Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the phenomenon for early crossdressing?

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    To Gwen55,

What astonishing clarity you have about those early experiences. I found your post very moving, thank you for sharing those memories. I had been quietly wondering how many of us heard, consciously or perhaps unconsciously, our mothers say they wanted a girl. My own mother has said this several times, though I know how deeply she loves me, how proud she is of me- I'm an only child, so she never did get to play dress-up-the-girlie as she would have liked. Did/does part of me want to make 'mummy' happy in that regard? I don't think I ever had any experiences like yours in infancy, where you and your mother had such an open dialogue about the subject, but all the same I do wonder about my unconscious motivations. Your mother sounds like a peach!

xNikki

This is the age old question for us CDers. I was raised in a family of females with three sisters who dressed me at a very young age. I remember my Father telling me to pull up my pants like a man rather than the way I was doing it which apparently was the way girls did it. Did it mean anything; who knows?

Mom never said she wished I'd been a girl. But she did often say she would have loved to have had a little girl to dress up (I was an only child, not by her choice). And when I was young and cute I got a lot of "too bad he wasn't a girl" remarks from relatives and her friends. Did she ever dress me up? If she did I have no memory of it. Years later when I first crossdressed it was her stuff I got into, many, many, many times. I can't believe I was that good at putting her stuff back perfectly every single time. She HAD to have known, but nothing was ever said. Guilt? I'll never know.
    Last edited by BarbDriscoll; 11-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I never really liked early crossdressing. That meant setting the alarm early and crawling out of bed way too early in the morning. So a couple of snips and a tuck or two and all I have to do is roll out of bed and get dressed. Of course I am not crossdressing anymore. Oh well, works for me.
    I hear we're supposed to turn our clocks back an hour tonight. Those that forget may be crossdressing too early!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I was asked when I began thinking or wanting to do just recently by my wife. I'm not really sure. I have always enjoyed looking at womens clothing, especially the panties and lingerie. I guess seeing that it was "unexceptable" in my era of youth just never pushed forward to express. Have been open with wife for short period, and just told my son ( so if the robe opens and wearing hot pink panty and bra, he doesn't go into shock) I really wish I would have done so years earlier, to perhaps have enjoyed for longer time. The wife made a comment that " I have looked really happy lately" and wonder if letting it out to her is the reason. However I truly believe we cannot live in the past and wonder what may have been, so for now just going to enjoy the new found freedom!!
    Who I am is not what I wear, it just makes me look and feel better.

Banned Read only
    Every Human on the planet is the product of Nature PLUS Nurture to some degree and all CDers are Humans. The evidence for this [at this site alone] is overwhelming to anyone who actually takes the time to read other's responses.

Another big piece of the puzzle for many plain ol CDers rarely discussed for whatever reason, is failed/frustrating Relationships.

It's not complicated.

And endless obfuscation over when someone started is irrelevant given the mountain of evidence that supports the obvious.

I remember when I was around 6/7 my mum would dress me on the odd occasion, she didn't work so had time on her hands. Even then I remember enjoying it and been exploring it ever since!

One of my earliest memories is of seeing my mother and aunt walking around my grandparent's house in their nylon panties and bras. I must have been about 3-4 years old. Then I remember going into my mother's drawer and putting on her panties. She caught me but laughed it off. I have always been very into tactile experiences...I love those soft blankets with the satin ribbon around the edge. I used to rub my hand around the ribbon just to feel the texture of the satin. There is nothing more tactile than lingerie on your skin. I have been fascinated with women's clothing and lingerie every since those first experiences way back when. I have cross dressed to one degree or another for over 45 years and have worn lingerie exclusively since 1988 and women's jeans exclusively since 2003. It's just something that is normal for me to do. The thought of wearing tight whites is just awful in fact I do not own any Jockeys any more, only panties. I have well over 500 pairs but that's another story. I believe that we are born with a predisposition to cross dress and then certain circumstances or feelings trigger the behavior. Then it all just progresses based on how strong the feelings are and the ability of the person to express those feelings. I have been very lucky in that my HS girlfirend knew and was supportive and my SO has been incredibly supportive over the past 27 years. BTW I was "all boy" growing up playing with GI Joe's and sports in school.

