Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where all the young CDers at!

Angry Where all the young CDers at!

yo!

(mtv raps?)

I realize asking HERE isn't the best idea because if I don't really know how would anybody!

not that i'm super young...

but the late teens / early girly 20s-ish to mid to late 20s Crossdressers

I assume most are on... Tumblr...? ... Reddit?

I guess!

maybe straight up old-timey message boards are more a thing of the past!

and MAYBE (just maybe!) it is no longer "cool" to be thought of as a "Crossdresser"

what with all the genderqueer / non-conforming / non-binary / etc / etc / etc etc (etc!)

I guess what i'm getting at is the idea that so many older people here think "oh if only the internet existed back when I started!"

and while it is mostly good I don't think young folks today are getting nearly as much out of it as you may think you would have or would go about it?

I also fear it may be pushing things into un-reality for some that get almost peer-pressured into thinking was being TG is or what they have to do...

such as someone who has a real feminine fetish / almost sissy or degrading stereotype view of a woman and want to be a pretty girl and think oh well I should just get on hormones ASAP!

when they're really just super confused / repressed / in fantasy land!

not all I mean, but some...

I could point to a myriad of tumblrs or bloggies or TG Captions and THAT whole sub-cultura!

anywho enough of my random rambling and mystical musings!

let's DO this!

Platinum Member
    Actually, if you pay attention there are a fairly large number of young CDrs here. Your presumptions are mistaken.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    The under 30 crowd has been shrinking lately, it seams that only the regular posters remain. It is very obvious that currently at least 80% of posters here are almost twice my age.

Yea I wish more of us would post!! I'll admit I do a lot of reading but not always posting. I personally only dress up 1-2 times a month so I don't have a lot of updates haha!

I'm young but also new to the board, noticed a few around but agreed the majority are a little older

Ummm.....hello there....?
    Smi mens jernet er varmt.
    "Don't laugh just cause my bra's stuffed with socks!"
    ♫ "I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!" ♫

Aspiring Member
    Everybody who has answered so far is quite young from my point of view. I'm 71.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for? With a topic as complicated as CDing, it helps to have experience available. At the same time, there's value in the shared experience of peers your same age.

And I couldn't agree more with the Tumblr comments. All I ever see on there are "adult entertainment" gifs and hypnosis captions. Maybe we're both just looking in the wrong places?
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

I'm 32 but I'd like to think I'm young...

I'm a bit older, but my demographic seems pretty tricky to find sometimes too, mid 30's, married, parent with a young child. A lot of the time, I feel sort of stuck in the between younger, unattached types and the been there, done that, older crowd.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I always love to see the young ones join up.
    All you old ladies can be quite cranky at times.LOLOL

I'm only 28 here but i don't find much time to dress up anymore. really stinks

Many forums are like that. Younger people are on Facebook, Twitter, and a few other social sites. They also just text, and communicate in single sentences. They also are too busy working to be posting on here.

I'm one of the older ladies @ 69 and I don't think that I'm cranky just yet maybe a little strange to other people to want to dress in womans clothes.
    I found out at 32 that it felt good to put on a pair of stocking and a dress, so here I am and just enjoy being who I am.
    Yes it would have been good to have the internet back in those days for us older CDers to have found out where this was taking us.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

I think the answer could be we are stock on our minds, trying to resolve if we can be sufficient brave to show us at world ....that's my reality 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
    Xoxox
    Il n'y a rien qui vous rend plus heureux que la liberté d'être vous-même et être honnête avec vous aussi.

Banned Read only
    I'm sure they're everywhere. I used to be one of them, but I just got older. I'm still about 18 in a big skirt and a petticoat in my mind sometimes!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I know they have a section for younger cd's...dont know how active it is, I am past the age limit for it but would LOVE to see it.. They are here, but like me can probably not relate or offer any advice or input into the many S/O pity parties, and wife issues that dominate the forum.
    Re-edit is ok.....lotta pictures though...LOTTA younger gals there
    and facebook is.....well its facebook.....its loaded with closet queens.

I've read very many posts that say that they dressed a little in their teens, then it went away or was buried until their 30s or 40s. Maybe that's a contributing cause. I mean, first you'd have to accept it before you look for help or advice. I lurked here for a year before I signed up.

Interesting question. One thought is that younger people tend to use mobile apps more than traditional web sites like this one. Or, it could be that younger people are more comfortable with gender variance and simply living their lives in the open. I'm sure, however, that there are many who are restricted, conflicted or confused like many of us and perhaps they will eventually find their way here.

I'm 28 years old in my head and permanently locked in the 1980s fashion-wise.... Does that count...?

Guess not...

They are here Mink - perhaps they can just spend more time out enjoying themselves...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I'm 31 am I classed as old

I'm 36 but I hope that doesn't make me old like they always say you are as young as you feel! in my head I'm still 18 lol

I'm 20 years old I would consider it to be pretty young.Personally I prefer this forum over other sites like tumblr or facebook though.

To me it is not if we are young or old im just glad there is a good site like this .I think we all can learn from each other
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

ahem... 42 here, but definitely not older than 25 in my head

Forums are great. Love them. Although I do enjoy social media, I'm more comfortable here when it comes to this part of myself.