Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gotten tired of it

gotten tired of it

being able to dress when ever I want to I have gotten tired of it. I don't know how women do it. It's a PIA, the stockings, bras, dress, shoes, makeup, wig, shopping, etc. My god it's time consuming. So, I am going back to my man side for a while. Pants/shorts, shirt, boots and off I go. Quick and easy. I guess I am not a hard core CD anymore. But I may be back some day, who knows.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 11-03-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: removed word that is against the forum rules

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    There is a definite price of being a woman, and I mean that on more then a monetary level.

If it feels good, do it, Paula... If it doesnt feel good, dont do it.

Like everything else, if you are free to do it enough then the new wears off. When I started I had to have everything girly from heels to full makeup to sparkly dresses and beyond. After having had the chance to dress often as I like, I now prefer the simple skirts and blouses and cute comfy shoes. Wig and forms usually, but rarely any makeup beyond lipstick. That said, I continue to dress, just not elaborately so.

Paula,
    Some of us are enticed by the forbidden fruit aspect and when you get the opportunity to engage freely in dressing the challenge is not there.

It is something you can always come back to at some other time if you desire.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It sounds like you had a goal to dress 24/7, but maybe that wasn't the real goal. This brief respitmight be a good chance to put your femme self into perspective in order to redefine those goals. It's a very good thing to do regularly.

Crossdresser
    I especially like that third essential male item, or more specifically what goes with it. Probably the second half of your name.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paula1911 View Post
    So, I am going back to my man side for a while. Pants/shorts, shirt, boots and off I go.
    Jealous! I always wear make up and style my hair....Every. Single. Day. I fear it was indoctrinated into me by all the female members of my family when I was young and impressionable (and probably because I was a Tomboy kid and they wanted to redirect me, lol) and now I swear I feel naked without it even when wearing sweat pants and running shoes! So enjoy your man time. I wish I could spend a little time there myself!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 11-03-2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: removed word that was removed from OP

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Paula, i guess for some people dressing is like the ultimate taboo where society tells you can't do something so you really want to do it. If you have the ultimate freedom to dress all the time but don't I wouldn't stress over it. Yes it can be hard work

Quote Originally Posted by paula1911 View Post
    being able to dress when ever I want to I have gotten tired of it. I don't know how women do it. It's a PIA, the stockings, bras, dress, shoes, makeup, wig, shopping, etc. My god it's time consuming.
    For some of us, the process is an affirmation of what we feel ourselves to be. Spending all that time and effort trying to look and feel female is part of what makes us feel good about ourselves. How do women do it? Well, how do you go to work every day, facing hard work and competition to get ahead in the workplace? You dedicate 8 hours a day minimum, five days a week, then you go out on the weekends and play golf with your boss and have to compliment him on his game, while successfully letting him win even though in reality you could easily trounce him, but you've mastered the acting bit about being the lesser golfer so he'll like you and maybe even promote you. How do you do it? It's a PIA. Wearing a work specific outfit, sucking up to the boss, lying to your competitors, subordinates, employees, all to get ahead and make a few more bucks, always under pressure to be more successful. How do men do it, all that constant pressure to succeed, prove yourselves ambitious above all the other men. How on earth do you do it. My god, it's time consuming isn't it.

Doesn't matter which sex you are. Life isn't easy for either of us. It's just....different.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ha ha yup....it is hard to do everyday ...it can be exausting, i will go a week or 2 at a time in girl mode but by day 3 or 4 i'm like ok...i have to get ready again???...it's hard work to do everyday. And people wonder why some days i will just wear sweatpants and girlie sneakers, or comfy leggings. If you only dress once a month its easy to explode into pink fairy dust.....do it for an extended period of time...and comfort begins to rule the day. Today will be my first time dressing in 3 weeks.....2 showers just to shave my head, beard,and arms...i let them grow for three weeks LOL. it will probably take 4 or 5 hours to get back in the swing..eyebrows etc.....guy mode i get lazy.But it is good to be a guy sometimes. Then its beer and burger time....
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 11-03-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: today

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    If you only dress once a month its easy to explode into pink fairy dust.....
    Hey! I represent that remark!!!

Paula - perhaps this is something you just need to dip into once in a while... I think many of us are very part-timers - I haven't gone back since my outing of nearly a month ago, and once or twice a month is probably enough for me. Don't feel like this is something you have to do or that the forum here sets the baseline for behaviour - it definitively does NOT!

