Thread: first time shopping enfemme

first time shopping enfemme

So last night I knew I was taking today off. So I painted my fingernails and enjoyed the evening. I got up this morning and dressed again to enjoy the day. Around 3:00 I was getting restless and wanted to go shopping. Its hard to get out of where I live but I decided it's my life. I took my makeup off shaved and put my makeup back on. By 4:30 it was now or later, so I grabbed my purse and out I went. Got to the entrance and out of the corner of my eye I see my landlord waving. I ignored him and kept driving.
    My first stop was Catos, a good store for us bigger girls. I'm 6'3", and with 4" heels let's just say I'm taller than most girls. I dressed in an outfit I bought there in guy mode. When I got there it was kinda busy but I was SHOPPING! I went in and nobody even turned around. I looked thru the clothes for a while but didn't see anything, I already bought 2 dresses there. The SA came up and asked if I needed help and showed me the clearance rack. Very friendly. She said " nice outfit". I said " I wonder where I got it?" She knew and smiled. I looked at jewelry next and picked a few things out, went to the counter and a young SA was very nice and rang me up. She came around the counter real professional like and handed me my purchase and said have a nice day. As I turned to walk away the first SA raised her voice and said " have a good night! " I stopped on a dime as feminine as I could and said " thank you, you too". I walked out of the store and made my way to the car. As I got there I turned and looked in the store and a shopper was looking at me. I hope I was shaking my rear end to her satisfaction.
    next stop was Lane Bryant to see an SA who knows me by shopping there in guy mode. I walked in and she looked up and saw me and got excited. That was awesome! She was with another customer but as I walked by she whispered " you looked really nice". Wow did that make it all worth while. After a few minutes she came and found me, in the bras again, and was so excited. I told her I needed to come by as it was my first time shopping as Tia. We chatted a few minutes and then I said sell me a bra. How could I not? LOL. She even went in the back and brought out some that were not for sale yet! I picked one out and paid for my purchase and we said our goodbye's.
    Last stop was rite aid for a bottle of wine. SA was all chatty and never batted an eye. As I went out to my car a young man pulled up as I was getting in my car. He watched me but I was real graceful. When he got out he didn't even look back.
    I got back home and to the house without being noticed, I think. What a wonderful experience and of course I can't wait for next time!

Life is good sometimes, sounds like a very nice outing. And SA's that remember you are great.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Nicely done - congrats!

Amazing story! I enjoyed the ride just by reading through it!

Tia,
    Shopping does become inectious from now on.
    It is nice that you had a resounding success.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Must have been thrilling--now that you've done it, I'll bet that there will be many more shopping trips. Nancy

Wow! That's great. I don't know but I sure it must take a lot of courage to walk out the door dressed. Thanks for telling us about that great experience.

Platinum Member
    Even us tall girls can look nice, present well and have a great time out in the real world!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gone to live my life
    Hi Tia and congrats on your first shopping trip "en femme". It can be a bit daunting but once you get out you soon find your zone and things calm.

Hugs

Isha

Tia, That is a great story and thanks for sharing. I am so glad it went so smoothly

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Sounds like a great experience! I want to do that someday but considering I still weird going shopping in boy mode, I probably have a little while to go before I'm OK with it. I'm so happy you had a great experience.

Good outing thanks for sharing

enjoyed traveling along with you.. gives us all a little more courage to try the same!
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

tia,
    So glad to hear that you got out & had a marvelous time. Fun story!

PM me sometime when you have a chance...

Hugs..
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Congratulations! Nice to encounter some of those SA's who knew you and reacted positively, eh? Keep on shopping!

Good to here! Very new to this so yet to do it myself

Thanks girls for the replys. I hope all who haven't ventured out will just do it! It's your life and you should enjoy the experience.
    Hugs to all,
    Tia

Hi Tia, its experiences (and posts) like yours that gave me the courage to go out dressed on Halloween night. I didn't go as far as you did, and don't look anywhere near passing, but it was a very promising experience.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds like a great time Tia, it will get easier now

What a great outcome. I wish I were as brave to venture out into the world as a woman. Unfortunately, I would be discovered as a male pretender at once.

It's an amazing thrill, isn't it! You feel such freedom to shop as you want for what you want. And then when you get home you are already planning your next trip. Good for you, girl!

Angela xx

Well done! I'm finding it easier every time I go out and haven't run into a bad SA yet.
    It's an amazing thrill isn't it.

Hugs Brenda

So glad you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
    Best wishes on your future outings.
    Di

What a great experience. I have never shopped en femme but last weekend had great experiences at both Lane Bryant and Torrid here in the East Bay. Both SA's knew I was shopping for myself and they were so friendly and helpful. They were practically throwing stuff at me to try on in the store. It was amazing. I am hooked and may be brave enough to go out dressed one day to the mall.

Congrats!!! 😉😉😉 A so amazing feeling hanging out 😉😉😉😉
    Il n'y a rien qui vous rend plus heureux que la liberté d'être vous-même et être honnête avec vous aussi.