Thread: CD and TS only. long post

CD and TS only. long post

This is a post that lead to my new post.

"Would You Have Married Your Husband If You Knew He Was A Cross dresser? (GG's Only)

I have read today and yesterday two threads by Tinkerbell and WifeofDonna. It really pains me to read of the torment these women are experiencing. I am a married man (40+ years) to the same woman. I have had my own experiences with the pain of the women.

So, based on what you knew about cross dressing when you FIRST dated would you have married him?

Based on what you know about cross dressing NOW would you have married him?

I'll throw my two cents in later."

I was not suppressed with what was said, but was enlightened. Got me thinking.

To the CD, TS here;

First Question
    Base on what you knew about crossdressing then, when you were first dating, would you have ask, her to married you or even gotten in to dating at all?

Second Question
    If you knew then what you know now about your dressing, or being Trans, would you have gotten married or even dated?

To start I got married at 21 the year was 1974, there was nothing on the subject, I did dress at a early age mostly in my mothers clothes. I did not here about Crossdressing or Transexuals at all I was a lone thought there was something wrong with me.
    I am not to sure it was that, I lived in small town, that I did not know anything, I think it was the time 60's and early 70's. will have to see what other have to say on that. The first time I saw anything was on TV was the Donahue Show this was the mid 70's, what I saw was not me, or anything I want to become. The first time I saw anything real about CD or TS was a HBO documentary on Transsexual, Mid 80's there were two stories, one MTF and one FTM.
    From an early age there was shame, and discuss with my self, did all the manly thing to hide it, wore nurtural colors, keep a way from bright color, that might out me “the mind of a paranoid”. I thought I could stop at any time, but never did. When I got married I did stop for a while, but it came back, purge, came back, every time it come back it came back stronger. Then in the 90's I went to a conference, that weekend Colorado Gold Rush was going on, so I stayed, I did not have a wig did have clothes, I had found Studio Lights on the web before I left home, went there one night after my conference. Talk to the owners, I got my first wig from them, I had planed on going to the Gold Rush, but was starting to chicken out. I told them my name, and we had a good visit but told them I had decided not to go to the Gold Rush. What I did not know was they told someone about me, that night that person show up at my door, in all her glory. She said she was there to take me to the Gold rush, she told me to get dress, but not put any make-up on, that was good I had make up but did not know the first thing about putting it on, I had got it for this trip. So out we go, and down to the Gold Rush, one of the venders was a make-up artiest that had work in the movies. My new friend, Dianne paid for my registration, and paid for a make over from the make-up artiest. What a thrill, she monitored me the rest of the day, and that night we went to the final banquet.
    The next morning I flew out when I got home, the first thing my wife noticed was the make-up I did not get off the night before. We talk that day, and she ask me if I had any more clothes, I said yes, she said bring them home, she wash everything that night, and we put them away. That is how I got caught, she has been supportive at time, hostel at time, tolerate the rest of the time. She took it better than I thought she would, from what I have learned here, we have a 15% chance of the wife being supportive or tolerate of our dressing.

My first Question
    Base on what you knew about crossdressing then, when you were first were Dating, would you have ask, her to married you or even gotten in to dating.

Yes, I could handle it. I could stop.

Second Question
    If you knew then what you know now about your dressing, or being Trans, would you have gotten married or even dated.

No, the pain I have caused her, even tho she has been good with it. I would hope, if I knew then what I know now, I would be man enough to not even dated, and become the person I was meant to be. The pain this has caused both of us, is a lot, and it not over, I know I am TS, how far I am going to take it, I don’t know, but it not finished.

Keeping in mind, you have no knowledge of the future, so your decision it is based on you and only you.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    Closing thoughts.
    She did not chose this, and neither did I, I did not chose this over my family, this is who I am, it not addiction. It is who I am, if I keep saying it maybe someone will hear me. It like I have been in a coma, all my life and I keep saying I am here, can anyone hear me, I am a girl. No one ever hears me. The first part of my life nether did I, oh there were signs, for every one to see, they were ignored, even I ignored the signs.

I want to thank Angie, Samantha and Amanda for there encouragement and support.
    Last edited by Annaliese; 11-06-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Platinum Member
    I would still have married and would have been more open and happy and frankly, a much better partner if I knew then what I know now...and acted accordingly.

Second question is rather backward...but again knowing what I know now, I would have dated and very honestly expressed my preference in gender expression, and I expect my life actually would have been even better than it has been in most every respect.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Let me answer this in two ways:

1) When I married in 1973, I didn't know what the word transgendered meant, so it wasn't on our radar screen.

2) Now that I know (), if I were to have to start over again, I'd get my transgendered house completely in order before starting to date. By that I mean that I would make sure that Tina was comfortable being in the world alone because it would be very possible for a potential mate to out Tina if things went wrong in the beginnings of a relationship. I'd be up front early with it so that the relationship would not develop without Tina in the picture.

