Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How things change as we get older

How things change as we get older

I was in the shows trying to get a super close shave for a possible outing today.
    And I started thinking about how much harder it is to get a close shave now that I am older !
    But on the flip side a gray shadow is easier to cover than a black one ,
    Any one have any observations about us aging cd's

My style has change, more age appropriate, the clothes I buy now, my wife even likes most the time, still not her style. Use to be exciting, now comfortable, and relaxed.

Banned Read only
    Growing older means I can pass easily as a middle aged woman. And that my dear sister's is all Ive ever wanted to be
    Last edited by heather ann martin; 10-24-2014 at 04:00 AM.

I'm not sure how to say this but I think we are perceived as being "harmless" and tend to be more open and friendly. We have an air about us as have being " been there done that" and this is who I am and happy to be me take it or leave it. I don't know I could be way off base on this.

As always (dino) Lisa

I guess it would be all that hair.It's everywhere but my head.I shave every place I can reach but it's getting to be a full time job.The advantage is that my breasts have grown to the point where I can fill out a b cup without forms.I still wear my forms as a rule,but now I can get some nice clevage.

I think look much more passable, although I think that's because the eyesight is worse.
    Seriously, I think it's easier to blend as you get older. Our features soften with age, beard if easier to cover. Also as many women age they tend to thicken at the waist and the differences in body shape are not as great as when we are younger.

My beard is white and even after a day you can't see it unless you are real close so just a little foundation covers it nicely. My boobs are about like Barbara's, but then that comes with some fat on the tummy!

I may be aging but that doesn't mean that I'm going to grow up!

Hugs, Bria

Banned Read only
    Actually, it is becoming easier. I never had any hair follicles on the back of my legs. I have never shaved my legs and at this time in my life I have no hair on my legs or under my arms. I still shave, and, yes the gray is more easily hidden. I can go without shaving for three days. When I get en femme I always shave my face and I have no beard shadow for the entire day. I've never been a hairy beast.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm not trying to impress anyone with how feminine I can be any longer. I'm just trying to be comfortable, so when it comes time to go through the closet and make room for something new I have all sorts of things that younger and more slender women will appreciate. I'm getting used to being who I am, so there aren't the highs and lows that come with earlier explorations into my gender identity. My technical skills and equipment are all in place now with only the need for occasional tweeks to improve or replace something that isn't working as well as I'd like. It's becoming a little easier to interact with others and not be angry and expect them to know all the right things to say, they are learning too.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When u get way up there, over 70, like me? U have to lose weight for health, and in my case bad back, reasons.

Add loss of muscle tone and what do u get? A slimmer, less muscled figure. Maybe not the thing for TS's.

But, us CD's get to try on new, hotter outfits!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Personally, I think that it is easier for we CDs who are older as no one is expecting to see some "hot babe". Many GWs look less feminine as they age thus, reducing the "difference".
    Hugs, Carole

That means for us older sissy and fetish dressers, we don't have to worry about changing styles or hemlines!! If we ever cared in the first place!!!

yeah I think in general people tend to look more androgynous as the years go by. Problem is, as we get older, we have to dress more 'age appropriate.' Although every time I see a woman my age (60) dressed stylishly, yet tastefully, knowing full well how attractive she looks, my heart skips a beat. THAT'S the look I'm going for, not "some old broad trying to look hot…", but a mature woman who likes to dress nicely

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Personally, I think it gets easier to pass as I get older. I'm not as buff. My face is less edgy and my body hair is disappearing. I have not had any hair on my legs for about 8 years now. Chest hair is also thinning. I also find it easier to get a closer face shave. With the wider range of fashions appropriate for our age group shopping is easier as well.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    you must be using the wrong razors,creme, prep etc....i find it easier now ( yes i have some greys)....but you dont do this often so your face probably wasnt prepped and was probably one asspect you overlooked....next time do a practice run a week before, or now that you got a close shave keep it. Did you make it out???

Platinum Member
    Shaving is among the least of my concerns these days. Covering lines and sags is much worse!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Covering lines and sags is not a problem for me as is just not possible anymore!

Hugs, Bria

For me it has gotten to the point I get depressed when I dress
    Because of health problems I put 35 lbs on in the last 2 years
    On the plus side I can make great cleavage
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

I've also found that my body hair is softer and growing slower. I have less beard stubble and softer skin when I shave. I too admire older women's style of clothing when it's stylish and feminine.

I probably don't look as good as I did 20 or 30 years ago, but my vision is deteriorating even faster than my appearance, so overall the view in my mirror has improved over the years.

I also care a heck of a lot less about how other people will perceive me, which makes dressing up and going out a lot easier.

- Diane

As the years tick over, in a lot of ways , its not so much how I look, but how I feel.
    If my dress is a bit short, or my wig or make-up not age appropriate, then so be it.
    If I feel great dressing up how I want, that's all that matters to me.
    If that feeling when dressing up disappears, then I may as well give crossdressing a miss, and I hope that never happens.

Only that until recently I always used an electric shaver.
    I had never used a blade to shave clean.
    Now I find that to get that smooth complexion I have to use a razor occasionally.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Same here as Lexi, seems I have to shave twice to get real close.
    Try some conditioner on the second time, it seems to work well.
    Char

It is true that now we don't have to (and couldn't) dress "to the nines" with a miniskirt, long hair and very high heels. As we are mature (in age, if not otherwise) we can dress conservatively, which many times means a really fine and expensive skirt with a better cut.

Perhaps most importantly, is a certain attitude that I think many of us have developed, which is that we no longer care so deeply about what others around us may think. We are here, en femme, to enjoy ourselves - and by damn, we will! Not only is life too short and not only did we not get the bodies many of us would have preferred, but at our age, that life is getting ever shorter. Carpe Diem!

Jen
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

The Mad Scientist
    I think it's easier as we get older....except applying makeup.
    What do you mean I have to do it without any optical correction?
    Get me a mirror, magnifying glass, and a light... Ha ha ha