I have a very close friend that I work with. We usually will get lunch together at least once a week depending on how busy things are. Since getting to know her, I feel that telling her wouldn't necessarily impact our friendship. I have almost told her a couple of times during lunch but never had the chance. I told my fiancé that I was thinking about telling my friend about it and her reply was "Why?" She brought up some valid concerns and she really is looking out for my best interest. My friend works in the same department as I do and we know and talk to a lot of the same people. If telling her backfired, I could lose a great friend but also make work extremely uncomfortable. I don't think she would ever betray my trust but if it were to come out to others, I definitely wouldn't be happy about it. I guess the point of this is why do some of us feel the need to tell all the important people in our lives? I guess it depends on the situation. Sometimes I just wish I could get it all out there to the people who matter the most to me so I can finally be myself all the time but I know realistically, that isn't going to happen. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have had positive and negative experiences. Feel free to share, I would appreciate it.