Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back with a vengeance, and you won't believe what is happening

Like those who have gone before me, I think Mom knows and is just waiting for you to tell her in your own time. She seems very accepting so go for it - look forward to hearing how it goes.

On the other hand, as Katy said, I think you're dancing in a minefield as far as your wife is concerned. Please be careful - think about her as well as yourself.
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Kaley,
    You are headed for disaster. Shouldn't keep secrets from the ones your most close to. They will find out. You seem to trust your mom and she does know. Speak to her and disclose everything. You will feel much better once you have someone to speak with and share your feelings with. Speak with your wife about your feelings, she may be more supportive than you think.

@--}---

Kaley,
    Just to echo what others have said... I think that it's a safe bet that your Mum had you rumbled! She either knows or suspects so strongly that you have now confirmed her suspicions!
    The big question is, will what happens at Mum's stay at Mum's? My Mum is the only one in my family who knows but she is so snobbish that my secret is safe with her - she'd be more mortified than me if it ever got out! As for her telling my wife... they're barely speaking (mother having been horrible to my wife once too often) so even if she did, my wife would probably assume that the story was made up out of sheer spite!
    The real question is, how discreet is your Mum? And on how good terms is she with your wife? If the corresponding answers are "not desperately" or "very" (in that order) then you are toast!
    Good luck. My gut reckons that you're gonna need it!
    Last edited by Judith96a; 11-10-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: @!£&* autocorrect

Banned Read only
    You are the one at the far left of the picture . Nah, just kidding! Oh, Mom knows or really suspects.

As a follow up to this post, here's a pic of me and my mom out having margaritas! I have her permission to post, but she still wanted me to protect her identity, just in case. So I added a cute pink circle! : )Attachment 235801 We went to an outdoor bar near her house -- walking distance so we could have all the margaritas we wanted! The waitress was wonderful, calling us "ladies" the whole time and taking a few pics. I'm not crazy about how they came out, but at least I have the memory.

I think your mom enjoys having a daughter to share experiences and spend time with. Let her know you feel the same way.
    DonnaT

It seems she is discretely trying to show you that she knows and accepts you as you are, but she doesn't want to be too abrupt about it and scare you back into the closet. I'm sure she has known for a very long time and has kept silent until you were ready to tell her. So tell her; it isn't that much more of a reveal!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    I think your mom enjoys having a daughter to share experiences and spend time with. Let her know you feel the same way.
    Yes indeed! Hopefully it will open new avenues for both of you. BTW, you both look like you are enjoying it -- as I'm sure that you did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club