Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purge Question?

Several pairs of very comfortable heels that I will probably never be able to replace. Also, my favorite wig.

Out of everything I've purged over the years, I had a designer set of Givenchy lingerie, panties, bra, shaper, and waist nipper in satin mocha with lace trim. I put them in a bag with many other feminine items and donated it all to Goodwill, that was in1983. I hope whomever bought the set enjoyed it as much as I did.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Kara Zor-El
    Had a beautiful lighter red/pinkish lacy dress with a perfect a-line that actually made it appear I had some kind of hips. Went to right to the knees. Threw it in a dumpster to prove I was a "man." Glad I'm not alone in purging but wow I am still kicking myself over that one.

The Mad Scientist
    Never thrown anything back to gw that I did miss.
    I guess I'm careful, and have a storage box so I can see if I want it back for 6 months.

As a teen, I had an older sister who had two very short mini dresses, but she virtually never wore them once she got to college and into her jeans only period. After she moved out of our family home, her things got stored up in the attic, which became my stash because basically, no one ever bothered with stuff that went up there. One day, my mom decided it was time to do a clearing out job, and I saw my sister's clothes in the bags for clothing for the poor. I, of course, snuck out and grabbed what I wanted, those two dresses and an assortment of underwear that I treasured dearly. When I moved out of my parent's house, I took my stash with me; but I was sharing a home with other guys, and was afraid they would find it, so I threw them away. It was those dresses that made me feel the best I ever had when wearing girl clothing. Never to be seen again.
    Next, I had two playtex all in one briefer/girdles with garter attachments. They don't make anything like them anymore, not with garter attachments. They show up on ebay once in a while, but not in the large sizes. The ones made by Rago, Bali and other companies either don't fit, are too uncomfortable, or don't have garter tabs. When I threw them away, I assumed that if I ever wanted, I could always buy new ones. I didn't think they'd just stop making them completely; Playtex was a HUGE undergarment company for women's things a few decades ago, I mistakenly thought that would never change.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-24-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The only things I really regret having purged were photos from early makeover/transformation sessions. Those are irreplaceable, but I still have the memories of the experiences. Clothes, wigs, shoes, etc., are just material things that could all be replaced, often for the better. My only other real regret about purging is the wasted time, when I felt down on myself. But it was all part of the journey to get where I am today, much more self-accepting and happy. Anyway, I'd rather live in the present, dream about the future, and not dwell on the past.

Aspiring Member
    I have not purged since before I left home for College. seems like yesterday but it was a long time ago now. I don't recall there being anything from those early years that I really miss and have not since replaced. The old fashioned nylon stockings come to mind, but I have found new ones recently. I do miss the brand of pantyhose my sister wore when she was young, like most of us I started by "borrowing" hers. None of those cloths would fit me now anyway.

The one time I purged I got rid of an ankle length ball gown and a pair of 4in open toe pumps, broke my heart!! lol. But it did go to the soroptomist club

Purging is like paying for a therapist you don't want to see and have no real intentions of listening to their advice. Just a lot of wasted money. Thankfully my collections have been small and not cost a lot of money. Guess that's why I'm back here. A skirt from my second purge was actually inspired by christmas shopping for my sister who wanted a skirt, saw one for her and had to buy two. Amazingly at the time we were the same size. Last purge I miss the short jean shorts and skirt as well as a couple pair of heels.

Perhaps my most precious tosses a beautiful 9 pc French Maid's outfit, a 4 piece wedding dress with a 6 ' attachable hooked train & 15 ft sheer veil.

It's been almost 20 years since any purge , I cannot change the DNA and CDing makes me happy.

I agree with the prior post which says something like a crossdresser throwing out her clothes is like a fish throwing out its water.

Kate you are on the money, we have all done it and always regret it. The last time I purged, and believe me it will be the last time. I threw out a lovely burgundy skirt, and white ruffled blouse that I loved. The fit was perfect and I loved the look. Along with that went a wonderful OBG with garters and a vintage VF full slip with lace bodice and hem. I think of these things often especially the OBG and the slip. They are not replaceable. That purge was 15 years ago and I will never purge again. To all of you newbies here, remember fight the urge to purge.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

A beautiful set of Vanity Fair "Lace Piquant" lingerie that you just can't find anymore, except perhaps on eBay. Bra, panties, half slip and full slip.
    I will never purge again.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

A very pretty torsolette. It fitted perfectly, nipped my waist in and was comfortable. Now discontinued, so I can't replace it, Dang!
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

A short green skirt with a maching vest.
    Angie