If I had the choice I would have come out as soon as I got sober 13 years ago. I would have been honest with my wife but I seriously doubt at that time if she could have handled this. However, I believe it is the way it was supposed to be. I wasn't ready to be me yet. My wife didn't have the coping capability she has now. Finally, I am so glad I have my 3 children. I don't regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it!
    Suzanne

1) yes, at the time i just wore panties
    2) we might have gotten married since at that time we were both younger and intimate every night.
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

I'm not actually married to my SO, but we have been together for over 20 years, and we have two lovely teenage daughters, who use both surnames, and are joint owners of our home. So I think we are de facto "married"?
    Based on what little I knew about CDing then, I did ask her to move in with me because I was convinced that having her around would overcome my urge to dress. It seemed to work, too, for a good many years!
    Based on what I know now, I'm pleased I did, and would do so again. The painful bit was the period between when the urges returned and when I finally came out to her (very recently)
    I am one of the incredibly lucky ones whose SO accepts my CDing, and life is now looking rosy (as well as pink!!). But I'm pretty certain she would not have allowed our relationship to develop if she had known about it at the outset.

Platinum Member
    Hi Annaliesa, I don't thank that I would've changed anything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If I knew then what I know now, how much would be different? Well I started dressing as a very young child, put it away in my teens (most of the time) to be and do more macho things. Did a stint in the Navy, and never thought about dressing for the whole time.
    After I got out, married my high school girl friend. If I knew then what I know now, I would have skipped that marriage, it wasn't working out to well when the urge to start dressing came back, and that only made a bad situation worse. I should have learned from that, but under the strain of divorce The urge faded, and I put it out of my mine once again. Years latter a second marriage, years pass a gain, and the old urge came back, now had I have known just how impossible it is to change the spots on a leopard, I would have told her about myself before marriage, but I thought I had it whipped. Now if I had known what was going to happen at that point, I would have stayed single. But I didn't know, so I got married again, and when it came up, again, I sat her down and told her about a life long struggle I had had. When I told her, I found immediate acceptance and support, and she has been my rock for the last 40 years, so I'm glad I didn't know then what I know now, except for the acceptance part, the rest might have scared me off, and I would have missed a great life.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

The first question is easy. I did not understand that I was TG, had never dressed and really understood almost nothing. Under those conditions I did ask her to marry me, and under those conditions I would again. Why would it be different?
    But...knowing what I know now?
    Knowing what I know now I doubt I would ever have met her. My entire life would have been different. Knowing what I know know, by the time I met her I would have already been in transition. So the question is sort of moot. But had I met her under those conditions, and had she expressed any interest, yes, most likely. But there would have been complete honesty. And that said, and knowing my wife, she would have refused, I am sure. We might well have been good friends, but girlfriends.
    There are many beautiful souls in this world, my wife among them. Most, though, are just not cut out for marriage to a M2f TS.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I think that the biggest error that i made was that before I got divorced, I didn't understand the dynamics of attraction between the sexes. I really believed all the things that women told me over the years about what they wanted in a boyfriend/husband. As it turns out, pretty much NOBODY knows why they find another person attractive; I'd guess that about 99% of the population believe in the very vague concept of 'chemistry', but have no idea what it actually is.
    that said,
    Base on what you knew about crossdressing then, when you were first were Dating, would you have ask, her to married you or even gotten in to dating.
    Yes. I have a much better knowledge of how to control my desire to crossdress. However, I would have gradually touched over the topic while still single, to see how my prospective mate would respond to it. My ex wife was a very smart person, and I believe that with time, she would have been able to understand and accept who and what I am.
    If you knew then what you know now about your dressing, or being Trans, would you have gotten married or even dated.
    Similar question. Again, yes, but I think I would look for a woman who had studied psychology extensively rather than other fields. One of the most common feelings that I have had over the years has been, that it would take a very, very smart woman to accept me as I am, and any woman that smart had much better options for a mate than myself. At this point, I am able to feel that I am worthy of a woman that smart, and would have no trouble approaching her and hopefully getting her to understand and accept all that I am.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

To answer question 1, yes I still would have asked her out/dated her; she's simply too amazing to pass up. While my SO isn't quite as open minded as she would like to think, she'll always give things her best shot before dismissing anything.

For Question 2, I still would have dated and married, but I would be more open about my female side once things seemed to be getting serious enough to be thinking about marriage.

I know I have caused my wife some serious stress in all of my self-discovery, but she knows that this is a part of me and likely always has been which means that while what she knows about my heart has changed, my heart itself hasn't and hopefully by accepting my cross dressing and adjusting to the new twist in our relationship we will all be happier in the long run.

When I married my first Wife in 1970 she had no idea that lurking somewhere in my background was a girl waiting to come out. To be honest I had no idea that I wanted to dress again, as I had when I was a teenager. It was something that just hit me and I just had to do it there and then...so I did. She was very encouraging and supportive. Had we still been together then I would be dressed as a woman 24/7.

Julie.

I think that knowing what I knew when I knew it, I would have eventually told my first wife about my cross dressing. She found out on her own, and that killed my marriage. The second question is more difficult. The experience of my first marriage, gave me the wisdom to share my cross dressing with my second wife. The problem then however was that we had other problems, and I was not fully accepting of my gender variance. I haven't had the stamina to jump in the water a third time, but I think today I would fully reveal my transgender status to even someone I was casually dating.