Thread: Dealing with the urges !Any thoughts please ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Dealing with the urges !Any thoughts please ?

Most members probably know I'm in a DADT situation ! Somedays it's bury your head in the sand, if I can't see his CDing it doesn't exist ! To being offered clothes before being passed on ! We all talk about dealing with it in different ways !

The other uge I can't fully understand is the one to shop ! It goes back a long way but to give a recent example, my wife bought some smart blue patent wedges. I like them so much I just can't get them out of my mind to buy a pair, I've checked the stock online, and after looked at skirts and found a cord skirt that sits just on the knees. Instead of saying this is pointless when I buy them they are not going to be hung nicely in a wardrobe, no they're going to pushed in a cardboard box hidden away !
    My wife knows about some of my things but not about my purchases, when she does I don't think she is going to be happy, to put it mildly !
    The urge is stronger than my CDing sometimes, and I will struggle not to get in my car tomorrow morning and head for the shops !

The question is why do we do it ? Is it just me ? One explanation is shopping is another way of coming out to people, if I don't go out fully dressed ! Or am I trying to imitate my wife in some way ?

Any thoughts please ??
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-30-2014 at 05:13 AM.