Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your style?

I go tend to try and stick with classic but current looks. I like tailored, slightly structured clothes be it dresses, jackets or pants. And I have to say I've always been in love with the fashions of the late fifties and early sixties. So I love it that full skirts are in vogue. If you want to take a look at what I like go here; http://www.pinterest.com/cholloway1737/
    and look at the My Wardrobe board.
    In a way there are many similarities between me dressing as normal (guy) and me dressing as Christen. In guy mode I hate things that don't fit well, or are poorly cut but basically I dress smart casual. And I have a thing about shoes either way.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Definitely the classic look. I try to dress according to my age. Nothing flashy or revealing, only modest and conservative.

my style is sissy

H I P S T E R even!

delightfully tacky (yet unrefined!)

Hi,

Edwardian 1900-14 a simple style with in that time quite plain as it suits my facial feature,s and bonnits or hats ,i,v yet to make my servant,s clothes , we can muster 28 people for our outings and do,s

Renaissance, 1400 - 1500 my style is changing a little as i make my garb, - clothes, more inkeeping with my background = German , and as a wench ,and chatelaine Lady of the Castle or a mistress i have a good number now and just made 3 more outfit,s and looking forward to our camp with 250 of us ,

im more at home in those clothes than any other and travel around and over sea,s dressed ,

as for your normal day night./ wear , womens of cause, im not fussed though they are nice and lovely ,

My next style is gypsy and ill have a look at what i can do there, ill get the fabric and start making my own, that will be skirts tops and lovely over tops head wear to suit as well,

For around the house and working just a jean type skirt most days and jumpers ,

...noeleena...

Adolescent schoolgirl. Button down white shirts with plaid skirts & blazer, dress styles from the juniors dept, cheerleader uniform, white sneakers with pastel trim, forever 14.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am all for sexy and feminine.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    So, just for fun, what is your style, and is it different when dressed male than when dressed female? Are you trendy? Square? Conservative? High fashion? Prefer business wear, pencil skirts, heels and blazers or are you more flowery dresses and flats? Are you happy with JCP or do you demand Ralph Lauren. BCBG or Guess? Proper or something trashy. And is your style consistant? Do you even have a style? And for those where this applies...is it the same or different when you go from boy mode to girl mode?
    There are no wrong answers...lol
    Sophisticated and elegant is what I shoot for. I've been spending more of my budget on Ann Taylor, J Crew, etc. I find myself owning more and more pencil skirts, mid length skirts with various tops than dresses. My skirts range from floral prints, to animal prints, to geometrics to solids to tweeds and plaids.
    However, I recently purchased a beautiful gown at Macy's from Adrianna Papell that I just had to have. I have no place to wear it yet, but it is the prettiest dress I have ever owned. It's heavily beaded and sequined, and it fit perfectly.
    I own one pair of jeans, and one pair of flats, and I rarely wear them. I always wear heels and hosiery (usually suntan, or barely black), even in this day and age of bare legs. I find hosiery definitely enhances my legs the older I get.
    I love jewelry, and I accessorize and match things up pretty well.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Of course it depends on mood, but I go from leggings and a tee, to skirts with a blouse or lately I've been adding sweaters to the mix.
    The skirts go from floral full skirts in pastels, to Pencil skirts in dark business type colors. Holidays, either a Velvet skirt or a sparkly dress will do just fine.
    As a guy, it's sweatpants around the house, Causal pants and knit shirts for running around town, and of course any excuse I get I will put on a suit and tie.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 10-25-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: spellcheck
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    I mostly dress like a soccer mom / frumpy librarian. Like a school teacher with sexy makeup, I guess. The drag queens down here all just kind of sigh when they see me.

Most of the girls on the forum here dress a lot sexier than I ever do. It's a little intimidating, sometimes!
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 10-25-2014 at 09:20 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Had to think about this one for a while. My dressing adventures generally follow a theme. I'll get focused on a particular item, or portrayal and just build from there. Business suited female lawyer, housekeeper, housewife (June Cleaver), sissy maid, tart. I've even explored a butch dyke look. Or just casual public blend. But always with breasts. That seems to be the satisfaction point.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Hi Samantha,
    In male mode I'm dress very very casual, shorts and tshirt all year round, and Im a complete opposite when enfemme, love the wife of the manor look and also love to wear flowery summer frocks.

Adelaide

Sleeveless shift and sheath dresses knee length to mid calf. skirt suits, knee length, to midcalf skirts, and mock turtleneck sleeveless, short sleeve, and longsleeve tops, pantyhose, heels 2 1/2: to 6 ". Pearls, broaches, an earrings.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    My favorite has got to be workout apparel. I love tight fitted capris, yoga pants, running skorts, bright neon ankle socks, pink sneakers, and of course a sports bra!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I like Dresses, And all thinks pink or frilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the time en feme my style would be a skirt, knit top and if not to hot outside, hose or tights. Shoes are mostly flats and at times wedges. There are also times that I like to get dressed up and that would be a nice dress with heels. The length of my skirts and dresses tend to be knee length, and most of the time not much above the knee, and if anything below the knee. I also like to wear long skirts, but am not into mini skirts. At times I also like to dress up by wearing a skirt suit.

