Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to hide your crossdressing from a maid

How to hide your crossdressing from a maid

Hi everyone,

I just moved to my first house. Since there was a lot of work before moving in (painting, lawn, carpet, packing my stuff), I hired a maid for doing the big top-to-bottom cleaning while the house was empty. She did a great job, and I am thinking of hiring her monthly for maintenance cleaning. But I don't know how to hide my crossdressing without being suspicious.

I can't just hide everything in the attic every time she is going to come, I really have a lot of clothes accumulated over the years (I think I have more than male clothes!), and it would take a lot of time to move them there and back. I would like to keep them in place if possible. If I tell the maid "please don't clean the closet" (when she vacuums the master bedroom), she will probably be wondering why, and even if she looks professional enough, she might be curious enough to have a peek.

Do you have any idea, or any excuse I could give for her to avoid that specific area of the house and not being suspicious? Thanks girls!
    Last edited by Mimi; 11-15-2014 at 01:56 AM. Reason: request to move thread no longer relevant

If you're going to have someone in your house regularly and expect them to do a good job of cleaning then they will need access to everything that needs cleaned. You could put a lock on a closet and store your things in there.

When you get right down to it, she will likely find out eventually. It's really none of her business and if she is a professional she will do her job and not be concerned with her customer's peccadillos. You might consider not doing anything special to hide your things and let her think what she may. If you start hiding or making up stories then she has something juicy to think about. Maids see closets full of dresses every single day so yours won't really be unusual.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My aunt and I have a full-time live-in house maid which we pay 6000 pesos a month. My aunt always told me never to dress up, and if this maid sees me, she will spread all kinds of gossip and quit. Well, one morning she saw me fully dressed up in a nice skirt suit, and she was just surprised and amazed. But she never quit. I guess she was amazed at how beautiful I was, from the look on her face. So it's no big deal if your maid finds out.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    a) why would she care what you wear?
    b) why would you care what she thinks - unless she works for someone you know
    c) she's going to find out anyway, because sooner or later you're going to make a mistake

It sounds like you live alone Viny, and the great luxury of living alone is not being answerable to other people's domestic preferences. Make the most of it dear.

Looks like you're into cosplay? Why not get a maid's outfit and work with her? It's always lovely to have a sister.

PS We have a cleaner about twice a month, and I'm always careful to put away my lingerie, but I'm guessing she already knows somehow or other.
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 11-15-2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Short attention spa

Put a locking knob on the closet door?

Banned Read only
    Viny,
    If you have another hobby other than CDing just say that room doesn't need cleaning !
    I had a darkroom for my business at home, I kept that clean because of the chemical hazards !
    I also paint at home in a separate studio, again I would keep that clean !

tell her there are RATS in there!

don't go in there!

My throughts on this is just to be open and have your things as you like them.
    Why go to the trouble of trying to hide your things from her, she is there to keep your home clean and tidy.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Viny,

I normally find the more you try to hide things (e.g., a lock on a closet door looks quite ominous) the more people's imagination run wild. A close friend of mine worked for a cleaning company when she was going to university and the stuff she saw in people's houses was mind boggling but she was professional about it. If your maid works for a reputable company, is bonded and is professional I am sure she will keep her comments to herself. However, if you are truly concerned then I suppose you could buy non transparent garment bags and store your dresses and other women's clothing in those. These could hang in your closet and she would just think you are a neat freak.

Hugs

Isha

i'm telling you, man...

just tell her there are frickin RATS in there

she won't go in there!

Solution #1: It's the maid for gosh sakes, why would she even blink an eye??? She is there to do a job.

Solution #2: A lock.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...set&highlight=

Although I agree with Isha in that a lock on a closet door such as this looks rather ominous and makes people think, the peeps that will think in my home are children and the lock beats the alternative, them having free reign which guarantees the closet would have been opened by now.

If you have a walk-in closet with a regular handset, then your task is easy, just put a locking handset on it and you're done.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

They say you should only be concerned about 5% or less of the things you worry and fret about. The other 95% of your worries is not worth worrying about.

This is one of those things and as long as you don't have the dresses spread out across your bed and wigs on Styrofoam heads in your room then you'll be fine. They have their own lives to live and this is just a job for them. Chances are they are not like a couple 15 year old kids trying to snoop through a panty drawer to find things.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    i'm telling you, man...

just tell her there are frickin RATS in there

she won't go in there!
    Disagree. Some cleaners would regard that as a challenge. We had one last year who wins muscle building competitions- a scary lady. Had to let her go because she worked so fast she missed a lot of stuff- but she'd have eaten your rats for breakfast- our dogs were terrified of her.

