Thread: Rain - an opportunity

Rain - an opportunity

Standing in a shop doorway, sheltering from steady rain in a local town the other day, I was suddenly struck by the opportunity those conditions provided for closet CDers who are for whatever reason unable to go out dressed. I noticed almost all women wearing hooded waterproof coats or jackets. They scurried past with heads bent, trying to keep hair and make-up dry. Few faces could be seen. Some carried umbrellas as well - though the wind made that difficult.

It was when I saw a couple of younger women obviously quite smartly dressed but with only the hems of their skirts/dresses, their sheer black tights and their medium-heel shoes/boots trotting quickly along the pavement that it occurred to me that, for all anyone could tell, they could be crossdressers. I realised that even for me it should be possible to drive into tat town, fully dressed, park the car and emerge with my hood over my head,perhaps with an umbrella too, and walk around amongst other shoppers without any likelihood of being identified or even noticed.

Please don't tell me I should be brave and do it anyway: I know that there are many like me who for all sorts of reasons, never venture out dressed. Maybe a really wet day is all we need.

Hi Lorna, Being passable does not worry me. However, for me being out in the rain is something that I adore.
    But I do agree with you that girls who don`t go out on a regular basis, or have never been out then the opportunity is there to fullfil a dream.
    Dont be afraid as you most probably will never be recognised anyway with your coat collar up and the umbrella close to the top of your head. If in doubt wear a headscarf as well.
    Go and enjoy being out.

Julie.

I agree, in fact my first time out in daylight in years was thanks to rain. Put on a dress, opaque tights and and my wife's boots, size five a bit tight! Hid behind the umbrella getting into the car and drove to the nearby beach where I had a stroll under the umbrella. Slight panic when I realised I hadn't brought back up male clothes. But then relaxed into it.
    Did it several times since. But I need a few more things to do a full outing. Rainy days are perfect for it and we do get quite a lot of them in this part of the world don't we?

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Alternatively, move to the west of Ireland

Already here in the west of Ireland! So opportunities aplenty.

Great thought. Thanks for sharing.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    ....sheltering from steady rain in a local town the other day, I was suddenly struck by the opportunity those conditions provided for closet CDers who are for whatever reason unable to go out dressed. ...
    Lorna, what's the fun in that? You may be out and dressed, but you're in the rain AND you re covered up! Your time to go out will come. Do it with the sun on your face. ;-)

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Lorna, take advantage of and enjoy the rain. I live in the desert and whenever it does rain, twice a year, I celebrate in it. My Daddy always said, "Always love the rain." A true farm boy.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

That is a great 'gateway' to getting yourself out and possibly building up the confidence to do it in less inclement weather. Riding my wife's vespa with a helmet was my way of tiptoeing my way into the world.

xox

Lorna, I completely agree - you have a great idea.

In fact, I went out fully dressed, even with a wig and forms but no makeup, for the first time ever yesterday... in the rain showers and light wind, with my hood up.

Great advice for those of us living in the wet north west coast of America, we get lots of rain, there fore lots of opportunities.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.