Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wishes they could or could've been a bride??

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I think many of us who have been cders since childhood have dreamed of being a bride. As a young kid I had attended enough family weddings to deveolp an envy of the bride. This never went away with adulthood. I was lucky enough to live the fantasy at First Event in Boston in 1999. I modeled a bridal gown at their fashion show for the finale. I will admit that I would have slept in that gown if I could have. I never felt more glamorous.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    My wife and I privately remarried each other once. Even though no one else was there and it was totally unofficial, the sentiment was there. She picked me out a dress, a sexy red Chinese dress, and just last year for our anniversary of it, I think about year 7, she bought me. Super cool diamond and sapphire wedding ring. Love my wife! And love being her husband and wife!

Oh.... I found the link to the dress on my blog...

http://www.unordinarystyle.com/2012/...ied-twice.html
    Last edited by Nadine Spirit; 10-24-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added link

Who of us would not want to be adorn in a wedding dress? That is every girls fantasy

Kara Zor-El
    Oh my gosh, would love being a bride. One of my favorite memories is when my wife and I had a "pre-ceremony," with no guests, where I got to wear the dress, veil, shoes, drank out of the bridal campaign glass etc. So I guess I did get to experience it. I didn't come out of that dress for the whole day, so probably wasn't long enough, but I really liked that dress. If some of the guest's knew, I'd loved to see their faces.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar

wedding dress

I'm getting married on Halloween and this is my costume for the reception. Could not afford a real wedding dress so this will have to do.

Would love, love, love to be a bride and would love the wedding night fun even more with the right person.

Banned Read only
    I'd really like this - it's a dream really. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to meet a nice guy, and get married, I don't much expect this is in the cards for me. Sometimes I'm a little sad about that - I'll pass a wedding in a park on a Saturday with nice weather, and think about what might have been.

This is one of the things I regret about not transitioning at a younger age. It makes me a little sad, at times.

It's probably just as well - I'd be a lousy wife, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Not me. Think of the wedding night.
    It was something someone once said to me when I was starting a new relationship, that has bothered me ever since: "Intercourse always hurts for the woman; try to be kind".
    And the few times I had the courage to ask, the response was always akin to, 'wellllll,'. So I have to guess that to some degree, it's true. Kind of ruined sex for me forever, she did.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    "Intercourse always hurts for the woman; try to be kind".
    And the few times I had the courage to ask, the response was always akin to, 'wellllll,'. So I have to guess that to some degree, it's true.
    Ummm..... Seriously? Then you must be doing something wrong! Very wrong! Really, quite, very, wrong! Sorry to be so rude, but umm yeah, it's not supposed to 'always hurt for the woman.' And if it does, either something is wrong with "her," or something is wrong with "him."

I'd love to be a bride, but I couldn't find enough uglier bridesmaids to make me look beautiful.
    When I was 10-11 yrs old I'd help my aunt & uncle clean their bridal shop. There were times when I was alone and the store was closed and I had the chance to try on the gowns & bridesmaid dresses, maybe that why I am what I am

I have popped in and out of this thread a bit lately, pondering this idea. For some reason I seem to have a desire to buy a wedding dress compete with all the accessories. I go all gooey at the thought of completely dressing up as a bride. I try to push this idea out of my head though because in my mind I feel I am crossing a line (weird I know) I see the Dress as the ultimate symbol of womanhood and feminity, which on the one hand drives the desire but at the same time holds me back.
    I love the thought of the interplay between all the different fabrics (chiffon, silk, nylon, lace etc) I think the total feeling would be amazing.
    So I have decided, with the help (challenge?) of a FRIEND to bite the bullet and put it all together. I am now in the process of shopping for a reasonably priced dress and all the accessories. Not sure how it's all going to come together but what the heck.
    I don't want to be the bride in a wedding btw. I have no fantasy about that but I would like to experience what it would feel like to present as a bride.
    What to do with it after is a bit of a trick. Oh I know put it in a suitcase and bury in the shed like a real woman thus competing the bridal experience
    Luv
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    On a visceral level, however, being a life partner in an F/F relationship is utterly and totally compelling.
    Hell yes. Me, too!

