was only one lady present and that was you .Katie x.

If I had a dollar for everytime I got read I'd be rich. My best was standing in line at CVS to get some prescriptions. The woman behind me said, "as a man you should be ashamed of going out dressed like a woman" I simply stared her in the eyes and said " Don't be rude because I look better than you." Everyone in the line broke in laughter and she shut up after that. By the way, I did look way better than her.

Rachel that just made my day. I'll let you know if I use it
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Michelle, everyone else had given you great advice. The woman does not deserve your care or concern. Bit it still sucks. Hugs, baby. It was her problem not yours. Big hugs.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I think i might take the advice of the post that said, just laugh right back with her. That would catch her!

I'm so sorry for the experience. More than not, we may have more positive experiences than bad ones and I am sure we will all run into an idiot or two one time or another. I am glad you got back out there.

Reality Check
    Society seems to be becoming more and more rude and thoughtless. I don't know if it's TV. the Internet or what. It's over now so the best thing to do is move on and forget it.

I'm sorry that happened, hon. I've had something similar happen 10 years ago. It was at a grocery store as well...really hurt.

Once, while waiting to cross the street at a stop light, some elderly woman told me "You know, earrings are for women! You shouldn't wear any." I had my hoop earrings that I almost always wear in male mode.

I turned to look at her and noticed she wasn't wearing any earrings. So I replied, "You know, you should be more lady-like and wear earrings. And spend some time on your hair, you look like a man that needs a haircut."

All I got back was a blank stare.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie_cheryl View Post
    ...Next time you should start picking her outfit apart or her make up or whatever you can. Imo when you tear down someone trying to tear you down they stop.
    That's how wars start.

Lots of people get laughed at. Tall skinny people, short fat people, short men, bald men, big busted women, flat chested women, and on and on.

Does it hurt? Yes. Is it worth letting the the person who laughed at you live rent free in your mind? No.

A person like that isn't worth the effort. You're not going to change them and arguing with them only reinforces their own sense of self-worth. Concentrate on good times and good people.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Once, while waiting to cross the street at a stop light, some elderly woman told me "You know, earrings are for women! You shouldn't wear any." I had my hoop earrings that I almost always wear in male mode.

I turned to look at her and noticed she wasn't wearing any earrings. So I replied, "You know, you should be more lady-like and wear earrings. And spend some time on your hair, you look like a man that needs a haircut."

All I got back was a blank stare.
    LOL I love it

I was in drab buying some needles and thread at a fabric store ,when and an older woman came up to me and said " what would a man know about sewing" I just looked at her and said " I guess you have never heard of a Tailor" she just stared as I walked away .

The ability to laugh at one's self is better than feeling hurt because of taking one's self too seriously. We'll never know, but it's possible that she was in a frame of mind where she would laugh at almost anything at that time.

Anyway, it must be rough dressing in all public places. I would expect a few unwelcome reactions if I dressed full time in public.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi Michelle.I've found that people who would do that to a complete stranger are usually the kind of person who has to be constantly teasing and belittling someone.If it had'nt been you it would have just been someone else.You just happened to be there.I'm no expert but I've known alot of bullies and have found that it's usually because they have no life and have never accomplished anything more than razzing other people.Brush her off like you would any other bug and just be yourself.I envy you.It's jerks like that that keep me in the closet.XO Barbara

Gold Member
    The biggest problem here is that the woman was how old? At least 30? When is she gonna grow up?

Sometimes when people are rude it is more annoying than other times.

Thing is, that idiot who laughed like that is probably part of the reason that crap like Duck dynasty chia pets exist. In other words, some low class trash. She is the type of person that civilized folks avoid. Honestly, would you want anything to do with her trashy ass either way?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.