I like to find good brands but also try to economize. Some of my favorite stores are Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's and Ross's. Have been able to find some great pieces of clothing at these stores. In the past I would by shoes at Payless, but not recently. Payless is still a place I go to, but recently have not found much. I love DSW and recently found a great pair of flats. Also, I have bought shoes at Wal Mart, but nothing recently. Probably will get some tennis shoes soon there. Target and JC Penny's are also stores I shop at. Dress Barn is another store that I have started to go to and a few months ago I found a great dress there.

The wigs that I tend to wear tend to be about shoulder length. Being not blessed with a full head of hair, I find that I need a wig. I have looked at doing a hair transplant and hope to do it someday. If the transplant would be successful then I might not have to use a wig.

My clothes tend to be mostly solids with the colors being mostly blue and some black with a few green items.

I am starting to get into necklaces and have a few with my favorite being a pearl necklace. I have not worn earrings, which I may do someday.

In male mode it is mostly polo shirts and slacks, with blue being predominant and the rest being black. Also, my male clothes are solids. In the last year I have gotten away from jeans. I hate to wear ties, and right now do not have a suit. I may wear a tie a few times a year. In male mode I do wear female slacks a lot, with the percentage of time I am in female slacks increase as I acquire more of these items.

I am moving in the direction that when I am out of work and out in public I will be in female mode. Having worn pants all my life I have resisted wearing them when en femme, but as I spend more time en femme I will probably start to wear slacks some of the time, but I definitely prefer skirts over slacks.

When at home I am almost always wearing a night gown, and when I get home from work it is off with the drab clothes and into a night gown.

I personally love dresses and skirts the most, and i'm looking for a corset. In male mode, I dress in whatever is comfortable. and black.

I seem to go for the classic style with a twist (splash of colour).
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

my style is nighty girlish and casual and sexy look with dressing

I like anything that feels feminine. Sheer fabrics, nylon and lace. I don't think I have a particular theme in mind, it depends on how I feel. I always try to be elegant and coordinated in a chic sort of way. I love the styles that Christen has Pinned for us to see (Thanks Chris some off those dresses made me swoon)
    I love elegant gowns and everything has to be worn with stockings and heels. No bare legs or flats for this girl.
    Luv
    Amanda

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    ...So, just for fun, what is your style, and is it different when dressed male than when dressed female? ...
    My style between girl and boy modes is different. I am more casual in boy mode BUT, I have been trying lately to be a little better. In girl mode, I hope it is casual class. I don;t go for anything that is purely trendy and frankly I use my wife as my guide. No Walmart for either of us. I prefer classic looks but try to keep up with style.

Trendy but middle aged gallery owner. Pencil skirts just above the knee, a lot of black and white, but sometimes with red shoes or a belt. Always stockings, high heels and long nails. Shortish hair, obviously colored. Gold jewelry. Plenty of tattoos and piercings.

- Diane

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    My CD style?

Impressionism! Hey-yo!

(rimshot)

I tried to get into makeup, but wound up with Abstract Expressionism. Oh no!

(rimshot)

Some days it all just feels Surreal. Say whaaaat?

(rimshot)

Thank you! I'll be here all week!

Seriously, I tried quite a bit before deciding makep up wasn't part of my CD world. It was "Makeup by Jackson Pollock" time.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 10-26-2014 at 02:48 AM.

I think it depends on my mood and what I am going out for.

Mostly I am a sporty - jeans, tshirt and boots girl for every day.

To a nice movie or something with my gang - classy and sexy but not over the top, maybe a nice skirt but not too short and a nice fitted top with a sweater cover to cover up if I am too cury and do not want to show off.

I use to go out with very tight/short skirts but not out in public now.
    Also, very tight sexy tops, with bigger breast ... but I am over that.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I don't own too many clothes, but, if anyone saw me, the first word that would
    come up (other than guy in a dress) is sensible. Sensible shoes (I have not mastered
    high heels yet), dresses and skirts of a sensible length, blouses/t-shirts not too reavealing.
    Even my panties are sensible, I almost always wear padded boy short panties, they keep
    the boys tucked away and give me needed help in the rear end department.
    (Is this TMI )

Call me Miss sensible.
    Last edited by CostaRicaRachel; 10-26-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

For the longest time it was miniskirts that was all i would accept .Now finaly i have been able to move on to different looks .Lately it is petticoats and flared dresses or fitting just above the knee skirts with a respectable top .I also have a week spot for the business office skirt suit
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo