Thread: Running into a neighbor in the lingerie department

Silver Member

Running into a neighbor in the lingerie department

So today I decided to check out the sales at the local mall. I put on a nice blouse gg jeans and boots with heals. I'm in Macy's lingerie department looking at bras on sale and up walks a neighbor. It was obvious that I had on a bra. She says where's the wife and I tell her she isn't with me. She looks at the bra in my hand and it is obvious that it isn't for my wife since the cups are too small. Without missing a beat she says have you found any thing? I tell her just this one. She and I are about the same size in the chest department. We talk for a minute about the sale. She moves to another stand and I move on.

I get up to the counter and find out the bra I'm getting is on special reduction so I go back over to the rack and get another one. The sales clerk is a really nice woman. We are talking about the price and I say that at that price I can't afford not to get the second one. I then realize that my neighbor is behind me watching the clerk put my bras in a bag. As the clerk gives me my receipt my neighbor smiles and says very pretty in that I know voice.

I'm pretty sure several of my neighbors know I CD but it is different when you run into them like this. This is the second neighbor I've run into while shopping for lingerie. Most of the time I see people I know in the women's department which doesn't seem as intimate as the lingerie department. Especially when both of you are holding bras and panties.

Silver Member
    OK. She knows. Do you care?

Do you like the bras? Did you enjoy buying them. Does it really bother you that two of your neighbors ran into you buying lingerie?

Enjoy wearing your bras and continue to enjoy your shopping adventures.

Heather says it all. If you really don't care, then so what? Enjoy your purchases and also enjoy that "special" relationship you now have with two of your neighbors.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

The Mad Scientist
    That's so funny. the definition of owning it.

Well when your out, your out! Dressed like that, sounds like you really weren't trying to hide it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

To heck with the neighbor. How do you like your new bras and how long does the Macy's sale last? LOL!

Actually it sounds like she wasn't surprised, now you have one less neighbor to worry about finding out that you dress. I admire your courage and the way you owned the situation.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Liz its time for a neighborhood tea party with everyone in their "finest." Since they all know anyway.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Maybe she will go shopping with you next time.
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

It you act like you are doing something wrong, then they will react to that, if you act like nothing is wrong, they will also, love the attitude it just a department in the story you have the right to be there as do they.

I would have been embarassed myself. I've shopped in local lingerie depts. quite a bit. I always feel that it's risky behavior because I'd rather not be outed by someone I know, at least not that way.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

But Ressie, you are pretty and so nice. I am sure your neighbors would still like you just as much. Shop with confidence.

Aspiring Member
    I would think that if you had a great reputation as a neighbor, you shouldn't have a problem. If you are known as "that really nice guy down the street who minds his own business, works every day, doesn't bother anyone, is always pleasant to talk with, hypothetically does things for people and is very helpful" you'll stand a great chance of acceptance. If you were the idiot who plays loud music, is rude, unfriendly, or whatever negative trait, then the neighborss who know might out you and even be vindictive. If they like you, all should be okay, let's hope.

Cheryl

Silver Member
    You may have a relative in your family that is about your size - maybe a niece or two, or perhaps a sister, and so why should the neighbor care what YOU are buying! If the neighbor figures it out, you may be approached differently from now on due to this shopping experience. Could it be that your wife told the neighbor about your femme side? No matter - if your money is good, buy what you like! Enjoy.

Liz, I'm surprised at you. If you knew that your neighbor was behind you in line, the polite thing to do would be to go over to her and ask to see her lingerie, since she has already seen yours.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Nice story Liz,

When I'm shopping I've never run into anyone I know. Probably that I always shop away from my area. But I've had some good conversations with SA's.
    I like the way that you 'owned' that encounter. She asked you a few questions...inquiring minds need to know.
    I imagine that her mind hit Mach-1 whilst you were talking.
    Then it hit Mach-5 at the counter when you were informed about the sale...we just can't pass up on a sale girl!

