I was trained as and spent many years as a professional actor. One of my gfs on learning this, exclaimed "Oh, thats cheating!" Lol
And in some ways, yes, it has been a huge help. Makeup, though quite different for stage, has always been pretty familiar to me, and years of movement training make that aspect quite easy as well. Donning countless costumes from every historical period imaginable teaches one to find the movement patterns best suited to that dress and to be totally at ease within that mode. Moreover, a big part of acting is observation...watching how different people act, speak, and move. Also a valuable skill in learning how to "pass". So, in transformation, at least, the answer would be a resounding yes.
But in transition, if that really is part of the question, the answer is quite different, and the same set of skills that enable me to take on different roles easily has actually made locating an authentic "self" far more challenging. Knowing how to play a part is very tempting but totally wrong in regard to trying to find my own reality. But it is getting easier every day.
Getting comfortable and happy in my own skin and as myself is the best thing that has ever happened to me.