Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its Been A Little While

Its Been A Little While

So I'm sorry I've been away for a little while. I've been dealing with some stuff in my life that has really had me down. I'm much better now thanks to some friends who I hold very dear to my heart. They are absolutely wonderful and thanks to this forum, they walked into my life and my heart and I hope they are there to stay.

Just an update on my transition and some milestones that have me very excited...

Firstly, I am exclusively ma'amed now at work. No one ever calls me sir or uses male pronouns. For all intents and purposes, I am female. I even had a lady ask me about my ex-husband.....(was married to a GG.) It feels fantastic!! Life finally feels normal. It feels right.

For my milestones, I finally went to the restroom in the lady's room. I was terrified. I have been full time for 2 months now and always held it for fear of being clocked in either room. It was a terrible feeling. Well, one day, about 2 Sundays ago I was at a restaurant and had 1 too many glasses of water... Oh Crap... So I sat there for about 10 minutes in fear of what has to be done. I finally got up from the table, headed to the ladies room and went. I was terrified! The bathroom was busy, there were several women in there........ And not one of them looked at me any different than each other... Just breath....
    I did my business and got the heck out of there and spent the next 20 minutes trembling like a leaf. Milestone 1 down...

My second milestone was being gendered correctly even when I wasn't trying!! 2 days ago, I was enjoying my day off of work. I didn't bother with makeup, wig, shaving... Nothing. I was lounging around my house so there was no need. Well..... I started getting hungry.... I started craving taco bell... And dear God, when you start craving something while on HRT, it is a MUST HAVE!! Needless to say, I was headed to taco bell...
    I was wearing a tank top, a very unisex cardigan, and some jeans. No wig, no makeup, no shave.... Just me in my rawest of forms... I had every expectation to be gendered as male. I had mentally prepared for it and told myself I would not get upset. I pull up to the drive thru and the guy hands me my food and says, "here you go, have a wonderful night ma'am!"
    !!!!!! SUCCESS !!!!!!!

I'll post a picture of myself in the car from that adventure. I of course was blown away so I have to take a picture lol.

Anyways... Needless to say, things are finally looking up for me!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

All I see is a girl with no make-up on.. so well done!

How were the tacos?
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Thank you!! That means a lot. All I see is a guy.

self perception is a lot harder to change...
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Your looking good without makeup girl, I happy for you. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I transitioned when I was young (22). Now that you are getting properly gendered all the time things should become a piece of cake for you. By this time next year you won't even remember what it was like to be male.

I can't imagine anyone saying anything except, "Ma'am."

You not only look great, you also look confident. Hopefully it's more uphill in the future and happy to have you back.

I looked at the picture before I read your post and I didn't see any beard shadow or notice no wig. your hair is getting long enough to look fem. So I just thought, hey latest pic of Aly!

Hugs, Bria

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I transitioned when I was young (22). Now that you are getting properly gendered all the time things should become a piece of cake for you. By this time next year you won't even remember what it was like to be male.
    Omg that would be absolutely wonderful! I can't wait until that day comes!

That's great to hear! As a new member these stories are great to read

I have to agree with Nat...all I see is a girl with no make-up. Keep smiling!!

I'm very happy for you. It's good to hear you so upbeat after you were feeling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bria View Post
    I looked at the picture before I read your post and I didn't see any beard shadow or notice no wig. your hair is getting long enough to look fem. So I just thought, hey latest pic of Aly!

Hugs, Bria
    Thanks to 5 sessions of laser... 6th being exactly 1 week away, beard shadow is becoming a thing of the past. I still have to shave every day for the clear blond hair that the laser won't catch. I haven't shaved my chest/stomach though in over a month!

Quote Originally Posted by natcrys View Post
    All I see is a girl with no make-up on.. so well done!

How were the tacos?
    I'm with Nat. And I'm so happy that you are being the true person you are.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Glad things are going well!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Silver Member
    Sometimes in transition we can be our own worst critic, but your appearance now Aly IMO is absolutely FEMININE! Please continue in that positive direction, believing and being comfortable in yourself, and overcoming all those milestones. Thanx for sharing. Enjoy.

Aly
    I think you look so cute! Keep going you are doing great!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Sounds like things are moving along quite well

Gone to live my life
    Hi Aly,

I can see why you were ma'amed . . . I don't see the guy in your picture only the girl.

Hugs

Isha

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    No surprises here. You have looked very convincing for quite a while. And with the hormones you are just becoming more girl which is obvious to all around here and out in the world. I look forward to hearing more about your well deserved transition. Hugs and kisses, Steph

Aly,
    Progression is a wonderful thing.
    May it continue well for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    You look great, Aly! So glad things are progressing well for you

Ally you look great. A very beautiful woman. Love your smile and glad you are feeling better.
    Keep smiling girl.

all woman, girlfriend. You look great. So glad things are progressing well and that are feeling better. Wonderful to see you so happy!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

It won't add anything anymore but I don't know how a person with working eyes could not ma'am you. You look great!
    do not label me for i am unique