Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gotten tired of it

Silver Member
    You should always be comfortable and confident in whatever you choose to wear Paula! BTW, CDing is a part of who you are, and will NEVER go away. Enjoy.

Yup, it is all about balance. Some times it is nice to go the whole nine yards with a nice dress etc. Other times, jeans and top, depending what the occasion calls for. After a while, you get good at it. I can be ready, make up, hair and all in 30 minutes, so not much effort for me as it used to be. For me, I like it, but that is just me.

Erin

P.S. Katey, LOVE the new avatar! So CUTE!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Makes sense to me just take a break and wear what you want.
    I can dress anytime as well but don't go all out femme everyday mostly a mix.
    Having a balance is a good thing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Paula, I believe u have defined the main difference between CD's and TS's. We CD's wish to look like the ideal woman in our minds. When we dress we want to go all the way. No matter the discomfort or effort involved. TS's r satisfied to resemble regular women. And, like to be comfortable to doing it.

Personally? After concentrating on dressing up for 6 Halloween events in 10 days and my bedroom looking like an explosion in a costume store, I'm not likely to dress again until Xmas!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have to agree with Paula I have days I could care less about dressing. Then some days all the stars align and bam I want to spend hours dressed to the max. I enjoy my male time this time of year ( deer hunting season in Texas) I hunted three days with just wranglers and hunting rubber boots on. This morning I get up and since it was chilly outside I put on my panty hose under my wranglers. I've found they keep you warm so male underdressing or being common sensed. I came in and thought since I already have my hose on, think I'll dress in a skirt while I fix lunch and eat. No makeup just a "T" shirt and hose house shoes and a skirt. I think the balance thing discussed thus far is the way I like it. Who knows what I might wake up and decide tomorrow. I might wake up and be in a feminine mood and dress in my mini, heels and garters, plus forms. I say let your heart lead you and let your inner person say hey I'm glad I'm male or I'm glad I've got the fog today. I'm thinking maybe us men have mood swings as much as women. My wife dresses every morning for work but on her days off she looks more like me in my "T " shirts and house shoes. Take some time off and see if the urge hits and ever how strong the urge is pursue it to that degree.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by paula1911 View Post
    It's a PIA, the stockings, bras, dress, shoes, makeup, wig, shopping, etc. My god it's time consuming.
    OMG, is a statement like this even allowed on a CD forum?

It's ok Paula, nobody said you can't be him sometimes too. Most CDs that I know I see and meet in drab mode most of the time. Just be you and dress when you like. Just don't show up at the club without dressing one way or another!

You only need to go the whole nine yards if you are going out. I spent a good part of the summer walking in the woods, in a thong, sandals, and a short sundress. No need for makup or wig out in the forest. Even around the house, less is best!

Silver Member
    Good luck, Paula. No need to say good-bye or explain anything. This forum should be fun, or helpful, not a PIA. But you can always come back and be welcomed.

I always wonder why people feel they need to say goodbye when they are bored or disinterested. But so many do.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda L. View Post
    Balance and perspective. Two words that have a lot to do with how we handle this 'pass time'.
    Some of us forget to exercise this from time to time and then the excrement is projected into the rotating blades.
    Love the way you put this. lol

To Paula, it seldom fails in this part of the forum … when a CDer has no more constraints, then some things just get worked out and the dire, constant need to dress dissipates.

There can be all sorts of constraints, both external and internal. The biggest external constraint for many people is a non-accepting spouse. But if she is supportive, then other external constraints might be having young children about, or the time spent on the job, or parents/other family members living nearby and constantly dropping in, etc.

Even if there are no external barriers, some CDers impose their own internal constraints on themselves. They may feel the need to suppress themselves for fear of rocking the boat with a supportive wife or with other people. Or they may still be living with a remnant of guilt, the feeling that they "shouldn't" do this, they shouldn't want to do this.

But when ALL constraints are removed and have been removed for awhile, usually there is a return to balance. Sadly, sometimes a divorce needs to occur before this will happen.
    Reine

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    I dunno... The procedure is just as much fun as the end result. I never feel like the time consumed while doing makeup and getting dressed is ever a PIA. I love every minute of it.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

hi i was like you .so i purged every thing. and went completly male. then i got the pink fog and stared buying everything backand went totoly female .still not happy.i made a post,and isha said when he dresses male he dresses all male and when he presents female he dresses all female. so he shares all his sides . thes made sence to me so thats what i do now and im much more pleased with myself because ive finely found balance.thank you isha . hugs lynda

Aspiring Member
    I believe our urge to cross-dress and the gratification we derive from it is largely due to the neurotransmitter, dopamine. However when we do the same thing over, and over, and over, well it causes our brain to fatigue and release less dopamine. Hence we find that going through periods of extensive cross-dressing makes it less of a thrill To raise our dopamine levels we need to either escalate our cross-dressing or undergo a period of no cross-dressing.

I would expect that if you purge and go drab for a while, you will eventually find that your cross-dressing desires will return.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hazel Lee View Post
    I dunno... The procedure is just as much fun as the end result. I never feel like the time consumed while doing makeup and getting dressed is ever a PIA. I love every minute of it.
    Same here! The fun starts when the transformation starts. I love watching it as it happens, and because of that, I take my time with it, usually taking about an hour and a half, not because it must take that long, but because I want it to take that long. It's the process, not just the result.
    We have seen similar complaints before ("Don't feel like it any more"). Most of us advise that the desire will come back. To me, the logic is somewhat twisted: "I'm a crossdresser and I should be crossdressing but I don't feel like it. What's wrong with me?" Instead, we are driven to crossdress (sometimes irrepressibly) and so we do. When other circumstances of life temporarily set aside the desire to crossdress, it should be nothing to fret about.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I was the same way, but you dont have to spend all that much time to look feminine.
    Since I discovered that a quick swipe of mascara, lipstick bra and forms are the basics.
    Of course you must shave your face but you would do that anyway.
    now there are girls shorts and tees, leggings, lots of cute tops and skirts, and flats.
    Yes you will need to do the leg shave but its not that much time, and if your not going out, you can go a few days without shaving.
    Look around at all the casual GG's out there and you'll see you can look wonderful with minimal effort.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

When my daughter took that job away from home and comes home a few days every two weeks, it was open season for dressing, but the problem is it was taking longer to clean up then the actual dressing itself. With that I was so tired of cleaning up I almost stopped dressing.