Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Crossdressing Be Caused By A Virus?

Could Crossdressing Be Caused By A Virus?

Recently, Dr. Robert Yolken and colleagues published a study in which people who tested positive for a chlorovirus, ATCV-1, seemingly showed changes in mental behavior (click here for article).

Could a virus be responsible for crossdressing?

Hgs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It's possible. There are lots of possibilities when it comes the the human brain.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    Well, there is some evidence that toxoplasmosis affects the brains of mice and people...it actually causes both to be strangely attracted to cat urine.

Of course CDing is a good deal more complex... And one might expect epidemiological evidence showing outbreaks of CDing coincident with the flu
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What a thought...! But am I thinking it, or the colony of bacteria nestling inside my nasal cavity...

Looking at the article, I see the sample was wholly from Baltimore residents, so I think we should leave it to one of our own Baltimore natives to comment on whether there's something else at play here...

If there is a virus responsible for this it'll be something like... Stilletococcus virus... or.. Pantiebola...

On a serious note some scientists do believe we should be considered more of a colony species rather than an individual animal, but wouldn't it be weird if tiny things inside us were having more of an impact than we realise...? Kind of like the microbe version of 'Being John Malkovich'... or maybe it's just like the movie... I hear a martini calling my name before I overthink that one!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

wow katey, the tiny things inside us you refer too, probably explains the
    strange voices i hear coming from within..."put down the hammer, pick up the purse"
    paula

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    If there is a virus responsible for this it'll be something like... Stilletococcus virus... or.. Pantiebola...
    Finally there's a medical diagnosis for my condition- pantiebola!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-31-2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Excessive quote trimmed

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    x
    Katey,

Thanks, I needed a laugh!!! Think I'm going to undergo a 21 day self imposed quarantine due to pantibola!!!

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Well I have definitely been exposed to Stilletococcus then...

pantibola, I love it, only you Katey!! xoxoxox Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

I think that was a group of politicians, then once they're elected to office they blame the ACTV-1 virus in the water,
    but if a virus is responsible I hope it's cditus, spurred on by stilettococcus.......I hope they don't find a cure....
    Last edited by mykell; 10-30-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    Come on now, you know it is Alien influences that cause crossdressing!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Interesting article for sure and as some have said here so little is know about the human brain, it's an amazing sophisticated part of us. It's really the nerve center of everything we do and are
    I'm sure thats why it's so difficult to explain any of what we in this group do and deal with.
    We are truly all unique

Darn it Katey, you beat me to it... I was going good to say " prettious fabulousis
    Denise

We have enough youth - how about a fountain of smart......

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Unfortunately I seem to have a nasty case of Thighhydrovirus!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My contribution to this deep, penetrating discussion is: "vagirus".
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

So which one turns us in to cross dressing Jedi?
    My wife and daughters haven't caught it yet, they still dress like girls
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

If it's a virus then it's been around a long, long time and it's surprising that it's only infect a small percentage of the world population by now.
    If it is genetic on the other hand then I would consider it a mutation that is advancing the race, bringing it to a higher level of understanding and enlightenment.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I rarely catch a cold or the flu thankfully .But some how i caught this and it will not go away and im pretty sure there is no crossdressing vaccine .So for those of us who have caught this take 2 aspirin and dress up in the morning
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a study with only 33 subjects doesn't mean anything. It *might* be worth a 100x larger study, though.

Womeningitis perhaps?
    So if it is caused by a virus one might assume there could be a cure imminent.........oh no!
    Luv
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Come on now, you know it is Alien influences that cause crossdressing!
    Or "witchcraft", if you ask certain people. Also: Demonic possession, The Devil's Influence, etc etc etc.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Now, here's the scary part: the virus mutates and spreads airborne across the world.

The next day, Bill O'Reilly in a skirt and heels on Fox News, dressed like all the women on there...

Yes, I can't picture that either without becoming seasick.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa

I had that virus last week but I got over it. Then I got it again and got over it. Now I have it again....
    Two Spirits

While anything is within the realm of possibility, probability is another thing entirely. However. Like all the other things that predispose us to crossdressing, I suppose that there just might be a virus that could do it. But it's far more likely that you're looking for zebras instead of horses. Kind of like thinking that the day, time and place you were born decides your fate through your entire life. You name an absurdity, and I guarantee, that somewhere, someone will be a true believer in it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

If a virus caused my x-dressing, I'M GLAD!!!!!!! I hope I catch the one that causes me to transition!!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"