I wonder what she was thinking about afterwards.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    You may have a relative in your family that is about your size - maybe a niece or two, or perhaps a sister, and so why should the neighbor care what YOU are buying! If the neighbor figures it out, you may be approached differently from now on due to this shopping experience. Could it be that your wife told the neighbor about your femme side? No matter - if your money is good, buy what you like! Enjoy.
    can't imagine ANY guy buying a BRA for his niece or sister!

that'd just be awkward!

Hey Liz
    If you and the neighbor are about the same chest size did you tell her about the bra special?
    I agree with you Chari, too creepy to say you are buying intimate apparel for your niece so better of to say its for your nephew.
    The quiet guy in the neighborhood who seems really nice could be an axe murder, so make a little noise. Play "Man I feel like a woman" loud enough for all to hear whenever you dress up (put it on a loop)
    Anyway great little story, thanks for sharing.
    Luv
    Amanda

Platinum Member
    Hi Liz, Dressed as you were it's pretty obvious that the bras were for you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You did the right thing and its not a big deal apparently with your neighbor so its all good.
    I agree if you don't act like its a big deal it won't be, own it and be yourself.
    Making up lies and acting lie its for some one else never works just admit its for you.
    In this case she owned it and thats the way you do it Kudos!!!

Silver Member
    Yes, I liked the bras and they were pretty. The sale goes on till Sunday. You can order on line also. They do have a discount code for $10 off. I was going to buy a pair of boots, but didn't find them in the color that I wanted.

The neighbor knew what was on sale. It was the reason we were at the same racks. Not interested in shopping with her. There are some people who are not fun to be around. I have shopped with other neighbors though. I'll leave the teas to others too, cocktails with the girls after shopping to compare purchases is much more fun. If I'm shopping with women I have no problem comparing lingerie purchases or making recommendations. But, I've never heard a woman ask another woman to see their lingerie purchases when not shopping with them. I'm not interested in making someone uncomfortable. She made the statement to let me know she knew.

News flash! Most SAs today know that a guy buying lingerie may well be purchasing it for himself. It is pretty easy to tell if it is for someone else. So why bother hiding it. Since I already had a bra on and she could hear my heals clicking on the marble it wasn't hard to figure it out. It was also a giveaway to any other observant person especially women.

I never have been good at keeping my dressing secret or maybe I've never cared enough. Most everywhere I've lived has had people that knew. I don't try to pass as a woman anymore. My neighbors know I wear women's clothes. Some women wear guy things too. Even talked with one neighbor while we both fought a loosing battle with the wind to keep our robes covering our long night gowns. I've noticed more than one neighbor looking down my blouse when it gaped open. But, I'm guilty of it too. I just hope they enjoyed the pretty lace view.

Yet another thing to think about. I ran into someone I knew 1200 miles from home while shopping. So be prepared anywhere you go but have fun.

I had a similar experience several years ago. I was checking out at a local K-Mart when a female coworker stepped up behind me in line and noticed my purchase. It was a beautiful blue nightie. I'm sure she assumed that it was for my wife, but she may have noticed that the sixe was large and my wife is a very small person.

I have never been busted by a neighbour but I do get positive comments from the girls in fitting rooms at places like Ross and H+M.
    These are my favourite haunts and I can try on many things before I get it right, especially in drab.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks Jennifer, you're inspiring when it comes to shopping. Everyone knows I'm single so I can't be buying that bra for my wife!

As comfortable as I've become shopping locally, I have to wonder how many times I've been spotted by someone that knows me - without my knowledge. Not a real big deal, but being seen by them with a bra or panties in hand is much different than being seen with jewelry or trouser socks.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi Liz,

Thanks for sharing this one, especially for those of us who shop en drab. However, I'm always more comfortable shopping as a woman. Once I was I in a gourmet kitchen store and my neighbor came in. She knew about Claire, but hadn't seen me in public. What could I do but say "Hi neighbor!"? She took it in stride (after a second or two) .. but what was cool was that her girlfriends had a great time with it. We were soon chatting away -- they had great advice on what what I was planing to buy for my wife. I'm sure that she had told them about me, but that was just part of the fun. They were headed out for a gals' lunch. Gee, I wish I could have joined them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club