Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nurses don't care what you're wearing underneath your street clothes

Nurses don't care what you're wearing underneath your street clothes

I had to see a nurse practitioner today. I had an allergic reaction. She examined me and decided that I needed a steroid shot. She sent in a nurse to administer the shot. I had on Maidenform boy shorts in tiger print and a waist nipper - really didn't expect to have to drop my drawers. And she said "you need to get a steroid shot in the butt cheeks."so knowing fully what she would see, I undid my belt and dropped my drawers. There were no comments, no snickering, nothing. She simply said" You may feel a burning sensation" then gave the injection. That was that. No big deal!

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in the break room.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    As someone married to a nurse, I can tell you that they will remain professional until they have gossip time with other nurses. They do talk about patient quirks and behaviors. My wife does not share any of these things with me or non medical people, only other nurses. Most could care less about your clothing choices, but occasionally you'll have some that feel the need to chat about it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Charla, I'm sure that there are a couple brand new Nurses that haven't seen this yet, But they are few and far in between.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    We have friends and the woman is an emergency room nurse. Nurses (at least this one) do care or at least notice what you are wearing and many other things about their patients. Our friend (the nurse) talks about the crossdressers, the gays, the transsexuals, etc. that she treats. She doesn't mention their names of course but she talks about them. I'm sure she is professional around them and gives them quality treatment though.

If I go to a doctor I go in full drab. Not looking to out myself even to the medical profession. However, about 4 months ago I went to a dermatologist to get a spot checked out on my face. It was an early morning appointment and I had forgetfully slept in bra and forms the night before. The doc was a young (mid-30's) woman and very professional. She said the spot was indeed suspect, and then insisted on checking me head to toe. As I pulled off my tee shirt I glanced over at the small wall mirror and BAM! Bra strap lines. There was NO doubt what caused that and no way she missed it. She never said a word, but man was I embarrassed.

I also had to ihave ultrasound on my legs, and i don't know if it was my panties peeking out from the pile of clothes or the painted toes, but the female tech was less than friendly, and not in a professional way. Just downright rude.
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

After my wife did my nails I realized we both had our annual appointments at our normally dower dermatologist to check for skin cancer in two days. There was no way I was going to remove my new high gloss pink polish! So as expected, the doctor asked me to take off my shoes and socks to check my feet. I told her she was in for a surprise. She said: "what surprise?" Well, when she saw my feet she broke into a big smile and started to laugh in a very positive way. She loved it, had never seen it before; also when my wife came in she had the same polish on too! It made the doctor's day, she said we were quite a couple and even noticed that my wife had a hair clip the same color as our nails. It was a great experience for all of us!

I've been wearing women's bikini style panties under my male clothes for the last two and a half years or so - long before I started fully dressing this year. No male briefs at all - I threw away all but a couple of pairs, and kept those just in case I need to do a long hospital stay. But a lot of my panties are plain black or plain grey, and don't have any lace, so they can sort of pass for unisex undies.

I've had three medical appointments where my panties could have been seen or definitely were seen, since I started doing that.

One full medical checkup, I was to disrobe completely and put on a hospital gown, and all I was expected to leave on was my socks. That one presented no real issues, since as I had expected, the nurse left the room for me to change both ways, and I could easily tuck the panties into my pants pocket.

The most potentially embarrassing time was when I had to get an upper and lower endoscopy procedure done. Because they knock you out for the procedure, I had to have a friend with me to drive me to and from, and to stay with me through all but the actual medical procedure. Had my best male friend with me for that. He is married and quite straight, and did NOT know that I wear panties. This was also just before I had started fully cross dressing. The only thing he knew about my femme side is that he's known for years that I roleplay on-line as Ceera in a somewhat adult-oriented venue - but he also has a female roleplay character in the same on-line venues (though as far as I know, his 'girl' doesn't do sexy stuff there), so no big deal there. I was willing to risk him seeing my panties for the first time. Well, I had the black bikini panties on under my jeans, and he was still with me when I had to strip to my socks and put on the gown. He kept his attention on a book that he was reading, while I changed, and I was able again to slip the panties into my pants pocket without anyone noticing. If he did see them, he said nothing.

But at my last medical appointment, where I hadn't expected to need to disrobe, the nurse had me drop my pants so she could check me 'down there'. The 'touch and cough' routine. I'm sure she saw that I was wearing double-string bikini panties (black again), but she didn't make a single comment or even raise an eyebrow.

Personally, I don't care what the nurses say to each other in the break room, as long as it goes no further than that. And now, I think if I do have to go to the hospital, I'll still wear my panties, and won't care if they get seen.

I had surgery a few years ago and as I was recovering from the anesthesia I must have said a few things. Any way while I was in the hospital for a few days there were numerous times when different nurses would come in and 'say something' that they shouldn't of said regarding my transgendered status. One nurse especially would refer to my gown as a 'dress' and even one time when I had an 'accident' she inquired if I ruined my 'panties' ...."oop! I mean undershorts!"

Silver Member
    I wear no nonsense nylon bikini panties 24/7 and to my annual physical. Now I knew about the turn and cough and figured that my undies would be around my ankles, not easy to see the style or label. My doc added a testicular exam which she administered with me laying on the exam table in my gown, open with my panties at about mid thigh. If she wanted to notice she didn't have to look too far to see the style and maybe even the brand.
    No reaction and so what if they talk about me during break as long as no names leave the building I'm fine with it.