It is often wrongly assumed that a person chooses to be transgender and one day decides they want to live the remainder of their life as transgender .This couldn't be further from the truth. Transgender is established sometime during pregnancy, probably in the first three months and certainly well before an individual is able to make a choice.

Genetics is the branch of science that deals with how you inherit physical and behavioural characteristics - including genetic and inherited medical conditions - Crossdressing is not genetic.

San Francisco Bay Area/East Bay Contra Costa
    Each has there own story to share, and I for sure have asked myself the question why and how my cross dress interested started? I don't have the answer for sure or why I had such an early fetish and attached object of obsession.

Everything about my childhood seemed very normal from my boy interests and hobbies, I think. I was all boy with a passion for cars and baseball. I loved building model cars and playing baseball. Baseball trophies all over my room and many with NVP on them. I even went on to play some semi-pro baseball.

But going back to my childhood, I did have this very deep secret I kept very well hidden and deeply guarded since I was oh so so young. My love, addiction, maybe even an obsession with women's fine nylon stockings; the slips, girdles, garters and high heels all soon added to the passion. I could never understand or begin to explain why or what I was feeling. Of course I was also very embarrassed about my nylon fetish, but even more so a deep feeling of guilt attached to it. For sure I was the only boy in the world with the thoughts and feelings I was having. Sex was never discussed in my home and back in that era there was no other form of communication other than home or friends talking about stuff at school.
    I first remember at age 6 after school I would stay over the neighbors house until my mother picked me up after working. They had two girls that went to an all girls school and wore tights with their uniform. I would have to change out of my nice school clothes into my after school play clothes. During my changing I would be alone in one of the girls bedroom and always quickly slip on a pair of her tights I would find laying around after they had changed, I just had to feel and see how they looked on me. So I guess that counts as my first CD exploring but it was not yet sexual in any way or at least I don't think...

But at the age of 12 I was struggling with deep fetish passion for my mothers nylon stockings, garters and high heels. An at that age it was pure sexual excitement. My dressing was strictly limited to time in the bathroom where my mother always kept her nylons hanging. Never enough time behind that locked bathroom door to fully enjoy my fetish for those nylons, and really only added deep unexplained frustration to it all for me.

That was also the age and first time I was ever able to stay home all alone not feeling well for school one day. Till this day I still never forget that incredible rush of anticipation waiting for everyone to leave the house and finally being all alone for hours. When I heard the garage door close and my mother drive off to work I was literally shaking with excitement as I entered my mothers bedroom, and my heart pounding so hard in my chest I could hardly catch my breath. It was not long I was finally standing in front of my mothers full-length mirror and seeing my reflection....Ultra sheer long RHT nylons, open bottom girdle and her highest stiletto heels she owned. An incredible day of pure fetish bliss which really started it all for me.

So about 6 I was already exploring cross dress, but not till i was 12 do I really connect my start of cross dressing as it then for sure turned form just curious and exploring, to deep fetish, need, and want to present day.

Just another shared experience and thought, hope I did not run on to long...

I started dressing enfemme between the ages of 6-8. I really admired my moms look and I wanted to emulate her style and look. Today I copy her look down to the cat's eye frames. She was a brunette I usually am not.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    When I was really young, probably before ten, I tried on my mother's full slips she dried in the sole bathroom in the apartment. I loved the feel of the nylon. It was unlike any of the fabrics I wore as a boy. I have never had any desires to be a girl/woman. Sometimes I think I went all the way with wig, makeup, hosiery, undergarments, outerwear because it does not make sense as a guy to wear women's clothing and appear as a guy.

My wife believes many people have lived past lives. That's my fall back position if anyone ever questions my cross dressing. I must have been a woman in my most recent past life. Next time around, just make me a little shorter- maybe 5 foot seven!

I really don't know but in my case, I think it was simply a Pavlovian response. Panties = mystery. So, check them out. Sister's or mom's - did not matter. Hmm, put them on = excitement. Excitement = release - AAAHHH!. Repeat, repeat. Wow, here's something new - a bra! = more excitement. Repeat. Something new, a slip = more excitement. Repeat. Add another garment, add another look etc. repeat. Later on, the thrill became the taboo of buying that next garment and wearing it. Still is because I love to shop and reward myself with the new look.