Last night there was an opportunity to raise the subject of CD again with my dear wife. She had been asking why I was suddenly spending more time at the computer, so I told her about this forum. She looked a bit worried, perhaps she thought I was arranging dates or something.

I told her how much I enjoyed reading of others' feelings and experiences, how many of the posts were about the impact on marriages with advice and idea-exchange; how many CDs seemed to come out of the closet in their 50s and 60s, and how moving some of the stories are.

She mainly just listened, then before we fell asleep she asked a few more questions and reminded me that when we were first together I ditched a number of female clothes- I'd totally forgotten that.

So not much real comment, but no tears, I just see her trying to come to terms with it. Thanks to reading advice here I'm going veeery slowly, not showing her pics, not asking for anything really- before I would have plunged in and 'revealed all' and god knows what effect that might have had.

Thanks everybody.

Nikki