Thread: new step forward?

new step forward?

yesterday, my so and i had a rare day off, we were both off work, and neither of us had any commitments.

to make a long story short, i dressed completely for her, for the first time ever. after fifteen years of talking about it, me partially dressing, under dressing etc, i decided to fully present to her. i am somewhat insecure about my looks in drab, and that insecurity is magnified immensely when dressed.

so i took some time while she went out for a walk, and did my best. she was somewhat stunned and pleasantly surprised with how it all turned out. she even acted a bit jealous about my wig and my skirt, and gave me a few tips on makeup, and painted my toenails!

we had a lovely day, and my head is still spinning a bit, thinking that we may be entering a new phase.

i just needed to share

This is great, a great step forward, just go slow with this, don't want to overwhelm her, don't want this to back fire on you and end up two steps back.
    Last edited by Annaliese; 10-21-2014 at 10:36 AM.

I would say that yes, yes you are entering a new phase. What is it? I am happy for you that you can talk about this with your SO, and she accepts you doing this, (I assume, for the purposes of this discussion) but that doesn't necessarily mean that she will like where it ends up.

Example, your SO will be happy with a male partner, who can be a girlfriend when appropriate, that's the best(?) outcome. Another will be that she loses sight of her 'man" and wonders where this girlfriend (who makes her jealous with her looks) came from, and "what the hell am I doing still hanging around with her?"

Sorry, I really am happy for you, and it does look good, but this is just a reminder to keep up with the communication.

Congratulations and good luck!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Banned Read only
    Dela I'm so pleased it went OK for you ! and you enjoyed the day .

I posted a thread in Loved Ones a while ago titlied," Wife wants to see the girl " ! I questioned how to approach it and how your partner preffered you to do the reveal ?

I wonder what your partner said what she would be happy with and if she wasn't happy what point did she think she would want you to stop ?

My wife has briefly seen the picture I use for my avatar and caught me dressed but no wig and only lipstick !

What a great time you had with your wife.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Excellent post...I'm happy for you, and as I've said before, I wonder how many more SOs would be receptive given the right consideration and information...

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Dela sounds like a lovely day for you and your wife. I fully understand the insecurities too

Thanks everyone for your kind replies

I will definitely be taking a slow and cautious approach to this, making sure she is comfortable. Yesterday was a break through though.

Teresa, to answer your question, at this point she has expressed no displeasure with any aspect, she even suggested that we go shopping together.

Good luck to both of you! And it's good to share.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

All Ahead SLOW.....let her get her arms around this, and you get your arms around her! Best of luck!

That is a good big step for both of you. You went out of your comfort zone, and she gained some insight into you. Keeping the communication going, as it sounds like you have, is very good. Best wishes!

Platinum Member
    Yeah, I'd consider that a rather dramatic step forward.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That is a very significant step after that long of time getting there. I so happy for you that it worked out well, now keep the course and you both will be better for it. Kind-of make you wonder what all you may have missed in those years, don't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Dela,
    It is a big step when there is a little change in attitude.
    I wish you well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks again for everyone's support, I can't begin to express how much it means to me.

My toenails are still painted bright red, and I giggle a little to myself, each time I see them. She offered to put a second coat of polish on them this morning.