Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with the urges !Any thoughts please ?

Banned Read only

Dealing with the urges !Any thoughts please ?

Most members probably know I'm in a DADT situation ! Somedays it's bury your head in the sand, if I can't see his CDing it doesn't exist ! To being offered clothes before being passed on ! We all talk about dealing with it in different ways !

The other uge I can't fully understand is the one to shop ! It goes back a long way but to give a recent example, my wife bought some smart blue patent wedges. I like them so much I just can't get them out of my mind to buy a pair, I've checked the stock online, and after looked at skirts and found a cord skirt that sits just on the knees. Instead of saying this is pointless when I buy them they are not going to be hung nicely in a wardrobe, no they're going to pushed in a cardboard box hidden away !
    My wife knows about some of my things but not about my purchases, when she does I don't think she is going to be happy, to put it mildly !
    The urge is stronger than my CDing sometimes, and I will struggle not to get in my car tomorrow morning and head for the shops !

The question is why do we do it ? Is it just me ? One explanation is shopping is another way of coming out to people, if I don't go out fully dressed ! Or am I trying to imitate my wife in some way ?

Any thoughts please ??
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-30-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Silver Member
    We all have to dress in something Teresa, and perhaps like most GG's you get bored with some of your wardrobe and get the urge to express your femme self in new and fashionable attire! Seeing (close-up) your wife's choice of footwear, or any of her other items can and will give a strong desire to buy and model similar outfits! Underdressing is OK, but IMO there is nothing like the feeling of presenting in an entire feminine outfit - complete with makeup, perfume, and jewelry! Do what gives you comfort and confidence. Enjoy.

Just one thought. The urges can be re-directed to buying guy stuff that would make you look sharp. Maybe something your wife would like to see you in.I've successfully done this and it works well for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Shopping is also a way of dealing with depression and to overcome dadt relationships. You imagine yourself in outfit a,b,c and it's somewhat the closest release you get atm.

I'm in a simular situation, more a you can wear what you want but I don't want to see you dressed than a (DADT) and having our 38 year old son now living back with us and he considers me to be a freak, then it can put quite a damper on my dressing.
    As to shopping I must agree with you and it must be a compulsive urge to browse the shops to see what you can find and purchase the item even when you don't know when you will get to wear it.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Banned Read only
    Teresa, I have found that shopping is like a substitute for dressing. When you can't dress, the stress builds as we all have experienced, and somehow shopping is a relief valve. I have gone through this myself and rather then buying, I go through the motions. I shop on line. Add items to my shopping cart and just don't pull the trigger. It seems to work for me.

Hi Teresa

I think I'am just like you. I also have a strong need to constantly renew my wardrobe. I well know that it's going to be put away in my office closest, but I often see the view of how I would look in it and therefore I need to buy. Sometimes the image stays in my head and won't leave. :-) I also believe that it's a way of keeping our selfs happy with the CD thing. Most of us don't have time to dress often and there shopping is keeping us happy between the dressing times. For me, there is a lot of joy running around waiting until the next time I can try the new purchases, it keeps the dressing time worth to wait for. Unlike you, I go out fully dressed and are loving it.

Hugs
    Henriette

PS. just bought a new perfume today, can't wait until thursday arrives where I'am going out with some friends, love the smell of Lady Million :-))
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

I agree. Shopping is a great way to overcome the need to dress when there is no opportunity for it Even if you only go out and look at clothes, the urge is diminished. Of course, it's always nice to find something new to wear the next time you can dress.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    "pushed in a cardboard box"!
    You're going to have an early heart attack caused by stress.
    Look, you can have a lot of fun doing household chores in a wig, bra, gater belt with stockings and high heels.
    Your cheating yourself of the FUN aspect of being a CD because your SO isn't with the program.
    Or, to put it another way, your SO is cheating you out of the FUN you SHOULD be having.
    These are my thoughts: you're going to go to an early grave caused by stress.
    If you HAVE to shop, at least go to consignment shops and thrift stores. Save your money whenever you can.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I had a teacher once, an older guy nearing retirement, really self-effacing and kind to people. Referring to himself he said "Some of us are born beautiful and others just look like 10 miles of bad road", which brought a laugh from the class.

I have struggled with low self-esteem most of my life and always felt like I was in the "10 mile" category, so it makes me ecstatic to "transform" into a being that I feel is much more attractive than my male self (even if I'm the only one who thinks so LOL) So when I see items of clothing, or cute shoes or accessories, I associate them with feeling better about myself, and we're off to the races (or the mall).
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Aspiring Member
    I dunno, I'm tempted to suggest that compulsive shopping goes hand in hand with being a crossdresser and when you figure out why you do one, you'll figure out the other.

I say this because you've had many here who can dress when they like also write about the 150 skirts, 200 dresses and 300 pairs of heels they have. I think someone even lived alone and had 1000 dresses! (Or was it heels?!) I know a few GGs who shop to this extent but I'd guess you're all a LOT worse than the rest of us lol.

Teresa, maybe you can try what Jennifer suggested and just keep to 'window shopping'?
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 10-26-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Banned Read only
    Tinkerbell,
    Tried that, easier on the pocket but seems to be more to it than that ! I don't know what but it's feels like a form of coming out ! The acceptance that I'm a CDer shopping for my own needs, I enjoy the interaction with the SAs !

