I'm a bit confused having read several posts regarding folks wanting to quit. A lot of members say it's not possible as the desire to CD always stays with a person (I've found this to be true throughout my life), while some say if you want to quit, it's as easy as that, just do it.

The reason I have posted about this is because CD has affected my life a lot in the last 2 years, or maybe it's the other way around, my life has affected my CD a lot. I have been through a very, very hard time in every part of life and have felt a massive pull towards CD, which I think is as an escape, plus it makes me feel good and excited. Because of the problems in my marriage, family, job and everything else, I have just about imploded. When New Year comes, I need to start looking for a new job, but I keep thinking "this job or that job wouldn't let me CD, so I'll not apply for it" and stuff like that, as if I was working 9-5 and then with my SO and family at weekends but altogether unhappy, I would end up quitting the job. I know, because this is what I did 3 years ago.

I really want to go to counselling but don't have the money to pay for it and can't talk to my close friends about it.