Thread: Nice comfortable experience with my step-daughter

Aspiring Member

Nice comfortable experience with my step-daughter

It happened quickly. My 32 yr-old stepdaughter called to say she'd stop by tonight. I asked my wife if I should change. She said not to. I did take off my wig and earrings. Well, I was wearing my casuals with a nice cable knit sweater when she came in. She smiled and said, "I love your sweater! Where did you get it?" I said, "Your Mom got it for me." She said, "As long as it keeps you warm." I didn't know what else to say but she acted like it was nothing. I think, and am sure she knows.

Cheryl

My step-daughter is waay more accepting than my wife, though she probably tells her mother. The younger generation is more adaptable.
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

That's great, my relationship with my step daughters improved when they found out about my girl side.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Cheryl,
    Thinking of what your appearance may be like, I am sure she knows.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Is it possible that because it is ok with your wife, that maybe she had a talk with your daughter. Knowing that your daughter would accept is the reason your wife told you not to change. Either way I think it is awesome. I have a step-daughter also and one day may have to tell her and my son. Its a big step.
    Erica

Aspiring Member
    I'm not sure if my wife had a talk with her daughter. She's never said anything. I found out from my sister-in-law that my wife's family knew about me long before we married. I'm sure somehow word got around somehow. I know that many years ago my ex-wife told our two daughters about why we divorced. My daughters told me they knew and were totally fine with it. When my stepdaughter was a teen living with us I got little hints and clues that she knew. At first I was mortified to find out everyone who knew. Now I don't care. I feel I'm a very good person in many ways so they can't be vindictive or treat me badly. I'll bet a lot of others know because of their circles.

You couldn't miss the way I was dressed. I had on my comfy women's jeans, a lacy white top, and the sweater which was a light blue and definitely feminine. I actually feel better because everything was cool. Since she is a hairstylist, my wife even mentioned that she could cut and style my wigs. I'm far less stressed too because of all of this.

Cheryl

I believe your wife had a conversation with her daughter before she saw you; otherwise, her reaction was just too nonchalant. You are very fortunate to be able have so many people close to you who know you CD and accept you.
    Who do I feel like today?

That's awesome Cheryl ! It must make you very happy.I think my wife would have a heart attack if my step daughter ever found out !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    I'm not sure if my wife had a talk with her daughter. She's never said anything. I found out from my sister-in-law that my wife's family knew about me long before we married. I'm sure somehow word got around somehow. I know that many years ago my ex-wife told our two daughters about why we divorced. My daughters told me they knew and were totally fine with it. When my stepdaughter was a teen living with us I got little hints and clues that she knew. At first I was mortified to find out everyone who knew. Now I don't care. I feel I'm a very good person in many ways so they can't be vindictive or treat me badly. I'll bet a lot of others know because of their circles.

You couldn't miss the way I was dressed. I had on my comfy women's jeans, a lacy white top, and the sweater which was a light blue and definitely feminine. I actually feel better because everything was cool. Since she is a hairstylist, my wife even mentioned that she could cut and style my wigs. I'm far less stressed too because of all of this.

Cheryl
    That speaks volumes of the kind, loving person you are. It must be a relief and I'm so happy for you. I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you pick the name "Cheryl" I only ask because that is my name and I hated it growing up. Everyone mispronounced it. I'm in the south and they called me "Shurl" oh how I hated that. I don't have that problem any more though. Hugs my sista!

Silver Member
    Your post Cheryl was definitely a big step for you in the right direction, and hopefully lightened the burden of who knows about your femme side. You should always feel comfortable and confident in what you choose to wear regardless of how others re-act. Enjoy.

You were wearing something conspicuously feminine? If so and she pointed it out, then perhaps she was trying to start a conversation about it.

Joey

My stepdaughter 34 and i now that she knows Have a wonderful relationship. My analige of her before was like a snake just waiting to strike. But after catching me in a dress that dday and not saying a word to anyone else i decided I was wrong and let my guard down.the best thing that ever happened for us. Were now Shopping buddies and girlfriends.
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Aspiring Member
    You and many other gals here are absolutely awesome! My hope is that others can feel how liberating it is just to be themselves, go out in public with no problems, and have the wonderful support system I have! I have about a dozen GG friends who know me and are ever so kind!

In other posts I stress that any of us MUST, in our male persona, be the very best, kindest, loving, and engaged with everyone around us to first receive that kind of acceptance. Then should someone learn about our feminine side it makes it THAT much easier to maintain acceptance. I workd hard all my life to build a future for me and my wife and our children. I bit my tongue many times and have taken the high road to allow others to be who they are. I've allowed people to love ME.

We might find ourselves bending way over backwards to respect others and accept THEM the way they are without judgement. Trust me it does come back. None of us can be selfish. "Do unto others."

I always loved the name Cheryl. It always felt ever so feminine and how I'd want others to know me. There were other "Cheryls" in my life, mainly co-workers, and they always had a feminine aura about them. They were role models in a sense. I even dated one in my "dark ages" and she was really cool and classy. I thought of other names but none really fit.

I think I've been doing the right things --- husband, lover, father, agressive employee, helpful, good neighbor, etc.. I'm not a people pleaser and know where to draw the line and don't take any ______. Otherwise I don't know what else to say.

Cheryl Ann

Aspiring Member
    Tonya and Joey, I now see your posts that got in before mine. My daughters and stepdaughter are in their early 30's. This is another way of owning it. I think the key, once the dust settles after finding out, is to maybe engage them in our feminine personalities. It might not work for everyone but I think we can either not talk about it, or instead, have them ralize they can have an even better relationship with us. Am I making sense?

Tonya, the fact that you're shopping buddies could be another bonding experience as unique as it is. And Joey, maybe she wanted to engage in a conversation? I don't know. She is very style conscious. Maybe I'd have a shopping buddy or a second personal hairstylist to enjoy many experiments with wigs and makeup? I know my wife wouldn't have any problem. Oh the unique lives we live!

Cheryl