Thread: From high to lows within minutes

From high to lows within minutes

Shopping earlier today I get someone At the register telling co workers that they can help "her" meaning me. Then, within minutes at a different spot in the store. The clerk says " I can help you sir"

do they cancel out? Does the "her" count more than the automatic "sir"? Oh well who is keeping score anyway.

People look quickly at just one feature and say next please! Sir or M'aam are just incidental.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Incidental yes. Did it make my day kinda.

Why is there always one smart ass S A
    that's has to throw out a sir Just to let you know you didn't fool them !

Silver Member
    The right pronoun is heavenly to hear, of course I mean she, her, maam...The contrary at times is a buzz kill for me.

No, the "sirs" and the "ma'ams" don't cancel out. Only the ma'ams count. The sirs are just noise.

You didn't say how you presented - as a male, female, or some of both, or neither. But if you presented as a woman, you should have been addressed as such. It would be a good thing to send a letter or e-mail to the store manager/owner to remind employees that they should address their CUSTOMERS as they present themselves, and not try to figure out their biological sex. And when in doubt, avoid words with a gender/sex association ("May I help you?" is good enough).