Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you look?

How do you look?

How do you look en femme? How do you see yourself and how do you think others see you? No one ever says to a woman "You look like a woman" They say something like "You look nice, you look great, you look fantastic or You look beautiful." That being the case I'm not so concerned whether I look like a "woman" so much as if I look like one of those. I have been complimented with all of the above expressions at one time or another and that made me feel pretty good.So how do you feel you look when totally dolled up and have you had genuine compliments on it?
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 10-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have never been out so can't answer anything but how I see myself. I think when I dress to please me sometimes my mood can take the dressing in a whole different direction than pretty, great, or beautiful. When I do want beautiful I take my time and make sure every part of makeup and clothing matches. Those are the times I feel like I've changed my age looks and emerged into more feminine mode.

Except for Halloween I have never been out.

I had one guy that finally got the nerve to come over and ask if I was a girl or a guy as the people at his table were debating.

Banned Read only
    First, I think I look really different when "transformed." Really I'm unrecognizable. It's a fascinating thing. I think I look close to a normal woman of my age but close is not enough for this test. I believe anyone seeing me for more than a passing glance sees a cross dresser or maybe more likely, a transsexual. My wife says I am a good looking "woman" but innumerable cues show me as a man.

Once, a lovely, slightly drunk, much older woman complimented me with a,"You look lovely." The unsaid caveat was "for a dude." She knew I was a cross dresser prior to the comment.

Kate,

I feel that I look like any other middle aged woman when I am fully dressed as Richelle. I have received compliments on my outfits, but nothing like you look nice.

Richelle

On the rare occasion I am able to get fully dolled up I feel like I look good , I a woman , I usually blend well enough until I have to speak. But I feel like I look good enough to go just about anywear with out a problem

I think I look better than in male mode, or I just feel better in fem mode. Either way feel good about my self, and are happier that I am not hiding so much, been out to my wife for a long time. Like today, make up on new girl boot cut jeans, underdress, bra and enhances. Life is good.

Platinum Member
    Does walking down the street in a knee length red long sleeve sheath dress, red heels and a blond wig and getting a honk from a pickup truck and a hoot from the driver count? It was decades ago when I probably could pass for a six foot long legged blond. These days some Boy Scout would probably run up and help an old lady carry her groceries to the car!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I know I don't pass and never will. It's good enough for me to create a respectful and classy femulation, and feel pretty in the process

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I think anyone and everyone who gets a good look at me knows immediately that I am a guy. With that being said, my wife tells me that she is not so sure that everyone does. I told her, well of course everyone knows for a fact that I am wearing a wig. Again my wife says she is not so sure, that it is pretty hard to tell with my newest wig unless you are super close, and most people don't ever get close enough.

Complements? Yeah I get them all of the time. I used to think it was because people felt weird about being around a guy dressed as a woman, but nowadays I am not so sure anymore. I am beginning to relax and think they are actually genuine complements.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Do I look like a woman... I do as much as I can to perfect my feminine presentation and fall more in the girly girl space than tomboy knowing full well that I'm blessed with a genetically male body but I'm not willing to let that get in my way and hold me back (I did for far too long). Do I see myself as a woman... yes... and I pay far more attention to my appearance and presentation as a women compared to when presenting male.

So in the end I feel pretty and there are aspects when I look in the mirror that say both male and female depending on presentation and go about my day with as much confidence as possible and live my life as I continue forward.

cheers... Jennifer

Was a little down last week. The wife and I went out for a run with me en femme at night. There were a few people out in the neighborhood and she kind of freaked out to avoid them. She later told me that she'll just have to get over it and learn to accept being with a guy in drag, as I just can't pass. I mean, I'm tall, but I'd thought I was starting to approach blending..... =(

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    When I am dressed I believe I look pretty good for a mid 60's gal. My biggest giveaway is my height.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I always look better in my mind than anywhere else. The camera and mirror are always disagreeing with my idea of what I look like. My first wig looked like a young Rod Stewart...not the look I was going for. My make up skills rival most 8 year old girls but, I was complimented once on the dress I was wearing. No passing here, just taking advantage of how busy people are and how they really don't pay attention.

When I'm in drab, I'm not one to really spend time on my appearance - I dress for comfort first and foremost.

But when I'm in Jean mode, then I take a lot more care with how I look - even though so far it's only been at home and for me. I feel I look a lot better.

But to a third party I think I'd still look like a guy in a frock who's made an effort

Platinum Member
    Yes, I've had a number of very nice compliments...ranging from you look nice to you look beautiful. That's certainly not how I see myself and I can't attest to the genuineness of any such compliments. I've never been a good mind reader.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    what girl dosent like a compliment? I perfer mine from real women though...those always make my day ....

It feels amazing . Especially when the comments come from genetic girls.

i really do not go out and im single so i really do not know what others think .I do however try to look the best i can when dressing and do realise i most likely do not pass
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, When I dress I always try to look as best that I can and I believe that I can pass without talking.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Once, a lovely, slightly drunk, much older woman complimented me with a,"You look lovely." The unsaid caveat was "for a dude." She knew I was a cross dresser prior to the comment.
    Thats always been the thing with me. I have been complimented a couple of times, but as my pessimistic personality, that always sits in the back of my mind. Are they being sincere, are they appreciating the effort, are they trying to strike a conversation to hear me speak - which will confirm there assumptions.

Like Adriana mentioned, for some strange reason, I will take a complement from a woman as more sincere that that from a guy - maybe because I assume no alternative motive.

Weird?

When I was in my 50's and early 60's, I could have passed except for my height and broad shoulders. Now that I am in my mid-70's, I think it would be very unlikely.

To me I look beautiful. To others I must look ugly. The only one who has really seen me is my wife. And I don't think she thinks I'n beautiful but never tells me that.
    Angie

My male cousin responded this weekend I look like a woman. Made my day! Whatever we look like it's how we feel about ourselves.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes I have heard compliments like that but few and far between.
    One day when I felt I was having a so so make up day one lady in ULTA stopped me and said you look so wonderful I love the sweater dress you have on.
    I thanked her and she stepped back realizing I was a guy( you know the look ) and said you look so pretty its amazing.
    I was stunned to be honest because I didn't think I looked that good.
    Made my day tho'.