Thread: My first time in public for Halloween. Such a positive experience!

Wink My first time in public for Halloween. Such a positive experience!

Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum, and I had a wonderful experience a few days ago. I wanted to share it and even get feedback for more future fun!

I am thinking about crossdressing since the early 2000s, and I have bought my first feminine cloth in 2006. I now have a lot of night clothes (so comfortable), a few dresses, costumes, accessories. I haven't yet tried breast forms or given myself a feminine name.

The first reveal:
    I have always been doing this in secret (I am single, living alone, so it was not too hard), and after many years of keeping this for myself, I finally revealed it to a friend. I suggested to him I was thinking of crossplaying (cosplaying as girl) for a comics convention, and he started talking about one of his friends CDing. At that moment, he asked me if I was, and ... the longest awkward silence I could give. He guessed, and in panic mode, I revealed it. That was such a relief! Now I was not alone anymore. After the initial freak out (asking him to really keep it secret), thinking it would be the end of the world after he reveals it, things are awesome now, I feel so free and relieved. For the moment, he is the only person knowing, but still, it feels great. A bit later, he invited me to his Halloween party. Since the year before, a few people did crossdress for fun, I thought I could attempt, and I did. Most people at that party were gay, and it was going to be the case again. I heard that most CDers are straight, but most gay guys I know are very nice, and much more understanding of people CDing it seems (that's my experience at least after the upcoming party).

Preparing for the party:
    I already had a red Japanese lolita dress with a hat and socks, but I was missing the accessories (since at home, I didn't really feel I needed them). So I ordered them from Japan (shoes, flower barrette, headdress (I finally didn't use), petticoat). The costume felt much more complete. But something was missing, I was still looking manly with my face, and I am a bit perfectionist, so I wanted to push the experience to its fullest. So I start to learn about makeup, and it is much more complicated than I expected! After spending many hours watching tutorials and reading, I made four orders, scattered among several weeks, with several intermediate (hilariously failed) attempts. At the end, it started to look nice. I shown the picture to my friend, and he recommended to do something about my brows. It's true they were too big and too low compared to a girl. That's where I trained before the party but will probably need some advices later to improve. At that time, my friend also advised me to accessorize the costume to avoid showing I'm a CDer so obviously. Since it is red and white, it was looking a bit like the red riding hood. So i added the head of a wolf and a knife (it's Halloween after all).

The party day:
    After 3 hours of shaving, 3 hours of makeup..., and some time to get the rest ready, I drove at night to my friends house, with the most hidden streets I could find (I had makeup but no girl clothes, it felt weird). Once there, I asked him to guide me directly to his bathroom where I got dressed. After 20 minutes, he comes in, eyes closed, and gets ready. His reaction was not what I expected, he was actually nicely surprised, not shocked. That was the first positive point. I was still behind the door, nobody ever saw me yet. I started to be scared for real.

The party:
    And here I go! And surprisingly, people were impressed! Nobody, but absolutely nobody, asked why I picked a girl costume. No negative reaction. People were just impressed, saying how "elaborate" my costume was. I was in heaven. That made me smile a lot, which was good for the girl appearance. There was a costume contest at that party, and I got surprised that several people voted for me. I also discovered how hard it was to eat with lipstick! The party finished so quickly I was sad. Here is my costume, with the wolf head (and the drink is fruit juice...)

HalloweenLolita.jpg

After the party:
    After removing the makeup, undressing, showering, and going to bed, I had a very nice dream. That was great! And the next day, I realized what happened. One of the people there also sent me a few pictures. I really love those now, I want that event to happen again. I showed the picture above to a few friends (telling them it was a one-time experience, they don't know yet), and once again, positive feedback all the time, even from people I thought were going to be badly surprised.

So, I cannot wait to reuse that costume for the comics convention (there were sweet lolitas last year and a few crossplayers). And since I know the basics of makeup now, I enjoy pushing the experience a bit farther and look much more feminine. And I also joined this forum!

Cheers!
    Viny

What an amazing experience! I was captivated by your account of the evening. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Something tells me you will be doing this again

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    So glad you had such a great evening! Thanks so much for sharing it with us

Sounds like a fun evening

Viny,
    I agree the first time out is easy on Halloween, because it was such a positive experience it will make all your other outings just as enjoyable.
    Good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Viny - great costume and what a positive, affirming experience for you...

I have to say your makeup looks very feminine - and it sound like you were well received at the party too... Cool!

I imagine you are looking forward to your comic con now...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Viny,

It sounds like you had a great time and things went well. Congrats on getting out there.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Viny, It sounds like you put a lot of thought into it , that is such a cute costume.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Great costume and story it sounds like you had a fun positive experience .The bad or very good thing is you just might be hooked to do it again
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Viny you look great and a great experience it must have been.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It definitely was fun and made me want to go out like this again.

I just need to find the right opportunities, since I didn't reveal my CDing to more than one person yet, a comic con should be good for going out again. The future will tell.

Nice costume. Glad you had fun! I know it can be hard anticipating the next opportunity, especially after such a great experience. Just be careful that you don't end up pushing it to far and outing yourself before you're ready. I've been fortunate enough to have my wife reel me back in the few times I started to get lost in the pink fog.

Thanks for your advice. I started to feel like it was going to be "easy" to reveal, and thinking the consequences would be easy to handle, but it is not the case.

The friend I told to I was crossdresser is the one who tried to limit the possibility of being outed. And he gave me a few bits of warning, as it is really easy to say something (woman related) too comfortably, and be found out. I know one of my friends has some doubts about it, but I still lie to him about it (at least for the moment). I'm being careful, and my next time out is a comic con in April, so I still have some time to think about it.