Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wishes they could or could've been a bride??

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar

Who wishes they could or could've been a bride??

I've done a lot of things as a CD over the years, been to 3 formal balls in beautiful ball gowns, danced with men and women, I've been in fashion parades wearing beautiful dresses, been out in public in my pretty dresses, had endless shopping sprees in dress shops....
    but one thing I wish I did was wear a wedding dress at my wedding. I always dreamed of having a 2 bride wedding. I never talked about it with my wife, cause I thought it would take away her spotlight, plus it would more than upset her catholic parents (lol), but it was always something I wanted to do.
    I bought a wedding dress a few years ago, and tried on 3 in a wedding boutique. I just never got the chance to walk down the aisle.
    a 2 bride wedding is still a fantasy I think about. imagining 2 brides in gorgous wedding gowns would be a wonderful experience.
    Last edited by Sandra; 10-21-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Pics removed as I doubt that you had their permission, read the rules please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Silver Member
    Several years ago, as our 25th anniversary aporoached, my SO wanted to renew our vows. I balked and never replied. Eventually, she let the matter drop, but I never told her my reason. But it was because I wanted (and still do) to be wearing a wedding gown for it. I would totally love it if we wore matching gowns. My wife still doesn't know the reason, and although she is now mostly supportive, she is not ready for that revelation.

Wearing a bridal gown for a vow renewal would be great

I'd be fine with being a bridesmaid, no marraige is in the cards for me.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Carrie...I am with you....bridemaids have much more fun ! ...I also wont be diving to catch the bouquet any time soon and I could never get away with wearing white.

Well I think the being a bride would be incredibly awesome! In fact I bought my first bridal gown yesterday! Can' wait to get dressed today!

The first photo there (in black and white) could have been from one of my dreams. I would love to be in that situation - unfortunately, my wife wouldn't actively participate in my CDing, so it won't ever happen. That's okay though, as she's a very accepting wife generally; I can't have everything.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I would love to dress as a bride one day, should I ever come across a wedding dress I absolutely have to have. And, should life throw me a mulligan to start over, I should like to be a beautiful bride.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Platinum Member
    Possessing or wearing a wedding dress, at the risk of losing my CDr credentials, has never interested me. On a visceral level, however, being a life partner in an F/F relationship is utterly and totally compelling.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I would still love to experience being a Bride on her Wedding Day.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    Not me. Think of the wedding night.

I would! Its a bucket list item to get into a wedding dress at least once. Would love to go renew vows with my wife......maybe in Vegas!
    Margot

One of the first things my wife brought out for dress-up time for me when we started going through her old stuff looking for goodies was her gown. =) Made me feel so good that it fit.

Banned Read only
    Been there, done that, got the ring to prove it. I might do it again someday if the right man was to come along.

who wishes they could have DIED!

but no

i'd rather be a pretty pretty princess!

in a PINK gown!

or a beautiful ballerina!

oh god!

Platinum Member
    Hi PFG, That is something that I would love to have.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Interesting...at this point like Adriana and Carrie I'm not sure it will happen. Not sure I'd ever want to be a bride...what might be cool though is if I ever did get married and she was OK with me dressing I'd love to do a private photoshoot with her, just for us, in the bridesmaid dress .

I would love to wear a wedding gown at least once in my life, but it doesn't seem likely. My wife would never tolerate it. If the opportunity to try on a wedding dress ever occurred, I would jump at the chance. In the mean time, I look forward to finding a bridesmaids gown to wear.

I used to arrange mock weddings for sporting organizations some time ago and I did get to be a bride a few times.
    Certainly tried on a few dresses in bridal shops.

Spent a lot of money buying them for others to wear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I'd have loved to have been a bride, what girl wouldn't?

The closest I got was being asked if I wanted to be a bridesmaid at my friends wedding. Its when I was first coming out about dressing and I politely declined. I regret not doing it cuz it would have been fun. She got a divorce though, so maybe the opportunity will come up again

I would love to be a bride. Would love to wear a beautiful bridal gown with white wedding hosiery.

I would love to be a bride. I often dream about wearing a wedding gown and being a housewife 24/7.

Add me to the list of those who would love to renew my vows as the bride.

I would love to be the bride and experience this. I could not imagine the emotions I would feel when my wife and I said I do.

My wife and I will be renewing our vows in November. I won't be a bride for that ceremony but we'll be doing it again some time next spring. I've already got the dress.
    Call me Ginger Jameson - Jenna's younger, cockier sister