Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veteran Dressers. R u one?

USN 1992-2010 Active, 2010-2012 Reserve. Aviation Support Equipment Technician. Dressed every chance I could, it wasn't hard not to when at sea, but when I was home... :-D

Army 65-69. Served in vietnam 66-67. MOS 11B20 combat veteran and I have a 100% disability rating for PTSD. Didn't dress while in the service. I tried HRT in 2012 but stopped and I want to try HRT again and the VA is willing to help me. I am 68.

Army 12 yrs. Iraq vet

Hi everyone

U.S. Navy 1964 to 1970 active 1982 to 1999 Reserve River boats in Nam and Mine search in Desert Storm glad to have come back in one piece. dressed when on leave and far from duty station in the 60's and never on duty in reserves but when I could in reserves at home wife was accepting and participated. I am now widowed and live full time .
    Retired as a BM 1
    Last edited by Annette_boy; 11-24-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

U.S. Army 1961-1982. 11B5s. Three Tours in Nam. Never dressed while in service. Thought about it. Really did not start dressing until after my wife passed away. 72 now and slowing becoming a Mature Transgendered Lady in the central part of Florida. To all have a lovely day. Charla

I was drafted into the Army in 1965 and lucked out being sent to West Germany instead of Viet Nam. I was trained at Fort Gordon for MOS 95B10 but did clerical work so MP became my secondary MOS. Dressing was in the future for me and while in the service it never occurred to me. I was in for two years, took an overseas separation and traveled in Ireland. Then I had to return to Frankfurt to get that free plane ride home. Guess where our first refueling stop was. Shannon, Ireland. Leave it to the Army. All in all though I was incredibly lucky considering there was a war on.

USN Submarines and never dressed nor took anything on the boat with me. I did dress at home when I had the chance.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    USAF 1980-1992. Combat control.

I dressed while in, but had to keep all my hair :-( Wife didn't know until after we were out.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    For those that served, are serving..and the families/friends that serve with them..Thank you.

Navy 1982-2010 (2 yrs Reserve in the mix), Aviation Electronics. USS Constellation and Inchon, with a pitstop in Iraq before retire. Seen a lot of states and the world, wouldn't trade it for anything.. but for some reason, I sure tear up alot nowadays when the topic is war.

Dabbled in dressing towards the end of career, more afterwards.

My greatest moment..celebrating both adult daughters' bday in May '14, for their sacrafices..giving one daughter my original dogtags..and my Iraq tour set to the other.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

U.S. Army 1975-1984 91B40 MOS. I didn't dress while in service, I did confide with my first wife my desires. To say that did not go well is an understatement.
    I did not see combat but being a medic I did see a lot of ugly and horrific things. There was a clerk in Brigade HQ that was the perfect spit and polish soldier during the day at work but at night a very attractive woman would come out ! He was hoping that the army would pay for his surgery.
    one evening she was out on the town and met someone who was not aware that he was flirting with a girl with something extra . When he discovered his situation things got violent. Her face was cut up horribly.The last I saw of her she was being taken for xrays. She was discharged. I often wonder what became of her.

Like you I was of draft age during the Vietnam War. To avoid the draft I enlisted in the Marines, they had a 2 year enlistee program at the time 1965 to 1967.I was promoted to PFC fairly quickly for having an outstanding "Junk on the Bunk" inspection. I guess my feminine side paid off as I was very good at folding my clothes.

I did make it to Vietnam and somehow lucked out and was assigned to the Air Wing. I was an electrician my MOS was 1141, we had a joke that our MOS should have been 1369 which stood for "Unlucky C**k S**ker"

I had dressed a little as a teenager but then didn't really think about doing it again until a few years ago.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Submarine Nuc only did 30 years and decided it wasn't for me. Thanks to all for their service.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Yes, I served in the US Navy submarine service as a corpsman. Spent eight years in the service, then got out and became a deputy sheriff. Geez, if anyone had known about my fem side......giggle

Dressed a lot before enlisting in 1992. Served in the US Navy from 1993 -1996, medical discharge for something unrelated to dressing. I kept a storage locker out in town so on the weekends i could go out and rent a hotel room for a night or two. Never dressed on the ship or anything like that.

USNR, 1966-1975
    Active Duty from '68-70, got real lucky and was stationed at Pearl Harbor.

Flew Air Force C-130's. I actually flew many sorties wearing a bra, panties and pantyhose. I imagine the rest of the crew would have been surprised that the pilot was wearing panties!

Untitled
    US Navy, 1963 - 67. Aviation Electronics Tech, Radar. Spent a year on Midway Island maintaining airborne search radar and two years as a tail hook sailor (A4's) including two Westpac (Vietnam) cruises. I never dressed, and in fact never thought much about it, as it simply wasn't possible. About the only time I thought about it was when I rolled my silk neckerchief and imagined it was something else. What a long time ago that was.

USMC, 1995-2003
    I didn't' start dressing until a few years after.

Army in the early 1970s. I volunteered thinking I'd save some poor schmuck who had real objections the trouble of going to Viet Nam. It turns out if you were a volunteer, the line to get to Viet Nam was several years long. I spent my entire hitch in the US. I did a number of things but mostly was an aircraft mechanic in the 18th Airborne Division. I took basic at Fort Polk, Louisiana and it was on a three-day pass to New Orleans that I first discovered real, live transvestites -- it was a shock and a comfort to find I wasn't alone and an education that I had a long way to go.

Just a Cross Dresser Kacey Black.'s Avatar
    I am. Desert Shield/storm. 1991. USAR, 419th Trans co / 1st AD.

U.S.Navy E-5 electrician 1964-1968 two tours Viet Nam and no time for dressing.
    After reading all the posts I wondered if any of us ever crossed paths?

US Navy from 1983 to 89. Aviation Electronics Technician, E-6. Worked on the E2-C Hawkeye radar. Didn't really explore this side of me much until 10 years later.
    Sally

US Army 1965 - 1969. MOS was 97B4L29 - Intel with German Language qualification. I was eventually sent to Germany, ended up on the Czech border and was there when the Russians brought the Prague Spring to a screeching halt - a most interesting time in my life. I've always had a pretty heavy case of GID and CD'd when possible before I went in and, for a few short months was able to CD again when I had my own flat in town. My wife is, thankfully, very supportive and I'm dressed as I write this. A salute and thanks to all those who have served and/or are serving both in this country and in the services of our gallant allies, some of whom are members here.
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

U.S.Navy 75-79 and 81-82 GMG and GMT asroc

United States Marine Corps, ~ 1975 ~ 1995

Retired Gunnery Sergeant

0300 ~ Basic Rifleman
    0311 ~ Rifleman
    0331 ~ Machine Gunner
    0933 ~ Marksmanship Coach
    0931 ~ Marksmanship Instructor
    0917 ~ Martial Arts Instructor-Trainer
    0916 ~ Martial Arts Instructor
    0932 ~ Small Arms Weapons Instructor
    0913 ~ Marine Combat Instructor
    0911 ~ Drill Instructor

9 Years MCRD, Parris Island, South Carolina

3 Years Quantico, Virgina

4 Years Okinawa, Japan

The rest? Here, there and everywhere
    Last edited by Dana3; 11-27-2014 at 11:59 PM.