I can never see a collection like that happening, I can't see the point !

Cheryl, Cding is suppose to relieve stress but doing it in a DADT relationship just piles it back on again !
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-26-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Teresa, would you feel better if everyone knew of Teresa? Or is it more you're seeking validation that she exists and you're frustrated no one acknowledges this side of you?

Have you thought of joining a CD support group and maybe hitting the town for a night out? You can tell your wife you're having drinks without any more details than that, and go set Teresa free!

Quote Originally Posted by Martina View Post
    I'm in a simular situation, more a you can wear what you want but I don't want to see you dressed than a (DADT) and having our 38 year old son now living back with us and he considers me to be a freak, then it can put quite a damper on my dressing.
    Martina
    Sorry for the short hijack, but Martina! If your 38!!! year old son is back living with you, and thinks you're a freak, throw the SOB unceremoniously out of the house to go live on his own.

End of the hijack.
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Read only
    Tinkerbell,
    I think you have probably got it right, the only acceptance I have is the kind members on the forum !
    Yes I have been invited to a support group and possibly give a talk on photography, I know I could do it but not without some acceptance and support from my wife ! I just see her having too many issues with me doing it !!

Yes, I definitely have something of a compulsive shopping habit as well, but I wouldn't say it's strictly a cross-dressing thing. A lot of guys have it, but most happen to collect guitars or vinyl records instead of dresses.

I get the urge to shop ,then when I go I usually just nervously browse the ladies wear and leave with nothing but somehow at times that puts me at ease.

I think you've answered your own question here, Teresa...

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ... the only acceptance I have is the kind members on the forum !
    Yes I have been invited to a support group and possibly give a talk on photography, I know I could do it but not without some acceptance and support from my wife ! I just see her having too many issues with me doing it !!
    (My bold text) Teresa - you're kidding yourself... from what you have said it is unlikely your wife will ever support your little passion, even if she accepts it first... Go to a support group if you can - if your wife cannot accept that this is a way of supporting you emotionally (and not just an excuse to 'girl it up' with some other crossdressers...) then that in itself tells a story...

To your original point, but referring back to the extent of your repression and the emotional blackmail you're suffering; your buying clothes is something you can exert control over without your wife interfering - it is your rebellion over that blackmail. You can do it - so you do it! But it's a 'safe' rebellion in a way - she may not find out, and it's still keeping you repressed...

If it keeps you happy(ier) then it's probably OK - but can you afford it...? How much do you need to spend to be happy..? If you want to get out and meet others, my night out cost me less than a hundred sovs including the hotel... might be better value than more stuff to just be boxed...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Shopping fulfills several needs, yes compulsion is one. Necessity is another. From hose to makeup, we need certain things.
    Shopping is also very validating, we go and search the racks and put outfits together and discover our particular style and fit. I get lost in my thoughts as I'm looking at cloths and finding something nice and getting happy because its my size...cool! I'm having fun and doing something that I enjoy.
    I enjoy shopping for those reasons. If I find nothing then I'll go another time to another store.

Yes many SA's have helped me locate a particular item, suggested a blouse or skirt, I guess that is outing myself, as they usually figure out that the items are for me. Another form of validation.

Men's clothing is boring! Just pants and shirts, shorts and tee's. Boring.
    Suits are stylish and nice to wear. Mine are all custom tailored European slim fit styles. I was fitted recently for a new suit. As the SA was doing my measurements he commented on my slender figure and how well the suit would look on me. He was right.

Teresa you need to get beyond the struggle and decide what is practical and what is only feeding the need. According to many posts here, crossdressing can be like a drug. Only another 'fix' will satisfy that urge for a while until the novelty wears off and we start looking again.
    Coupled with the anxiety of living in a DADT situation, you will only make things worse. BTW I'm in the same boat as you are.

My thoughts,
    Carmen
    "Missed it by that much!"

I set a monthly budget and stick to it. If I spend under my allotted amount one month, I allow myself to "make up" for it the next month. Before I would binge....then feel guilty. This month I'm not spending a dime 'cause I have something extra special in mind I wanna get next month. :-)

I usually buy these days out of necessity, like the other day, I came away with all winter clothing and I needed a light top to wear in the heat at the moment.

The DADT and then being offered clothing is an enigma I have suffered on occasions, gives me a false sense of security and makes me think there have been advances.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa, Retail therapy is the best kind of therapy.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No it not just you, my wife will say why do you need another top, you have three just like that but in different color. She right, I have to pull my self back, all the time, or I would have a dozen new wardrobes. I heard the song the other day by Kellie Picker, Red high heels. Beside being stuck in my head, all I can thing about is getting a pair of red high heel.

For me Tinkerbell nailed it. Shopping and cding go hand in hand. I love to shop....every city I enter I know where all the thrift shops are. I make a stop at each one. If I find something I like, I purchase it, but at a fraction of the cost of new. I am not out much money, but my urge to shop is satisfied. I do the same at department stores too, but I stay away from the big ticket items.

I'm not married, so I have no clue how to address the DADT policy.

Reality Check
    Urges are in your mind. You need to learn to control them if they become a problem.