Thread: At day's end....

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

At day's end....

Is it just me or it completely gross removing the days makeup. It all goes on so well and looks so good but at the end of the day.... SCARY MESS and a scary sight.

Just thought I'd make that comment.

Cheers all.... Jennifer

Ummm, I noticed that. Looks good for a while, but not so good after a few hours.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Yea, it gets to that point where you either "redo" or "remove" :P
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer-GWN View Post
    It all goes on so well and looks so good but at the end of the day.... SCARY MESS and a scary sight.
    Well, you wanted the 'real girl' experience, right? That's one of them. Work so hard to look good, and then clean up the mess at night. Rinse, lather, repeat every single day.....just one female experience that I could just as easily do without....and get an extra hour of sleep.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm only good for about 8-10 hours before the stubble starts coming through. So, it needs to be done if I want to continue.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Why does makeup look so good when you first put it on, and a few hours later, it seems every line and wrinkle has widened and opened up?

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Just another day in girlie paradise.

It has taking me some time to learn how to remove my makeup in a gentle way. For some reason i used rub my face raw especially trying to get the eyeliner and mascara off .These days i am much easier on my face .
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    The only way around this problem is to be blessed with little or light beard growth and skin like a cherub. I look like Fred Flintstone even after shaving so my face suffers when shaving and cleaning off my makeup. Oh well, looking on the positive side, you get to look good twice in a day if you redo the makeup.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I think that I still don't look too bad at the end of the day. A benefit of getting older is that the beard gets lighter and grayer so it doesn't show through if I did a good job shaving.
    I also learned from experience that using a little concealer to cover the trouble spots and a very thin layer (or two) of foundation keeps the cracks from forming. Just like spackle two thin coats are better that a thick coat.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Day's end is the easy part...Tina takes a shower!

It's the middle of the day that's the issue. If I'm awake in the early a.m., I can't make it to 11pm without clearing off the makeup in mid afternoon for a shave. I guess I could take a shower at that point but it just seems easier to go the makeup removal route, shave, and then put it all back on. Outside of the make-up remover needed for around my eyes, the rest comes off with a soapy washcloth, so it's really no big deal on my end. Then shave cream, and then back to toner, primer, eyes, foundation, eyebrows, power, blush, bronzer, wig, lip gloss, and we're good to go!

Just another thing to add to our "now we know what GG's go through" list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

The difference in "I'm going to bed now".

In drab, 10 mins - en femme, 30 mins.

So maybe there's an upside to it not being every day.

All women look like Halloween characters each night before bed.

That is why we cross dress, isn't it?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    With the laser beard reduction, I find I reach critical fail at about hour 13 (tested in my cross Canada milk run flight from Ottawa to Victoria and points in between). The laser treatments have subdued most of the Grizzly Adams beard growth but the stubble still comes through by hour 13. I tend to use concealer first and two light layers of foundation so cracks tend not to be an issue but I still have to powder during the day as my skin is naturally oily and the foundation can get very shiny. I told my wife about this and she said the "fade and slide" of make-up is just part of the experience . . . so enjoy

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    I also learned from experience that using a little concealer to cover the trouble spots and a very thin layer (or two) of foundation keeps the cracks from forming. Just like spackle two thin coats are better that a thick coat.
    Nikki, I am glad that I am not the only one that uses spackle to cover this old face and of course you have to sand between coats and have to be careful with the putty knife around the eyes
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead