Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girlie Cocktails

Girlie Cocktails

I am sitting here reading all the different posts in a summer dress and strapy sandals. All the while sipping on a glass of 12 year old Kentucky bourbon. I can watch chick flicks, read girl magazines, talk about recipes and cooking, yet I can't drink girlie drinks. I still wrench on motorcycles and cars, smoke quality cigars and drink good whiskey. I guess I am destined to just enjoy both the male and female sides of a confused life. I don't think I can ever completely go to one side or the other. People may think I am messed up, but I am beginning to believe I am well balanced.

Vicky

Thank you for allowing me into this fine community, you girls are awesome.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Vicky, I also cannot, and don't want, to settle on only one gender. I really love both sides of what I am! As it happens, I love good Kentucky bourbon, but also a good white wine. Also nothing wrong with a bourbon manhattan .

If you're messed up, so are a lot of us, and I think we have the best of both worlds!

Tina

I love wine,both white and red but prefer my white wine with lots of ice.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Love a fine cigar with a good bourbon or rye whiskey, neat. I only smoke as a guy, which is 99% of the time.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are fine just the way you are Vicky balance is the key to living harmoniously.
    I hope you are drinking Evan Williams bourbon.
    Being a Kentuckian I know my bourbon in fact I hauled bourbon in my truck for quite a few years.
    Hauled out of all the big and small distilleries here in Ky.
    I don't drink anymore but when I have a swig its Lee county moonshine.

There are a few "male" things I learned to enjoy and hate to give up. I enjoy a good Porter or Stout and greatly dislike light beer. I like roast beef, chops, and steaks. Depending upon the situation I will occasionally eat or drink something "unfeminine" en femme, rationalizing that if GGs can have quirks so can I. Normally, though, it's the standard chcken, salads, and white wine with the girls.

Whiskey and cigars? I have been known to enjoy a good bourbon, but I wouldn't spoil my palate with tobacco in either mode.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Balance is everything .

One of the best examples: a maduro cigar with jack daniels neat (unquestionably masculine) and dark chocolate (every girl's fantasy).

I used to like a gin squash with lemonade, (sweet taste) not into dry or bitter.

I can sit there with a coke whilst everyone drinks their alcohol.

I don't like the taste of most alcohol but I certainly do not believe in dry weddings either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    Try a Mint Tulip. That is a favorite at the Kentucky Derby. It is 90% Bourbon Whiskey
    with a bit of mint. It can be a ladies drink, however one will put you down real fast.
    Rader

Best of both worlds, nothing wrong or messed about that. Cheers.

The real goal should be to seek learning who we are not what we are. Then we can move forward, mode of expression notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Isn't that the point of crossdressing; being able to enjoy what you want regardless of "belonging to a certain gender?" I mean i love a Cosmopolitan while watching The Devil Wears Prada (don't judge but it's one of my favorite movies) but I would also never want to give up a nice glass of irish whiskey, thick cut of steak, and my war movies.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ha ha GREAT subject matter LOL.....I LOVE a good quality beer...but will only have one on a special occasion to keep my calorie count and tummy in check.

my go to drink is vodka/seltzer/lemon for its very low calorie count . Is that a girly drink? I dunno.
    If I am out in party mode, I may slip in an unhealthy red bull / vodka to keep me going till the lights come on, and then to the after party.

I would love to share a burbon and cigar with some of the gals here though...that photo op would be priceless.

I'm not a bourbon drinker but I do enjoy a good amber ale or hearty stout and I'm really comfortable around machinery with rotating blades, pulleys, gears, flywheels, and anything else that can cause bodily harm if placed in the wrong hands. But when I put on the girl, I leave all that behind and totally enjoy my feminine side.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Just for the record, according to Vegasmagazine.com, "Jack Daniel’s brand manager Jennifer Powell noted last year that 21 percent of the whiskey’s consumer base is female. Read more at http://vegasmagazine.com/dining/arti...jjmZVkRkKpF.99.

So it's O.K. for women to drink bourbon! And the brand manager, Jennifer Powell, would definitely know!

I love a good bourbon and I love a good Cosmo! Oh yeah, and I don't mind a little really good Kentucky or Tennessee 'shine too!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 10-19-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Rader its a Mint Julip.

If its made in Tenn its whiskey if its made in Kentucky its bourbon.
    Jack Daniels is just too hot and it burns the tongue. Good bourbon is smooth and mellow and it warms your insides.
    Evan Williams single barrel is unblended and straight out of the barrel to the bottle.
    I have a bottle of Evan Williams that was filled in 1990 out of barrel # 76 so its 24 years old and so smooth.
    If you enjoy good bourbon give EW a try I'm pretty sure will like it.
    Thats coming from a Ky girl that has tried just about every Ky distillers products.
    If you like small batch craft bourbons I can suggest Booker, Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve all are excellent.
    Your standard well known brands are OK but not the cream of the crop.
    Makers Mark is OK at best and I cook with it or make BBQ sauce or bourbon balls with it.
    Wild Turkey is not all that impressive and too hot with a lot of bite again a characteristic of a blended bourbon.
    If you come to Ky take some distillery tours they are loads of fun and very educational, free samples too!
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-20-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Well, what about mojito cocktails? They're really light and refreshing and... quite gender-less, no?

Gold Member
    Sorry about the mistake on the Mint Julip; see I am a Scotch drinker my self,
    And I have a bottle of 16 year old single malt that I savor on special occasions only.
    Rader

i can certainly relate!
    one day i might play with my hair and nails while sipping on a glass of wine or vodka n cran, then go shopping, stopping for a salad on the way home,
    then the next day if i'm not frameing an addition, hanging sheetrock, or pouring concrete, i might grab my bow or shotgun and go hunting stopping
    at KFC... and i'm deadly with a pair of dice in my hands... and if you really piss me off my brooklyneese will come out, fahgettaboutit!
    paula

Banned Read only
    I have some nice Scottish malts in my sideboard, but I'm not a smoker so wouldn't ruin the tast of them !

I've taken several cruises and always try the cocktail of the day ! When you join a group and the steward brings the drinks you know the weidest looking one is your cocktail !
    I never use to drink gin until we did a cocktail tasting afternoon and got hooked on Singapore Slings ! A nice Irish farmer in our group got hooked on Rusty Nails ! We were the first at the bar during happy hour ! After a couple of drinks I understand the Irish accent perfectly !!

Love a gin and tonic with a slice of lemon and cardamom seeds. Is that girlie?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

So I agree I wouldn't be seen dead drinking a Babycham.... (that should be 'sham' right...?)

I don't believe there are gender specific drinks - we're just retreading all that conditioning again... but I suppose low calorie drinks should be high on the list as approved for those of us that want to maintain our figures...

So margaritas and martinis fit that bill for me - regardless of gender mode - and a variety of single malts wouldn't go amiss either.

And Tracii - The Mint Tulip Rader's talking of is the Dutch variant made with advocaat instead of bourbon... only generally heard of amongst the Pennsylvania Dutch... quite an unusual colour...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Doesn't sound at all mixed up Vicky, it sounds like you are happy being you!! This is a good thing

If I go out I have to force myself to appear to be enjoying vodka and diet coke when what I'd actually like is a pint!!

I don't smoke but do drink a glass of wine nearly every day. I think I'm kind of the way you are I also enjoy many male things such as my hunting, fishing tournaments, and being a male. I also have a fondness for the feminine side of garters and hose with the tall heels, makeup and overly girly clothes, so if you are messed up I reckon a lot of us on here are also.

Ah.... The joys of having the best of both worlds. A fine glass of wine while wearing awesome dress, and a fine real Cuban cigar!