A word of caution!

Many here and many more not here think that Halloween is the safe time to dress.

When I was younger and a group of us were joking about going to a Halloween dance someone suggested that we go as girls. I didn't say a word in favor of it, but everyone else thought it was funny and a great idea. The girl I had a date with didn't say much when I told her I was going as a nurse. I purchased all the clothes and when my mother and sisters saw me in the outfit they pointed out that I looked way too experienced wearing the outfit. So I changed costumes. My date mentioned at the party that I was originally going to come as a nurse. One of the girls who had known me told her that I wore women's clothes on a regular basis. It destroyed our relationship.

On another occasion not too long ago my wife and I were at a Halloween party at a friends home. One of the guys came as a screen siren. He looked convincing in his long slinky dress, hairless body, great makeup, and perfectly comfortable sashaying in his very high heals. Everyone complimented him oh how convincing he looked. One of the women asked his wife how she had gotten him ready. She responded, I didn't that is his thing! I caught it immediately and later a few others mentioned, Do you think he dresses up like a woman? He looks like he feels comfortable wearing those clothes.

What I'm saying is be careful about how you dress. I've gone to a party and been dressed as a woman but made it obvious that I wasn't one. If I went to one now with so many knowing I wear women's clothes, the only thing that someone would say is, I thought you were going to wear a costume!