Thread: I am so out now! Going to business meeting late this afternoon.

I am so out now! Going to business meeting late this afternoon.

Hello everyone. So much has happened for me lately. I am truly out of the closet, to use a phrase we're probably tired of hearing. I dress as a woman more often than as a male. Keep in mind that I identify as transgender, specifically non-op, so crossdressing is more than a fun thing to do. Anyhow, I go everywhere now and I've had nothing but great experiences. 95% of the time, people either look and ignore me (which I would do in their position), or don't really notice anything.

I'm also getting more involved in the LGBT community of my city, all of it dressed as the real me, a woman. It feels like I'm finally living! Late this afternoon, there is an LGBT Business & Professionals Meeting to which I've been invited. Of course, I'm going dressed fully en femme. It's pretty cold for Tennessee, so I'm struggling a bit to figure out what to wear. I work from home so I don't have to dash from work to the meeting. But, I don't have a winter coat. What would a business lady wear straight from work?

Thanks for reading!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Mandy;

Very comfortable and pretty pictures.

It sounds like I'm in a similar situation. I dress daily for work. Typically typical office ware. Dress or skirt/blouse, pantyhose, heels, and all the basic underpinnings. Light and basic makeup that can be added to if I happen to have to leave. I tend to just brush out my hair in the morning unless I'm going out then I'll spend a bit more time to put a bit of curl/style into it as that helps my presentation.

Now the weather is changing (snowing today here)... if I leave ... off goes the heels on goes the boots and a jacket + scarf to match. Heel in my purse if I know I'll need them in doors later.

Cheers... Jennifer

Hi Jennifer! I know it must be so much colder where you live, so I'm not going to complain about my weather Thanks for the ideas on clothing. I want to appear business-like even though I don't work in a traditional office environment. I guess I'm old school and believe that appearances speak loudly. On top of that, I will know no one at this event. Yikes!

Mandy, you have nothing to worry about. Your attitude, character & disposition is exceptional. Your work in the t/g community needs to be applauded . You are an excellent t/g role model. You give me hope to think positive & be positive. Peace, mel

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you, Amanda! Very nice pics -- hope to see some more recent ones

It feel good to be your self, and not hiding anymore.

Banned Read only
    Good on you Mandy!

A sweater dress and boots will take care of it. Light jacket after that.

Platinum Member
    Congratulations Mandy! I'm more than a bit envious, but I also think it's fair to say after all these years of patient, persistent effort, you've earned the right to live as the person really are!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    Hello everyone. So much has happened for me lately. I am truly out of the closet, to use a phrase we're probably tired of hearing.
    I will never get tired of hearing this phrase. Yee ha!!!!!!! I love it!!!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Amanda and CONGRATS! I like Jen's idea about a sweater dress, tights and boots with a light jacket. Still business but also casual.

Hugs

Isha

Mandy thank you for working with the local group. I think like most volunteer groups I have led or been in, we are glad you are there however your are dressed.
    From your pics it will be very fem and nice.
    Love your smile.
    Hugs

Your living the dream. Good for you.

Silver Member
    I'd wear a skirt suit (nothing impresses like a nice skirt suit, at least in my opinion), or a blazer, top and matching long skirt if the cold really bothers you. Since it is a meeting of professionals, and this is your first impression to them, might as well dress up with formality. Might have to wear a male coat for now unless you have a neutral one. Later on, when you have time, I would get one of those dressy wool jackets businesswomen often wear; unlike most men, I noticed women who dress up also have a "formal" coat they wear when they dress to go to the office etc.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 11-14-2014 at 06:22 AM.