You sound exactly like the disaster therapist we last saw, Cheryl. That's exactly the attitude she took and it was absolutely no help, despite how true some of it may be.

As to whether or not I am a crossdresset or not, I don't believe it's that simple. From a purely technical perspective, yes, I am a crossdresser. But I also believe there may be more to it.

Dissociative disorders include more than just multiple personalities, Samantha, but, yes, dissociative identity disorder used to be referred to as multiple personalities and the Szondi Test pointed me in that direction. I certainly intend to discuss it in depth with the therapist.

I am hoping to use the individual therapy sessions to better understand my condition. Once I have a better handle on things, I hope to be able to progress to joint sessions with my wife. I expect that we will be able to find a balance in our relationship that satisfies all of our needs. I suspect that my wife will not be as oppositional as yours was. First of all, my wife has a degree in psychology and knows that my crossdressing isn't "wrong" and that I can't be "cured". Additionally, she initially attempted to be understanding, accepting, and supportive, but she didn't feel as if her needs were being met and that I was being selfish (charges not wholly without merit). It is my hope that with a therapist acting as a mediator that we will be able to find a happy medium.