Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my 17 year old daughter

I told my 17 year old daughter

I told my 17 year old daughter about Natasha this past Wednesday night!
    I was nervous wreck the entire day leading up to that evening. I had told her to make sure she came by my place before going to her mother's because I had something important to talk to her about. I had been planning on attending the girls night out in Oakville last night and had wanted to get out and hit some shops before hand with another sister, but this meant leaving dressed and in the middle of the afternoon.
    So rather than keep sneaking around on the weekends when my daughter was with me, I figured it was time to tell her about Natasha. My wife wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or not, but I figured she is going to find out sooner or later anyway so I may as well just tell her.
    So Wed night comes around and she is waiting for me when I got home from work. I jumped in the shower, thinking of how to start this conversation. I was so nervous from thinking about it all day. The shower lasted longer than usual..LOL I was about to chicken out when she finally asked
    "So whats so important?" I started out with saying "Well you may already know or suspect...with the painted toe nails you've seen a few times and the room full of shoes 3 sizes too big for Trish (my wife).....
    but......uh........I crossdress."
    I sat there waiting for the Oh My God! Thats sick!
    But it never came!
    She says "Yeah I kind of figured something along those lines"
    I was speechless! I was so convinced she would be creeped out by it but she is not!
    Completely the opposite...she thinks its awesome.
    So Saturday rolls around and I'm dressed and ready to head out at 3 in the afternoon and I'm saying my goodbyes to my wife and my daughters (the other one is only 4 and she has never batted an eye at me dressed). My wife asks the older one "What do think?" and she says "She looks great!" like I've been dressing in front of her for years already.
    Later while I was out shopping I texted her and asked what she really thinks of my alternate personality
    and her answer was "honestly..I think its awesome!"
    I said "Good, I was so worried you'd be creeped out." she said "Not creeped out in the least."

So all in all It was a very positive experience telling.
    It feels so liberating to not have to sneak in and out of my own house for fear she would see me.
    Thinking about it now, It was so obvious she would be accepting...she is a very mature and open minded young woman and is very sensitive to any kind of racist, stereotypical, or just degrading remarks in general.

She is awesome!!!!

On cloud nine,
    Natasha
    Last edited by heellover; 11-16-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    HUGS

Such an awesome thing! You obviously have a beautiful spirit in that daughter of yours. It's great that you were able to get it off your worry list and be open with her.

What a nice story! I think your initial hesitation shows the care and respect you have for your daughter, and I hope my daughter will grow up to be mature, open minded, and sensitive like yours.

Wow, how incredible for you, Natasha! It must feel great to be open with your daughter and have her respond that way.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    How wonderful! Here's hoping it will bring you even closer together

Im really happy for you. telling your child something like that, takes alot of courage.

maybe you two can go shopping together sometime.

That's awesome! Sounds like you have a wonderful daughter with wonderful parents. I know what you mean about being nervous beforehand and about the relief when loved ones show such acceptance. Congratulations! (A bit misty-eyed)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I love hearing this kind of result. It gives me a little more courage to move in the same direction. You did a good job raising an awesome daughter, make sure she knows how much you respect her.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm very happy for u, Natasha. That it worked out so well. Not all of us r so lucky, tho.

I told my then 18 y/o daughter 2 years ago. She had NO CLUE what I had been up to for the past 15 years! She was "creeped out" then and still is. We have a DADT arrangement.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Good upbringing shows every time - be proud

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Well done to you both. Sounds like you and your ex did an excellent job raising her. Sorry the marriage went south.

Natasha, what a great out come from a very understanding daughter, I am pleased to see that the younger generation have a much better under standing along with more acceptance towards the LGBT at large than many from years ago. Well done so nice to read that things worked out so well for you all.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

HIGH FIVE ON THIS!!!!!! KUDOS TO U FOR TAKING THE FIRST STEP IN NOT HIDING ANY LONGER.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Platinum Member
    That's great. One more testimony to the resilience and open mindedness of young people.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Fantastic Natasha!! great result, it is awesome that your daughter is so open minded and accepting.

Nice outcome Natasha... you have a wonderful family!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

That's really nice to hear. Credit is due to her parents for teaching their daughter tolerance for those who are different.

Thank you all for the warm responses!
    Yes she is a wonderful daughter and I love her very much.

I like to think I have done a good job with raising her!
    As for the ex..well i was never beyond dating her..chalk that up to young and stupid...
    but the result was a beautiful daughter and I would never change that in a million years!

Still on cloud nine!
    Natasha
    HUGS

Well done, it's is a different world for many young ones.
    My wife & kids also help with make up ideas and also help themselves to my make up.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

What a great story. I am so happy for you.

Now, the REAL question on everybody's mind is , where did you get those awesome heels?
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Hope it all works out for you wish my daughter was so understanding x

What a heart-warming experience!

That's really awesome!!

So happy for you Natasha! It must feel like a weight of worry has been lifted off your shoulders. You clearly did an excellent job raising an open and understanding child. Congratulations lovely xx

Some of today's coming out stories are so positive.

So nice to see.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.