I had knee surgery. I had done a couple of follow-ups, and all he did was ask how I was progressing and pain levels etc. Went to one last week wearing bright red panties with pink lace at the sides. Surprise! He says remove your pants, I need to see your knees and get an x-ray. With some reluctance, I took off my pants. Only thing he said was while moving my leg around was related to my knee. He then told me to go to the x-ray room. This is across the office and past the nurse station. Only comment I got was when returning was, "Those are very pretty panties, where did you get them?" It wasn't mocking, but a genuine question. Maybe the world is getting more accepting.

We are what we ARE, and we needn't be ashamed.

Own it, get in front of it, and manage it. (Advice for nearly all surprises.)

In this context, if you underdress and if it is discovered - AND it is mentioned:

- Own it. Speak confidently about it and define what "it" is before someone defines it for you.
    "I see that you noticed that I am wearing female underwear."

- Get in front if it. Buy time and avoid looking shocked by having a couple of sentences prepared and rehearsed ahead of time.
    "I saw these on sale and fell in love with them. I bought all they had in my size."

- Manage it. Take control of the conversation, perhaps by becoming the person that asks questions.
    "How often do you see other men with female underwear?"

Best wishes
    MsVal

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Our friend (the nurse) talks about the crossdressers, the gays, the transsexuals, etc. that she treats. She doesn't mention their names of course but she talks about them.
    She is not ethical OR professional talking about you or ANYONE. Yes we know the staff talks. I am sure the spouses hear it...but it is over the line even without names for them to say ANYTHING to anyone.

What you wear, who you date, where you sleep...None Of Their Business unless it impacts treatment.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

For a recent checkup with my Dr., I was wearing panties and a white stretch nylon cami with adjustable spaghetti straps and lots of lace around the chest and at the bottom edge of the cami. The Dr. wanted to listen to my lungs and said take off your shirt. Hadn't counted on that, but removed my shirt, exposing the cami. I was watching him closely and his eyes widened slightly and his head did a small snap, but he never missed a beat in his conversation, and asked nothing. I'm sure he could't miss the fact that the only hair visible was a small patch on my stomach, a concession to my fiancee. Everywhere else, I'm shaved (with the stubble that magically appears almost as soon as I've shaved.

I figure that he'll ask at some future time if he gets repeat showing.

As has been said, you've gotta own it, and I'm ready to do that.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Had a procedure done. Totally undressed and laying on my side when the nurse started pressing with her fingertip into one of my buttocks. My muscles have been tense for sometime, and noticed that the fingertip presses were probably feeling very firm to her, and assumed she was just looking for a softer spot. For the injection.

She asked, "are you a cycler?" To which I replied yes (knowing I use a stationary bike at home), but that the firmness was muscle tension.

It did not occur to me until later that she was looking for a reason for my shaved body. Funny.

I had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago when I got to the hospital I was wearing a pair of vs lace panties and my toes were painted bikini pink I did not hear any thing about what I was wearing

Allison,
    Yes, you have it right, I agree with your observations from those I know at a teaching hospital.
    The only interest is in quirks, nutters and patients with radically differing ideas.
    You will never be remembered by name unless you are related or known personally to someone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This is one thing that bothers me a little. Goes back to my mother always saying " wear clean underwear you may get into an accident" . I wear boy shorts panties, but only plain or dark out of the house. My son, wife and myself went shopping the other weekend, and I wore hot pink lace boy shorts. Was headed t try on some pants and realized they had curtains instead of doors in the dressing rooms. Being that the store is in a VERY country area, just replaced the items back on the rack and gave my son an excuse.
    Who I am is not what I wear, it just makes me look and feel better.

I have to side with MsVal here. Once upon a time I'd be embarrassed to go to the Dr's office with panties on, let alone a bra. Now I've told all of my doctors (and dentists, and ophthalmologists and,... and ...) that I am TG and cross dress -- including a list of whatever med's I take. Now there are no surprises, and if I get nicer smiles from the nurses (so what if they talk among themselves?) so much the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I think nurses might have seen things way more wierd.. lolzz

Banned Read only
    Charla,
    I had a check up about a long term illness which can cause depression but was given the all clear, so when the doctor queried the long term use of Prozac a few years ago I said that was for my other problem which was CDing ! Now I don't have to worry about shaved parts of my body or what I wear or the marks of what I've been wearing !

A good friend of mine who was an ex-nurse, told me that there were many shocking sights to see when patients disrobed and they had nothing to do with wearing panties or camis. Personal hygiene, or the complete lack of it, was much more shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in the break room.
    As a nurse I assure you that we may not say anything in front of the pt but the comments and giggles come out in the break room.Billie Jean

Yup, happened to me also. A beautiful young PA told me to drop my pants for a shot in the hip. My Shadowline Hi Cut panties were showing very vivid. They were all white and contrasted very well to my navy blue pants. She was very professional and I have saw her on other occasions for treatment without her saying a word. If she had, I would have ask her what color panties she had on and the brand she prefers to wear. I'm getting to the age, if they have a problem with what I wear...they need to get over themselves.