Thread: Being excited by dressing, but not during dressing??

Being excited by dressing, but not during dressing??

Hi all:

Had a strange question for you all -- I do think about crossdressing as much as the next crossdresser, and I take great delight in planning an outing dressed. The anticipation of the outing is still very exciting, but when I am dressed and out and about, I am rarely excited. (I wonder if it is because I am so self conscious and not completely relaxed.) When I get home, and look at my pictures out and about, and think about the outing, I again feel very excited (ie. turned on). I was just wondering what other crossdressers experience?

(Sorry in advance if this post should be in the GM forum!)
    Last edited by maya1love; 11-23-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I get excited before and after..happy during my outing, as well as the emotions you describe. And I always try to get pictures since I went to all the trouble to dress!!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

The last time dressed outside I went to a drive threw burger place and ate in my car, I don't know why but I felt like I was rushing, all the waiting for that moment and then it's like I am in a rush and have nowhere to go. When I got home my wife even questioned why I was back so fast, and I even started to question it myself, what was I rushing for. I guess the planning is more fun then the actual doing it. Next time I have to stop and cherish the moment.

Sometimes the dressing itself is somewhat anti-climactic as we have reached our goal. Kind of like planning a vacation. Once you are experiencing it, it's not such a big deal. Afterward, you remember the good times you had with pics, etc.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I find dressing exiciting during the preparation and the actually wearing.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I have had similar experiences, I find that it happens most often when I've been planning a dressing for a while as I think it's easy to build thinks up in your head. I tend to enjoy it a lot more when I do it spontaneously, you might be feel the same way. I find at times when cross dressing isn't at the forfront on my mind, that often that the dressing itself is for more enjoyable than at the times when I am in pink mist mode.

Aspiring Member
    I've experienced on multiple occasions. Where the thought of doing it is better than actually doing it. If I'm at home. Going out is mostly something else entirely. Exuberating every time. Maybe because it dosent occur that often.

Before I got remarried I use to go out 2 to 3 times a week. Meetings Shopping or just to dinner I was excited all day waiting to get home and change to go out. Then just be myself and enjoy what I was doing and who I was with. Now that I don't go out anymore I'm just excited to dress.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

When you are out and about survival instincts come into play and you are out in the real world then also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love the anticipation of getting dressed. Once I am actually doing my make up and changing into something pretty, a certain calmness comes over me. I just feel 'right' and ready to face the world as a woman. I love being in public as a woman, it finally feels like I belong!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Similar, but maybe not the same, Maya. I find planning for, and getting dressed not very exciting. Often, it's stressful until I'm finished putting everything on and am satisfied with how I look. I am a CD even tho I go out dressed often now.

I've never been anything but nervous and stressed when out amongst the muggles. I relax and enjoy myself when I meet my T friends at T friendly venues. But, never get worked up or ever think of sex.

However, when I dress and remain at home I'm much more relaxed. I often "get excited" after finishing a shooting session. And, I usually find looking at Sherry's photos, whether taken at home or out and about, to be an erotic experience!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-24-2014 at 01:34 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Maya: It sounds like you are getting more comfortable being out, so you are relaxing and enjoying??? I don't get excited getting ready or while out, now it just feels normal. Having said that, I am HAPPY when getting ready and when out

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Platinum Member
    I'm primarily an in-home cross dresser. I mentally plan what dress I'm going to wear. The undergarments and shoes flow from my choice of dress. I really don't get any tingles anymore waiting for my femme time. I just get dressed and go about my day which is usually doing domestic chores and cooking. When I have gone out it has been alone in my car and for a walk. I found strolling in the early evening to be exhilarating: the cool breeze caressing my legs as my dress and slip are toyed with by the wind. I've actually found strolling in itself to be anti-climatic, actually boring. With really no place to go it has become a stroll with no destination.

So, after so many decades of dressing, the act itself has become second nature. Almost like putting on my male attire.