I was tempted today visiting the local Goodwill store and seeing a bridal gown that might have fit me. The chances are that I never would have the courage to buy it and probably never find the accessories to go with it. Still, it was a dream possibly fulfilled.

Banned Read only
    I have to state that I never understood this fantasy/desire. I've never even been remotely interested. Everyday I'm feeling more unique in this this CD world. To me a wedding dress is not simply some feminine attire. The dress is part of a broader event: receiving a proposal, looking for a dress, the wedding, the ridiculous notion that a daughter will wear it,etc. It's purely a woman's domain from my perspective.

I'd just like to play a bride in a play. I played a maid of honor long ago.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Who wishes they could or could've been a bride??
    I have all sorts of desires, all of which are absurdly impossible. From being a bride, to being a mom, being a wife, in my wanting so much to have what I felt to equal what I was, all I wished was for my mind be congruent with my body. But it was not possible. My childhood was a mess. I could never be the girl that I thought I was supposed to be. Even if SRS was possible back when I was young, I still would never be able to live the life of a girl. The best would have been a MTF TS, and as much as some feel that is adequate, I wouldn't. Add to all that, I could never bring myself to date, marry or have sex with a male, it all became a mixed up nightmare. So fantasy is all that's left; sure, I'd love to try on a beautiful wedding gown, the epitomy of beauty of what most women work towards their entire life. It would feel good, and be fun. For a while. But the fantasy would never equal the reality. Wedding gowns are usually a nightmare of wearing; way too much material to deal with.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Bride or bridesmaid... sign me up.

Aspiring Member
    Today I would love to spend a morning at a salon getting a complete makeover and long nails done, and my wig styled. Then I'd love to spend an afternoon at a bridal shop trying on every gown I could including every accessory. Then do photo shoots. Nice fantasy huh? As far as actually being the bride in a wedding, it would be nice but would probably be too embarassing and awkward for my wife, and for family and friends unless all of them knew this side of me. I wouldn't want to take the attention off of my wife. Our families are very conservative.

In my first marriage and after the honeymoon I enjoyed wearing my wife's gown for an afternoon while she was gone. We were close in size. I never told her. I did wear her sister's maid of honor gown to a Haloween party and danced with a few guys!

On my now second marriage with an accepting wife, she actually suggested I try on her gown! I did and it was just a little small. But we had fun! My CD friend happened to buy a beautiful gown in a thrift store that fit both of us. I had it "on loan" for about a month and made the most of that time! I love any kind of long gown!

Cheryl

A bridesmaid, maybe, but not a bride, Im to ugly for either!

Fortunately I was able to live my dreams and be a bride in a mock wedding years ago. An awesome experience!

I've never had the desire, so I suppose it's not my thing.

I would love to be a bride! I love wearing wedding dresses!
    I'm always a woman!

Ummm it's supposed to be a common male fantasy. I got dress for a song off ebay but don't think I could pull this one off even if my wife agreed to it. too old for it. Nice to think about though
    {{{Alicia}}}

The dream of being the bride lives very much inside me. But i am a bit old fashioned, and all the newer gowns these days all seem to be strapless and most cds/ ts probably could not pull it off near as well as the GG's who can wear them perfectly. However, if it will post, I'll try to attach a pic of my dream dress.

Like jenniferathome, it would only be important to me in the overall context of the full ceremony. Getting married as a woman is what I would have wanted. The dress I wore on the day is less important.

However I do regret a missed opportunity to go to a wedding as a guest . A friend I came out to told me she was going to invite me to her wedding but I had to wear a dress. In the end I moved away and got married (wearing a suit urgh!). So when her wedding came up it wasn't an option as I was now firmly back in the closet. I don't do regrets normally but.......