Thread: New here and seeking advice....Being who I really am.

New here and seeking advice....Being who I really am.

Hi everyone! I'm Katie from Ohio. I'm new here and seeking advice from others. A little about myself. I first started dressing at age 11. I did this when my parents were at work. I would go through my mother's closet and dresser almost everyday. This lasted for a few years until one day I just stopped. It was a very long time ago because I'm now almost 44 years old. I can't remember why I stopped doing it. I realized a few years ago two important things about myself. One, I've been living my life in denial. Two, I have sexual attraction not only to women but men as well. I've decided to follow my heart and want to be that gurl again. I have one big problem though. I'm married. My wife already knows about my sexual attraction to men. She's very understanding about it. I want to tell her how I feel inside. What I did many years ago and what I desire now. I just don't know if I should. How she will react. All I know is that I'm not going to let anyone stop me from being Katie. I'm also feeling overwhelmed because I need many things including my own clothes, shoes/heels, make-up, a couple good wigs and breast forms. I'm going all out because being passible is very important to me. I also wish to start new friendships with others like myself. This being online from around the world and local to spend time with. I would appreciate any advice.

Banned Read only
    In my signature is how I came out to my wife but you have a whole,lot more going on. Are you implying that you will take some action with men outside of marriage? If yes, THAT will be a deal buster, I am sure.

Silver Member
    Welcome here Katie, to this very friendly forum! Many of us have started (& stopped) as you have, and discovered being CD/TG is part of us - perhaps a bigger part then we sometimes admit, and it always will be. Going slow, communicating with your wife (& her feelings/issues) as to your life style, and what will be acceptable for both of you at this time in your lives is IMO required. Be aware, presenting your feminine side in public as a passible feminine image can and does cost - time, $, and sometimes family, friends, and job. Enjoy.