Thread: Wednesday's FIRST Halloween!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar

Talking Wednesday's FIRST Halloween!!!

OHMAGOSH! FRIENDS!!!

I've been away SO LONG! I'm terribly sorry... Life has been CRAY-ZEEE!! I teach college anatomy, and was offered another class at the last minute, so I have been busting my hump just to stay caught up. Now, at mid term, I am SLIGHTLY ahead.

WINNING!

At long last, Halloween is finally upon us!!! HOORAY!! Ironically, I have never dressed en femme for what is my most favorite holiday of the year. It just never worked out. Through high school I was DEEP in the closet. During college, except for my club life, I was still pretty secretive about Wednesday. The year I was a full time grrl, I missed out on Halloween due to depression and family stuff. Then, there was that long stretch of time that I spent trying to cure myself – So, this year is Wednesday's first ever Halloween!! Naturally, it had be EPIC.

September and I planned out our costumes months ago: Day of the Dead inspired Sugar Skulls!! We found these dresses online that are in the Lolita style, which is a “Victorian doll” type of look initially popularized by J-pop culture. They're all ruffles and ribbons and bows... SUPER cute!! I had been working on making hair accessories and researching makeup designs (squeezed into whatever free time I could scrape together, haha) and was ready to go by the time october rolled around.

This was actually LAST Saturday, as Columbus has it's big Halloween party (highball) the week before. Mostly, because by the end of October, it's pretty frickin' cold here. This weekend however, was a delightful 50 degrees. Perfect fall weather!

Makeup took about 2-2 ½ hours each get done, but in the end it was worth it! This year, the event was extended to 2 days (fri/sat), but with our schedules, we opted to just do one night... couture costume fashion show, drag performances, food trucks and TONS of people, AH-mazing costumes!!!

I think we must have nailed our look, as we were constantly posing for photo ops.

These are pics of the wig I modified, and some shots I wanted to share of what was a fantastic, fun-filled night!!

Anyone else going all out??? Either way, I hope your Halloween is equally as lovely and FAB!!

xox

20141025_201842.jpg
    Set and ready to go!!

20141025_231251.jpg
    Me and another DÃ*a de Muertos devotee. (pic used with permission)

20141025_212516.jpg
    First photo op of the night...

20141026_001535.jpg
    September and I out for drinks and a quick snack.

20141026_024440.jpg
    Shameless selfie!
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 10-29-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Had a thought. Went with it.
    "I'm a work in progress..."