Thread: Shock and tears

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar

Shock and tears

I've only been seen completely dressed, make up, wig, by two people, both women. The second, our neighbour Sheila, had a heart attack 2 days ago - she's had stents fitted and seems to be recovering well - but when I heard the news I burst into tears. It meant so much to be accepted by her- she invited Nikki to spend an evening and was just so lovely and accepting- I couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

Thanks, just needed to tell someone.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nikki,

I am so glad to hear your friend is doing well and recovering. Good friends are gold, those who accept us for who we are in my books . . . platinum.

Hugs

Isha

I am sorry to hear about your friend and I can understand your concern.

I also can attest to the fact that this is something that can be survived.
    I went through the same thing. This coming February will be twelve years.

She is lucky to have you as a friend.

Well it sure is good news the recovery is going well I'm sure that you will have her around now for a lot longer. As they say you never know when the good lord will take you away so enjoy every moment.

Nikki, big hug, glad she is doing better. She sounds like a wonderful lady.
    You both do.
    Take care.

So glad your friend Sheila is doing better! Sounds like it is your turn to help and support her.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Nikki, I am glad she is doing well, its great that you have people around you that accept you and can hang out with, that fact alone it testimony to how big and strong her heart is. I have a very close married girlfriend that has no idea I CD, although she told me once that she wished I were gay one time. I know if anything happened to her it would crush me too.

Take care

Nikki,
    I agree with others show you are a good friend and support her in her time of need.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    I also can attest to the fact that this is something that can be survived.
    I went through the same thing. This coming February will be twelve years.
    12 more years so far, and I imagine you haven't taken a single day for granted. Congrats on your recovery and thank you for your kind words.

Thank you all, it is so valuable to have this place to be able to come to.

Sheila continues to recover.

Nikki