Reality Check
    Put a lock on the door. Tell the maid it's just storage and doesn't need to be cleaned.

This will be a lot more believable if the closet is in a spare bedroom, not the one you use.

This reminds me of an incident with the HVAC repair man. He was at the house doing his bi-annual check of the air conditioning and heating systems. He decided that he needed to go into the master bathroom to check on the position of a air return duct. There were skirts and slips and wigs on styrofoam heads as well as make up. When he came out he gave me an enquiring look which I did not acknowledge. His company still does the bi-annual check.

Also had a lady who used to occassioally do laundry and one day she asked why she never saw male style underwear in the hamper. Again, I ignored the question as I saw no need to explain anything.

We have a commercial arrangement. I don't have to explain or defend any details of my private life and neither should you.

Over and over there are posts on this site defending our right to behave as we want and to "stand tall" as cross dressers and then we behave as if we are completely ashamed of ourselves and our love of cross dressing. Which is it to be?

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    We had a cleaning lady who didn't eat rats but destroyed vacuum cleaners ! She burnt three out in as many months ! She had to go, we couldn't afford new machines at that rate !!

Viny ,
    The other answer would be just to dress in front of her as if it was your normal way of life !

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Make the most of it dear.

Looks like you're into cosplay? Why not get a maid's outfit and work with her? It's always lovely to have a sister.
    I think this is the best response. If you have the right maid, no tellin', you might find all of your bras folded nicely in drawers. All your dresses hanging neatly. And all of your delicates laundered perfectly. If I could hire domestics, it would be understood right up front that they are hired help in my private environment and that includes the truth that I am a crossdresser. All of this hiding and sneaking around stuff only supports the erroneous narrow minded assumption that what we do is somehow wrong. We are man and woman. So, the man says, "I'm a crossdresser! You got a problem with that?" And the woman says, "Good! Love your earrings. I have a maid's dress and I want to help. There's going to be something extra in your pay this week. Thank you for your understanding."
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have a lady that cleans for me on a regular basis. I do my washing when it is time for her to come, but leave my cloths out for her to fold. She folds my panties and other female clothing right along with any male clothing. The first time she saw the panties, I told her.....no bones about it...a woman is in this house at times. Who cares if she bought what I said

I do have one bedroom I call my man cave, that I only allow her to clean the floor. I told her it was my hobby room and I did not want her to bother any of my hobby items, The closet is locked in that room and only I have the key. Have no idea if that helps or not....good luck with your issue.

"Over and over there are posts on this site defending our right to behave as we want and to "stand tall" as cross dressers and then we behave as if we are completely ashamed of ourselves and our love of cross dressing. Which is it to be?"

Good question, Consuelo. Viny, no need to hide, no need to advertise. Just live your life as you wish. No harm, no foul.

Stephanie

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ...you own a house, and can afford a maid to clean it along with 2 sets of wardrobes...life must be good...sounds like a good problem to have.

Thanks for your replies everyone!

You all made me realize it was actually not that big of a deal if she discovers it. After all, we should not be ashamed of it. We all love being crossdressers here for many reasons, it is just hard to make it socially accepted. After my good Halloween experience this year, I realized it was not a big deal, as long as it is presented properly. Also, the maid is a pro and she is supposed to keep it for herself. There is only one person we know in common, so that would limit the leak of information if it had to happen. But just to reduce the risk, I will still try to hide it a bit.

In the master bedroom, the closet is behind two giant sliding doors, so no locking possible. The other rooms have closets with small double doors, open from the center, so no standard locking handle can be added. Adding padlock or something like would make her imagination go wild probably. I will probably move my stuff in my hobby room (for music composition), and just let her know to do only a quick clean in that room (only vacuuming), I will just try to make the closet doors hard to reach for the vacuum cleaner and say that this closet is just storage.

Those comments about having rats in there or being dressed as a maid while helping (I pictured it in my mind, that was hilarious) made me laugh. Thanks for that!

Adriana, surprisingly, owning a 4 bedroom house alone in Florida costs me less than the 2 bedroom apartment I had before, in the last 5 years. It is all about location, I have to commute now (I used to walk to work), but this is not too bad (15 minutes). The price of the maid would not even make the monthly price go over the previous rent price. Also, I'm thinking of only doing the service once a month, I will still maintain the house partially myself.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    You have a girlfriend. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    You have a girlfriend. Simple.
    I think this has got to be the best solution. If she's only coming once a month it would be easy to say the girlfriend is just at work. If the maid doesn't believe you that's her problem.

Silver Member
    I've lived in a lot of places and had maid service much of the time. Never had a problem with them telling anyone that I knew. They may have talked about it at home or with friends. Who knows.

When I'm in a hotel I don't hide my clothes.