Thread: I've experienced a positive outcome from Dressing.

I've experienced a positive outcome from Dressing.

I have realized that in the last year of cross dressing my self esteem has increased a great deal. When I was younger before dressing started I always tought of myself a broken dameged good unworthy of love or companionship my self esteem was at the lowest point where I didn't feel of myself as even an average person but my wife as well as many friends have told me lately that I now present myself very confident and comfortable talking to people I can now look in the mirror and see that beautiful person I should have always seen which is me. I totally give credit for this to my cross dressing by opening my eyes from a different perspective. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. Thank you
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    You're more a more complete person now. Why wouldn't you feel better?

I don't think there's a person here who hasn't felt more complete by allowing their feminine side to find her voice.

Congratulations Natasha, yellow rose of Texas.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I'm not sure if for me it's self esteem but I do feel more open and able to not fear things about myself or about what others think. I'm me and realize I can help others and not fear. I also understand I should be less selfish too

For me, its the ability to use both sides of my self to deal with the world at large. the male side of me deals with things very differently then my fem side. I believe that its a yin yang kind of thing, one side completes the other. it helps me to see it from both sides...

Wife says that since I have been dressing more she has seen a much kinder and less critical man in me. I am more compassionate than I used to be also. I think it's just that I've mellowed with age but she thinks that there is something more. I know I seem to understand my wife more now. I guess it's the old saying before you criticize walk a mile in my high heels.

Platinum Member
    Repressed needs, denial and self loathing are not good for ones mental health or relationships. And being freed from those things certainly feels better. I did for me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes Natasha - I think I can empathise with that...

Self-acceptance is waaaay preferable to self-loathing and anything that encourages an improvement in one's self-esteem should be held as a positive activity.

In full agreement.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I agree with other here, before I accepted Michelle as part of me I was less confident in myself and worried far too much about what others think. Now I am more self confident and don't worry half as much about others opinions. As you said Natasha it does give you a new perspective on things. I think it comes from years of repression being let go. You only live once, live life to the full!

The beautiful person inside will be there regardless of external appearance.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I think I'm happier than I've ever been. At my wedding party, while I was dressed in my wedding dress and singing karaoke , my new wife asked my 24 year old son if he ever pictured his father like this, he said no, but I've never seen him this happy.

Over the years attitudes change and you realise that what you thought previously aboyt self esteemwas misplaced.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    It sounds as if you've accepted Natasha and the good things that come from it !
    I find it sad that so many of us have that part rejected when its' possibly our better, more caring and thoughtful side !

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    I don't think there's a person here who hasn't felt more complete by allowing their feminine side to find her voice.
    I have to disagree with this line Nikki not everyone thinks this is better for them.

However I have to say for myself it has been a growing experience since stepping out the door. The encouragement and support of a few members and friends. I am now more comfortable than I have ever been.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Yes, I share your feelings. It's partly because I accepted this as something positive, and not something to be ashamed of. And it's partly because it takes an enormous amount of courage to say, "This is who I am, and I don't care what anyone else thinks." The courage bleeds over into other things.

I feel I'm the same old person i've alway been. just a bit happier now the my wife knows and I dress about 50% of the time.
    Angie

I am glad you feel good about integrating both sides

I have felt a self esteem boost as well. Wish it would've happened 25 years ago, my life would be very different. It might be shallow, but nobody ever commented on my appearance and I just assumed I was the ugliest person ever. Funny how, as Carrie, people mention how I look.

Natasha,

Thank you, yes like others here I have experienced much the same. Growing up I was probably this nerdy guy who was lacking in confidence and knew that something was missing. Now I know that that the missing part was my femme self. Now I find that I am more confident -- and outgoing as Claire -- and I think others find me more interesting as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Gone to live my life
    Hi Natasha,

I can's say as a guy I have ever had a self-esteem issue (been quite comfortable in my own skin). I can say though that since I have accepted and integrated Isha into my being, I am a much more complete and happier person (my wife agrees on this point).

Hugs

Isha

Thank you all for replying i have never felt better in my life i use to feel like just a shell rolling in the wind but that shell is long gone only to be replaced by a wonderful feeling of a refreshed lease on life with an actual reason for self worth. I no longer feel like standing on the sidelines and instead enjoy contributing to the conversations and mingling within. Thank you all for the great support

I love you all...

Well ... sort-of,
    As I left "middle age" and entered my "golden years" I developed the attitude that I really don't care what people think of me. I became comfortable with myself.

Then this gender dysphoria became apparent and crushed my ego. It was so awful that I sought the council of a therapist.

With her help I am now on the path back to self-acceptance. I suppose credit may be given to cross dressing.

Best wishes
    MsVal