It helps to remember that forums like these are largely populated by the folk who are MOST enthusiastic about their little passion... Of course the ones that post the most are generally the ones that have something to post about - they do more and they want to share it.. Nothing wrong with that, but it sometimes gives the impression that this is the way this thing is supposed to be, when there is truly no right or wrong - just whatever makes you, as an individual, feel comfortable...

For me, I truly can't be putting any effort into looking like a girl on her day-off (no offence, comfortable girls.. ) - for me it just has to be that infrequent explosion of pink fairy dust... you just need to find your own comfort zone...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Balance and perspective. Two words that have a lot to do with how we handle this 'pass time'.
    Some of us forget to exercise this from time to time and then the excrement is projected into the rotating blades.
    Good luck dude
    Amanda

Hi Paula,

This is probably something a lot -- if not all -- of us have gone through (see recent posts). Time will tell if you will go back to it. My hunch is that the urge is always there, even if we bury it deep. Yes, it is a bother. I recently went to my new dentist for an early AM appointment and told the receptionist how much I now appreciate what it takes for women to get ready in the morning. She said "You probably don't know the half of it."

I now find that I spend less time dealing with makeup and fussing over my looks than I used to. Just enough so that I am presentable and the beard doesn't show too much. But hon, for me it is worth the trouble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Good for you! I also get fed-up with this "Look at me, I'm so girly!" nonsense every once in a while. You're a dude: Embrace it!

Gone to live my life
    Paula as others have said it is about balance. Your "femme" side has become saturated and now your "boy" side needs time to be out in the world. Take your time and should you choose to return as Paula again . . . we will be here.

Hugs

Isha

Now you realize why many women dress more comfortably these days. Welcome to the practicality club.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi .

You dont know how... WE.... do it , well depends on what you wear , Im in skirts allmost every day and i do not take long to get dressed , 15 min,s makeup is lippy and eye brow liner only ,

a skirt singlet a top and my jacket shoes or boots earings neckless maybe my watch socks or tights and head wear my scarve done as like a turbin and thats it really , and most days are the same. if im going out on Sundays or a do ill dress with something a little nicer as i did to day and got some lovely comments from my friends as i dressed up a bit, summer/ spring weather.

well was a lovely sunny day so a walk about was the order of the day ,

i could do like many other women do and not bother be in jeans and well why bother any way type of look , I like to look nice i have the body shape size and height weight and look right ,

I wont say about my face as i normaly do because that seems to be another hormonal change i have going on . its taken years to come to this place and so is pretty good,

So this is how i do it and this of cause is where we are different you can take it or leave it ,

...noeleena...

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy, I enjoy every minute that I'm dressed.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    There's no rule that sys you have to dress as a woman every so many days to continue your membership.

I do think you are making it so difficult that it's not worth the trouble to you. Not all women wear stockings and makeup every day. I am up and dressed for around the house in twenty minutes or so. As for shopping, once you have your stuff there's no need to continue to shop unless you want to.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Paula, for a cder it is a bit more work. Remember besides looking nice, we must also hide the guy. The thing to remember is natural, not all women wear pantyhose, dresses and heels everyday, heck alot never dress that way. Try casual, a nice pair of jeans, a pullover and some light make up. You will be suprised how good you feel and a lot less effort.
    Erica

Platinum Member
    Everyone has different motivations and they change over time. It's perfectly understandable. For me,meeting dressed is never a chore or a PIA..so I guess I'll be doing it for a good long while to come.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hey Paula, It's natural and healthy for the pink tide to ebb and flow, high and low. I've been cross-crossdressing as a dude my whole life.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    no worries. i'll cover CD'ing for anyone who needs a break.

you'll get full credit for it. ♥

i have big crystal vases full of pink fairy dust i need to use up.

lol!

Silver Member
    It is a lot of effort to go out enfemme since to do that you need all those things to be presentable but that isn't true for GG's. They can pick their spot on the appearance scale from day to day (granted work may require a lot of effort) and generally be supported. I read an article in a fashion mag about how a GG should pull off the boyfriend...look, and it said buy a men's blazer, or shirt and if they will fit you even try a pair of men's shoes. Pair them with a softer purse handbag to soften the look if they want to?
    I know that if my segment of society was really acceptable to me dressing in some guy and some women's clothes on a regular basis I would skip the enfemme route almost entirely. I do the enfemme blend/pass thing out of what I strongly feel is a necessity to move about the cabin freely.

Enjoy the break and we look forward to your happy return when it feels right for you.