Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I went out! For five minutes

Reality Check
    It's great you got out and it's great it was OK with your wife.

My wife's concern (and mine really) is being seen by neighbors. There's really no time of day when there's not a chance of someone being up and going to work, coming home, walking the dog, etc. How do you deal with that?

My solution so far has been to go out underdressed and change in the car. I agree with a post above about going out in the daytime. I go to the tourist part of the city and walk around as if I was a tourist. I think that separated from my house and car, my presentation is good enough that I wouldn't be recognized even if a friend or neighbor happend to walk by. I would like to do this with my wife but then there's the chance that someone would recognize her and me by association.

Hi Kris, I am a new member on here and this is my first post.
    Going out...nothing like it once you have plucked up the courage to go. I do not get the opportunity to go out that often (except when the Wife is away). I suppose that I have been out about 15-20 times in the last 2 or so years and only at night. The area that I live in in the UK (Birmingham) is an area where care should be taken. Not having a car is a bit of a drawback but going walking is not too bad.
    I find that getting all dressed up and and getting ready to go out to me anyway seems the most natural thing to do.
    Here in the UK we get plenty of letters through the post from many businesse`s with a pre paid envelope for a reply. I have realised that if you put a plain piece of paper in the envelope and seal it, then I have a goal to accomplish on my journey out. Deciding where the post boxes are and how far determines how far I can walk. So one night about 3 weeks ago it was cold and raining quite hard (I love it when it is raining), so with my handbag slung over my shoulder and umbrella up off I went. I had 3 letters to post (one in each box). I must have walked about 2 miles but it was wonderful being out again. I left home at 11pm and returned around midnight. Not many people or cars around that late at night.
    So, if any of you Girls want to go out and have not yet left the security of your home, give it a go...you will wonder why you hadn`t done it years ago.
    I am 73 y/o and have a Wife that does not like me dressing. Ho hum.

Congrats Kris! That's definitely more gutsy than I could pull off right now. So far my outside en femme experience was on my way home from work a couple of days ago, around midnight to be fully honest, I stopped at the local park and changed into some slacks, a sweater and a bead necklace and walked the rest of the way home. It was only about half a kilometer so I don't think that qualifies as an outing, but hopefully means taking steps towards a real outing. I'm glad your wife was cool about it and encouraged you to get out there. I hope my SO will be as supportive once I muster the courage to get out there too

The steps are the hardest to take. The fear we have is in us almost no body cares who we are when out. The more you go out the better it will be.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I felt the same the first time I went out as Michelle, It just felt normal. I suppose it's because it's still me, I might look different, but underneath the clothes and makeup it's still me. The hardest part for me was having to tell myself that the world now sees you as a woman, act like one!

I think your wife is amazing to be so understanding I wish I had the guts to interact with anybody with a male or female voice, just not ready for that yet.

Banned Read only
    I was out during the DAY for the second time in my life just before Halloween. Went to a local park wearing a high end ski jacket, purse, blonde 'monroe' wig, guess retro sunglasses and 3 inch heeled boots and there was a city park worker in a truck freaking stalking me! He never got close so I think he thought I was a hooker for God's sake! I had in the back of my mind if he approaches me ill pull the 'trying out the Halloween costume' line but made me think...we girls need to dress for the venue! Another thought is there's strength in numbers too, it would be be great to have a girl or two along with the first outings at least to deflect attention! Thoughts?

Hi binair10. Wow, somebody from Birmingham UK, not Birmingham Alabama. I am also from Birmingham and sympathise. My wife also dislikes me dressing but its my little walks out that keep me sane.

I have ventured out many times at night, but never went into a business and interacted with anybody...
    You're doing great!

congrads,,, next time go shopping at dress barn,,, you will be shining for years with that experience
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

My first time I wheeled the trash out to the curb at midnight.

Three years later I've done a lot of things all over SoCal. Plays, movies, concerts, dinners, pool parties, county fairs, jewelry and mineral shows, car shows, etc.

Honestly, getting out the door is the hardest part. You've done it and the world is yours!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Congrats! It takes a lot to go out on your own but like you said, I regret it more that I don't go rather than actually doing it.

I like what Eryn wrote, "Honestly, getting out the door is the hardest part. You've done it and the world is yours!"

When I first started this, just this recent August, I only thought of daring to try on a few items of clothing--like an innocuous nightgown. Now, I am thinking wig--where, how; and make-up--how.

Then I think about going out when I am ready in the sartorial sense, and find myself nearly catatonic at the idea of just getting to the car without being scene. I think--again, I think after that I would be OK. And then I think of returning home and rushing incognito somehow back through my backdoor.

Congratulations on your daring, and to your wife for the "push."

Vanessa

way to go!!!! 5 min to start then you'll have hrs before you even lknow it!!!!

Banned Read only
    MOVIES, COFFEE SHOPS, WOMENS CLOTHING STORES A MALL WITH A FEMALE FRIEND....JUST GOING TO THE BANK....,LOL its no big deal, cause people are just out n about doing the same THINGS such as us

Kris, that's one small step for a girl, one giant step for Kris-kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    My wife's concern (and mine really) is being seen by neighbors. There's really no time of day when there's not a chance of someone being up and going to work, coming home, walking the dog, etc. How do you deal with that?

My solution so far has been to go out underdressed and change in the car. I agree with a post above about going out in the daytime. I go to the tourist part of the city and walk around as if I was a tourist. I think that separated from my house and car, my presentation is good enough that I wouldn't be recognized even if a friend or neighbor happend to walk by. I would like to do this with my wife but then there's the chance that someone would recognize her and me by association.
    Krisi, I've told some of my neighbors, and I'm sure that some of those I haven't have seen me. I still tend to go out during the day when many are in work or kids are in school. But I've never had a negative reaction (at least to my face) and am worrying less about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club