Thread: Talking about my femme side with my mom

Talking about my femme side with my mom

In a previous post, I mentioned that I had been at my mom's visiting and in the course of events, she wound up meeting my femme side. From her perspective, this was the beginning of my discovery, but I think she knows that Kaley has existed for quite a while.

In any case, we had a lot of fun, but haven't really talked about it (mostly via text) since then. Of course, I long to talk more with her about Kaley and interact with her as Kaley, but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm wondering if she's having regrets about encouraging me and feels awkward now.

In any case, I'm looking for ways to bring up the topic naturally. I plan to visit again in a couple months, so, I'm hoping to have some mother-daughter time together. We did go out one evening for drinks together this last time.

All suggestions are welcome!!

I think once a mother accepts, it just is. They don't talk about IT because to them you are just you. I'm going to visit my mom in about 10 days. I plan on flying up en femme and walking into her house as my true self, Catherine. I hope it is no big deal. So, I think you should just be yourself and enjoy time with mom.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

i think i read that post,
    cherish that it even happened and let things take a natural coarse for now, you are her son so be her son too....maybe during the the holidays she may have something special for kaley, try not to push for the time being....see where it may go....she may have some second guesses and needs time to process even if she suspected like you mentioned....she may want to go to dinner as mother and son too ???
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Just let your mother choose her time, or you will be visiting and sense that the time is ripe for more discussion. It will happen naturally I'm sure. You made remarkable progress during your last meeting. Keep in touch with her frequently and make sure you inquire after her health and well being.

Aspiring Member
    After the reveal, if a spouse grieves the loss of the husband and marriage she thought she had, then I'd imagine a mother also grieves the loss of the son she thought she had. I wouldn't push the topic. Let her discuss it when she's ready. In the end she's your mother, she loves you more than anything and she's not going anywhere. Why rush? You've got the rest of your relationship to figure this out. x

Platinum Member
    Honestly, I see no reason to avoid or delay any further conversation. You've already gone out and dressed up at home with your Mom. So when you have the opportunity to speak with her privately again, first of all thank her for her support, and then ask her if she has any questions, concerns or anything at all she would like to discuss. And if there are things you would like to discuss, tell her. But one thing I'd avoid is making this all about what you want to do...rather focus on feelings, hers and yours.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What Catherine said describes how it worked out between me and my mom. (good luck with your visit, Catherine!)
    Given what you posted previously I would guess that's how it is with your mother as well. I wouldn't read any negativity or hesitation into it. Some people just accept us for who we are, because they know who we are.
    Last edited by justmetoo; 11-24-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Kayley,
    I would try and make circumstances occur so as your mother has the opportunity make the next move.
    I would not push it if she has reservations.
    Have patience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Kaleyg,
    Now that things have opened up with your mom, let her get use to it, she's reacting as most women would with the coming out, she's accepted and feels she's helping you move forward but now she's getting a little scared of where the situation is leading !
    I wouldn't push your mother into an awkward situation ! Unlike a partner she may not wish to upset you by saying no !!