Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Could you handle

I would (oh boy would I) if I could but I can't so I won't!!!!!! If this question came up 50 years ago I would be the girl of my dreams and fulfill my sincerest wish.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I am sure I could be female 24/7. I have always felt as well as dreamed of being female full time. Of course that will never happen.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    Ah I shouldn't have drunk posted after a long night out, what I ment what was do you think you could handle transistioning and life after words.
    Well.. if you put that way.. then no. Simply because I don't want to transition.

I would, however, like to get my life situation to a point where my dressing and related activities are more 50/50.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    definately NOT then....no intrest in that at all....considered laser on some of the thicker areas of my beard, but thats as far as I would ever go.

Yes. "I" could. ...my family and friends, otoh couldn't. If I had any chance of passing as a gg and living a "normal" life; it would be way more likely, regardless of the aforementioned, but it's not in my cards atm. ...if I were to transition; I'd want to be "Jessica from 3 doors down. " , not "that tranny 3 doors down who calls himself Jessica. "

Could you handle living as the oppisite gender full time?
    If you HAD meant "could you handle cross dressing full time?" then the answer in "no" - even if it was possible to do so without negative consequences. Most of the time I like being a guy. I just happen to like being a girl occasionally.

Ah I shouldn't have drunk posted after a long night out, what I ment what was do you think you could handle transistioning and life after words.
    Transitioning has never been on my agenda (see above) so I'm not qualified to comment.

Silver Member
    I'm on board with the other Sarah and those who mimicked her response. I'm a crossdresser not a ftm transexual. The postings here are aimed at Male to female crossdressers so it is a bit surprising how many here would switch genders full-time. I understand that the wording is a bit vague (is the question, full-time as a crossdresser similar to a pre-op TS or transitioned to TS or as a fantasy GG?).

Wouldn't want to nor have the desire to try.
    Joni

I would love to have the opportunity to be able to live full time as a women. The longest that I have presented as a woman was for nine consecutive days, and it was in June of this year. When not working and out in public now I mostly do present as a woman. Over the past 3.5 years the desire to present as a female continues to grow stronger and stronger.

Humans can handle a lot if absolutely necessary but I don't want to do that so it would just be speculation if I could handle it or not.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

If I was born or took a pill and was 100% a female, no problem.

Otherwise, that is what I am seeing my therapist for ... will I and should I?

Prene

I just spent 12 days 24/7 as Erickka, and to tell you the truth, it is a pain in the a$$! All of the appearance maintenance, makeup, etc., etc. I am happy being able to ride the middle of the road....it just works better that way for me.

Spent almost 5 full years on the "other side" from Oct 80 through mid 85. It was fun for about 6 months, then it became everyday, normal life. Having obvious breasts (they grew to almost a C on a 32" frame)as some have stated to 'look' the part made it considerably easier.

BUT...

Along with the fun came experencing the glass ceiling at work, being talked down to like I knew nothing, and other similar "life facts" for a woman in the early 80's. I was expected to be pretty and keep my mouth shut. Even though my job supported me through the transition (something unheard of back then) things like the dress code for women in the management areas was dress only while the guys had suits, slacks, and "dress down Friday's. Was it discriminating? yeah, but it was balanced by being placed on the high pedistal of womanhood with doors opened, seats pulled out and so on. It was an interesting experence.

Miss it....

Reality Check
    OK, since we're now talking about transitioning, the answer is "no". Just adding parts here and removing them there wouldn't make me a "real" woman. The hands are too big, the feet are too big, the face isn't right, the body proportinos are not right.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Could I handle being a male presenting as a woman 24/7? Sure I could, I've done some things that I never would have thought possible. I worked with people who believed many things I didn't share for 30 years, I rappelled down into a pool of cold water in a slot canyon where people had died a year before and I stayed supportive as I sat with my wife as she slowly died from cancer. Would I like it? Occasionally I would, but at times it would be more trouble than I'm prepared for now. I don't want that kind of challenge at this stage in my life.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

This is a whole new kettle of horses of a different color. You see you are asking if one is transsexual if they can handle living as a woman. The answer to that is usually "yes" if the are TS. We don't really have1 a choice. All the roadblocks and all the speed bumps and the "glass ceilings" are part of what you sign in for. My opinion? If you can't stand the heat, you are probably not a TS (although you may play at being one). Handling being 24/7 is what you do to get where you are going. CDs don't need to fear that. If the going gets rough, you just go back to the 1.1 version. But to me, personally transitioning is a commitment. Since I made that commitment I will fight to break the "Glass ceiling" I will fight to be equal. This makes my cause even stronger because I know how different things are between men and women (*which should not be)

I think the OP was more intriguing. Sort of a Dick Gregory idea. See just how the other half lives. Fun and excitement for breaking gender rules, for living on the edge. Mostly because of the mental fears you have, not the real life fears. Like driving a race car or jumping out of a plane. But then you can go home and grill hamburgers. So I get te "If for X amount of time would you dress as a woman knowing you can jump back" is more interesting to me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beth View Post
    I would have to say no. There is just so much more to my world than my time as the opposite sex. If things were different if my life had gone a different direction than it did and my circumstances today were different I might have tried doing that. There is just to much man in me to be Sarah full time.
    I agree whole hardheartedly.
    I cherish my time as my alter ego Lee and think it would just be the same old same old except in a skirt. Lee Is a relatively stress free place to escape from my everyday life. Doing it full time would lose that for me.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith96a View Post
    If you HAD meant "could you handle cross dressing full time?" then the answer in "no" - even if it was possible to do so without negative consequences. Most of the time I like being a guy. I just happen to like being a girl occasionally.

Transitioning has never been on my agenda (see above) so I'm not qualified to comment.

This is a constantly returning fantasy for me. I adore being transformed into a femme-like state. But Abandoning all of the male trappings and being freely able to wear female trappings. If I could remove my beard and chest hair, then I don't think I'd have a problem presenting female all the time. I'd love to be free to try many hairstyles and colors, get all the spa treatments, all the scents.....
    But this would only happen if I won a lottery.
    My wonder is whether this would get boring....

I was going to make a post on the OP then I see the revised version. If I were going to transition even with the 1-year life experience, I don't think I could handle it. Even though I think certain things will be easier after the transition, it would just be different. I don't have plans to fully transition to female, I just want to appear more feminine. However, if I was able to do it when I was way younger... I would be able to handle it because my body would look more female then it does now(I know this isn't what was asked but its the way I feel)

Banned Read only
    As a heterosexual cross dresser I'd say the answer is "no." I enjoy being a male. I enjoy wearing women's clothing. Society has progress sufficiently that most occupations are open to both genders. Most activities are open to both genders. What I enjoy in life really has nothing to do with how I am attired. For what it is worth playing the role of a woman in my little world still offers stress relief. For me it is more than the clothes. If society would overnight accept men wearing women's clothing, where would I escape to????

It's hard to say for sure, but I think I'd love to experience life as a biological woman.
    +Fun fact; ever since I was a young child I've had this peculiar image in my head that after we die, we get reborn as the opposite sex. Like, I'm male in this life and after I die, I'll be born as a woman. And after that as a man again.
    Not sure where this came from? Go figure.
    But yes, as a male cross-dresser I'd like to think that I could handle living as a woman full-time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in the eyes of your enemies."
    "If the comedy's rye, that's ok. Put some butter on it and smile; it's groovy"

No I don't think I could handle transitioning. I'm a pretty decent looking guy but at best an ugly women. Hormones and implants wouldn't do much to help that. If I could magically start over as a 16 year old girl, that I could handle and would probably go for.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    This is a whole new kettle of horses of a different color. You see you are asking if one is transsexual if they can handle living as a woman. The answer to that is usually "yes" if the are TS. We don't really have1 a choice. All the roadblocks and all the speed bumps and the "glass ceilings" are part of what you sign in for. My opinion? If you can't stand the heat, you are probably not a TS (although you may play at being one). Handling being 24/7 is what you do to get where you are going. CDs don't need to fear that. If the going gets rough, you just go back to the 1.1 version. But to me, personally transitioning is a commitment. Since I made that commitment I will fight to break the "Glass ceiling" I will fight to be equal. This makes my cause even stronger because I know how different things are between men and women (*which should not be.
    Very true Lorileah.

I was just thinking about everything I've been through the ups and downs over the last year, and how far I've come and have yet to go. I Just like to add some realism around here, and make people think out side the box in how most of a CD's problems are minor when compared to a TS's.

Well said- I echo Isha's sentiment whole heartedly
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

You mean go back to living as a man - no, that would be a fate worse than death.
    Been there, done that, got the T-shirt - hated it.
    Never again.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success